Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake through 16 starts

Quote:Now go back and remove the garbage time stats and lets see the real picture.

Careful, that could get ugly.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I never said that. I just hate the mood swings by fans after wins and losses. It's so hard to have any intelligent conversations when everyone is completely on one side of the spectrum or the other. I for instance think that bortles is playing average and thought that after every game instead of thinking he sucks one week and was great after the other. That part to me makes no sense.
I'm not saying give up on the kid, bench him, or clean house. I'm making a point that he needs to change and stop making those bad decisions at crucial moments. It frustrates me that they keep happening, but Carr and Bridgewater don't have those issues. They play sloppy some games as well, but they aren't making the decisions that Bortles is. I'm just comparing him to players that were drafted right after him.

Quote:You have to understand what bi polar means to truly understand a lot of the Jaguars fan base.
that implies that there's ever something for this fan base to be happy about.

He's thrown 1 pick 6 this year. As have a ton of QBs this season. Tannehill has 3 picks this first half, one for a td. Luck has 7? Ints on the season I believe.

Blake is playing fine. And much better than last season already.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If some of you hate being a Jags fan so much why don't you just stop (looking at Sosa)

Quote:He's thrown 1 pick 6 this year. As have a ton of QBs this season. Tannehill has 3 picks this first half, one for a td. Luck has 7? Ints on the season I believe.

How is a 50% completion percentage "fine" dude. are you serious?

Quote:He's thrown 1 pick 6 this year. As have a ton of QBs this season. Tannehill has 3 picks this first half, one for a td. Luck has 7? Ints on the season I believe.

Kaepernick threw 2 in a row today.

Quote:I'm not saying give up on the kid, bench him, or clean house. I'm making a point that he needs to change and stop making those bad decisions at crucial moments. It frustrates me that they keep happening, but Carr and Bridgewater don't have those issues. They play sloppy some games as well, but they aren't making the decisions that Bortles is. I'm just comparing him to players that were drafted right after him.

Carr has definitely played better than bortles this season, but bridgewater? Teddy has looked pretty bad if you actually watch the games and not just the box score.

Quote:Carr has definitely played better than bortles this season, but bridgewater? Teddy has looked pretty bad if you actually watch the games and not just the box score.
He looks horrible in the box score as well. 

Quote:Carr has definitely played better than bortles this season, but bridgewater? Teddy has looked pretty bad if you actually watch the games and not just the box score.

His box scores aren't good either. The team is winning but not because of him.

;

;

The issue is he nor the team have been recovering from them more often than not. The game was not out of hand when Blake threw his lone pick. But we never really got anything going after that until garbage time. This is typical for us lately. That makes me wonder...why does this happen and what can be done to combat it? Yeah, it was ugly but we doing pretty well considering our opposition

I will say that, if you discount the INT, there were a few almost catches that, had they been made, may have completely changed the flow of the game. Robinson's sideline almost grab and the TD that was just beyond Grant's reach.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Told ya OP...

Quote:The issue is he nor the team have been recovering from them more often than not. The game was not out of hand when Blake threw his lone pick. But we never really got anything going after that until garbage time.

I will say that, if you discount the INT, there were a few almost catches that, had they been made, may have completely changed the flow of the game. Robinson's sideline almost grab and the TD that was just beyond Grant's reach.

It wasn't beyond his reach, it went between his hands.

Quote:that implies that there's ever something for this fan base to be happy about.

Well, there has been 8 wins since Gus has been the HC so there has been at least 8 occasions for the fan base to be happy.

Unfortunately there has been 27 occasions for the fan base to be unhappy and that's just terrible no matter what excuses you want to come up with as to why that is.

Quote:It wasn't beyond his reach, it went between his hands.

My bad...I was working off memory which admittedly isn't very good on the best of days.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:You're in denial and a typical apologist. Defend this team til your last breath and nothing is ever wrong.

Dude our team is stacked. Can't you see that.

Quote:How is a 50% completion percentage "fine" dude. are you serious?

There's a big difference between between 50% and 58%.... 60% is considered the standard pretty much
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Dude our team is stacked. Can't you see that.
Whoa bro! Couple more years dude! Just a few more drafts and we'll develop, man! 

The cold hard facts are that BB5 is 4-12 in his first 16 starts and that means he is off to an awful start to his NFL career.

I know it's not all on the QB, but getting off to a 4-12 start in your first 16 games means he has a ways to go before he gets close to posting any kind of winning QB record.

You are what your record says your are, and BB5 says he is 4-12.

Just a couple more year and you will be able to vote