Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake through 16 starts

Quote:You are the one who said he doesn't make dumb decisions dopey. 
At "Crucial moments". No reading comprehension... Dopey.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gus is the worst part of this team. Not Blake.

Also.... Looks like everyone is gonna get whipped by NE. Bills got smacked and they are really good.

At least the Bills put up +30 points on them and made it slightly interesting in the end... 

Nobody has gotten "smacked" quite like we have.   I guess the 49ers are doing about as well as we did today.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Bortles is completing less than 54% of his passes which is horrible.
He has had about 10 drops this season already. 

Quote:Bridgewater? Lol, he sucks. The only reason Min. have done much better than Jax is because the coaching staff and roster is much better than the Jags. Carr is easily the best QB of that class as he was last year also. I would still take Manziel over Bortles or Teddy. Along with Arron Murray and possibly AJ McCarron

If Bridgewater sucks, what do we have to call Bortles?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:He has had about 10 drops this season already. 

Maybe because he throws a wobbly and inaccurate ball?  Every QB has his share of drops, but I do think Bortles throwing an ugly and erratic ball certainly doesn't help the receivers catch it.

Quote:Maybe because he throws a wobbly and inaccurate ball?  Every QB has his share of drops, but I do think Bortles throwing an ugly and erratic ball certainly doesn't help the receivers catch it.
lol come on now.

Question how many of Blakes TD came in garbage time and how many INT came

In crucial parts of the game then we can discuss his stats

Quote:lol come on now.

it's true.

Quote:it's true.
How dare those millionaire WRs have to go out of their way and catch a ball that might be a little wobbly or a little off target. 

That is straight BS in my book. 

His absolute ceiling is in that thir tier of qbs with Tannehill, Dalton, and the like. But it seems unlikely he ever improves to even that level.

Quote:How dare those millionaire WRs have to go out of their way and catch a ball that might be a little wobbly or a little off target. 

That is straight [BAD WORD REMOVED] in my book. 

you're the one that brought up drops, not me.

I think Blake is inaccurate.  Even on many of his completions, it's slightly behind or too high or too low, which limits the receivers YAC ability.  Just something I've noticed.  Although drops are inexcusable and will happen to any team, I think Blake being inaccurate definitely contributes to our drop rate.

Quote:If Bridgewater sucks, what do we have to call Bortles?
Bortles has played bad also but atleast he does have the tools to be a good QB. We havent seen it yet but Teddy doesnt even have the tools to be a good QB. Most of us knew Teddys ceiling was Alex Smith. Like i said though i would still take Carr who is easily the best qb of the group or even Manziel and Aaron Murray over both.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 06:49 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:you're the one that brought up drops, not me.

I think Blake is inaccurate.  Even on many of his completions, it's slightly behind or too high or too low, which limits the receivers YAC ability.  Just something I've noticed.  Although drops are inexcusable and will happen to any team, I think Blake being inaccurate definitely contributes to our drop rate.
I don't know both drops by green last week seemed to be on target.  The drop by Lewis hit him dead in his hands.  He also hit Hurns dead in his chest on post route week one that was dropped. 

Quote:His absolute ceiling is in that thir tier of qbs with Tannehill, Dalton, and the like. But it seems unlikely he ever improves to even that level.

I feel the same way about Mariota. Join the club.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:No, you don't expect that. He makes stupid decisions at crucial moments in a professional league. Bridgewater and Carr don't do that and just led their teams to victory. Instead we have a pick six machine that

likes to throw ducks when he feels like it. He likes slingin' it though! That's okay, right?

BB5 is gonna be OK...  He's gonna be better then Carr or Bridgewater...  He's going through a trial by fire...  It's gonna be OK.  Just wait...

He actually had an OK game.

I remember that duck he threw in the 1st half.  It was bad.  His INT was also not very good.

But the guy is OK.  Just gotta give time for the offense to gel...  I think we're a couple weeks away from actually becoming the real deal...  This offense is about to get good.  Just gotta wait a couple more weeks...  It's almost solidified.

Quote:His absolute ceiling is in that thir tier of qbs with Tannehill, Dalton, and the like. But it seems unlikely he ever improves to even that level.

LOL, Dalton?  You idiot...  Dalton and the Bengles are a real team.  Unlike the tacks.  But keep crapping out stupidity.  It's funny

BB5 is about to turn the corner.  You'll see it in about 3 weeks.  If not, we'll have to cut bait.  But I have a feeling he's pretty much figuring it out...

Quote:BB5 is gonna be OK...  He's gonna be better then Carr or Bridgewater...  He's going through a trial by fire...  It's gonna be OK.  Just wait...

I remember that duck he threw in the 1st half.  It was bad.  His INT was also not very good.

But the guy is OK.  Just gotta give time for the offense to gel...  I think we're a couple weeks away from actually becoming the real deal...  This offense is about to get good.  Just gotta wait a couple more weeks...  It's almost solidified.
not sure if serious

Quote:BB5 is gonna be OK...  He's gonna be better then Carr or Bridgewater...  He's going through a trial by fire...  It's gonna be OK.  Just wait...

Just keep telling yourself that. I am sure it will work out. After all, It isn't like the Jags have a history of first round busts or anything...

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 06:54 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:I don't know both drops by green last week seemed to be on target.  The drop by Lewis hit him dead in his hands.  He also hit Hurns dead in his chest on post route week one that was dropped. 

not sure what your point is.  Never claimed there haven't been any legitimate drops.  there have been many.  Still doesn't make Blake an accurate QB IMO.  He struggles with the most foundational thing in football - throwing the ball.

Quote:I feel the same way about Mariota. Join the club.

You mean the project QB who has thrown for the most tds his first 3 games in nfl history? What does he have to with the fact that bortles is still inconsistent, inaccurate, and still makes poor decisions in his second season as a pro? Mariota has shown more in 3 games than bortles ever has, but this thread isn't about him.