Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake through 16 starts

I love how people keep bringing up Carr like teams were actually thinking of taking him in the first round. Remember how bad he looked under pressure in college? Maybe he changed and will be good, but I'm sick of people comparing bortles to Carr like Carr was an option at number three. Compare bortles to manziel or Bridgewater if you're gonna make comparisons because those were the three options in the first round, which I think bortles is outperforming them right now. Bridgewater had 123 yds 0tds and a pick today, but apparently he's much better than bortles

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just keep telling yourself that. I am sure it will work out. After all, It isn't like the Jags have a history of first round busts or anything...

How will it work out? Some people think Bortles will be fine. Some think he's already a bust. The fortunes of this franchise will be changed by neither.

;

;

Quote:Bortles has played bad also but atleast he does have the tools to be a good QB. We havent seen it yet but Teddy doesnt even have the tools to be a good QB. Most of us knew Teddys ceiling was Alex Smith. Like i said though i would still take Carr who is easily the best qb of the group or even Manziel and Aaron Murray over both.

Teddy has the tools to throw an accurate ball.  So far, Bortles hasn't shown that.

Physically, Blake has everything, but the most important thing is throwing the football which he has struggled with.  I'm not sure how high Bortles' ceiling us until I see him throw it accurately more consistently.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

@JIGANTIUS I am pretty sure most of your posts came in garbage time

Quote:not sure if serious

What's not to be serious about.  We went against a team that our D couldn't stop, and yet were could have honestly had the game within reach if not for a bad play by BB5 on the 2 minute drill...  A 2 minute drill he's been hella good at this year and last.  He made a mistake.  But we're gonna crucify him for it?

He looked horrible against Carolina.  I called him out for it.  He did OK today considering the fact that the game was pretty much out of reach from the get go...  He made some mistakes...  He tried too hard, and there were some balls and flags that if they went our way would have changed the fate of the game.  Not gonna call this a bust yet...

Quote:Just keep telling yourself that. I am sure it will work out. After all, It isn't like the Jags have a history of first round busts or anything...

I'll keep telling myself that...  He's got a few more games ahead of him that will go into my decision of how he'll turn out.  Is he a sure fire HOF'er?  Not from what we've seen.  But he's not a Tannehill either.  And man, that dude is a Henne if I ever saw one.

BB5 still has alot of potential.  He actually would look alot better with a little more time...  Let's he how the next couple months plays out.  I may change my mind.  Or...

You may realize you were too soon in your criticism...

Quote:@JIGANTIUS I am pretty sure most of your posts came in garbage time

All of my posts come in garbage time.. I like garbage time.. I like scraps Big Grin

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:What's not to be serious about.  We went against a team that our D couldn't stop, and yet were could have honestly had the game within reach if not for a bad play by BB5 on the 2 minute drill...  A 2 minute drill he's been hella good at this year and last.  He made a mistake.  But we're gonna crucify him for it?

He looked horrible against Carolina.  I called him out for it.  He did OK today considering the fact that the game was pretty much out of reach from the get go...  He made some mistakes...  He tried too hard, and there were some balls and flags that if they went our way would have changed the fate of the game.  Not gonna call this a bust yet...

I'll keep telling myself that...  He's got a few more games ahead of him that will go into my decision of how he'll turn out.  Is he a sure fire HOF'er?  Not from what we've seen.  But he's not a Tannehill either.  And man, that dude is a Henne if I ever saw one.

BB5 still has alot of potential.  He actually would look alot better with a little more time...  Let's he how the next couple months plays out.  I may change my mind.  Or...

You may realize you were too soon in your criticism...

Dude, Tannehill is lightyears better than Bortles

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:You may realize you were too soon in your criticism...

I sincerely hope so.

Quote:Every player we draft has pro bowl capability. Just give it time. This is like the 70s where every player was given 5 years to develop.

Your act has grown tiring.

Guess what? While it may not take five years, it still excluding unusual outliers take quarterbacks a longer time to develop then just 16 games. But no, forget patience. Do you realize that you want this team to become the southern Browns? They have no consistency, no continuity, and it's because they constantly give up too soon after one or two seasons. I guarantee you if I did a statistical analysis it would show that the majority of quarterbacks who went on to have solid careers had struggled throughout the first couple years. This isn't to say that Bortles will become elite, or this team will necessarily become good. We may be facing another rebuild. But we don't know that yet. This is a make or break season. Until then quit with the whiny sarcasm and constant fit because your showing your idiocy more and more

Quote:You mean the project QB who has thrown for the most tds his first 3 games in nfl history? What does he have to with the fact that bortles is still inconsistent, inaccurate, and still makes poor decisions in his second season as a pro? Mariota has shown more in 3 games than bortles ever has, but this thread isn't about him.

That's great. Good for the Titans. But it's an exception to the rule; and QBs who have enjoyed great rookie campaigns have also went on to regress; for example Kaepernick. See I can do it too

Quote:He actually already has more td than interceptions. 5 to 3. Against 3 solid defenses and missing many offensive weapons. But it's okay to over exaggerate things if that makes you feel better

Sure, if that makes you feel better.

Quote:Dude, Tannehill is lightyears better than Bortles

:blink:

You're kidding right?  Tannehill is more mediocre than Can't Newton...  And BB5 will be way ahead of both those guys in 2 years...  

You get that QBs have to progress over time, right?  Like you realize that, don't you?

Tannehill has plateaued at a level that BB5 has already reached and is about to progress from.  

You understand how the NFL works, right?

Quote: :blink:

You're kidding right?  Tannehill is more mediocre than Can't Newton...  And BB5 will be way ahead of both those guys in 2 years...  

You get that QBs have to progress over time, right?  Like you realize that, don't you?

Tannehill has plateaued at a level that BB5 has already reached and is about to progress from.  

You understand how the NFL works, right?

Alright you're starting to piss me off.  I honestly don't know if you're just being completely sarcastic or just flat out idiotic.

Look at Tannehill's rookie year.  Then look at his 2nd year.  Then look at his 3rd year.  That's called progression.

Quote:Sure, if that makes you feel better.

Don't say an inaccurate fact if you don't want to be called out on it lol. I guarantee he will end the year with more touchdowns than interceptions and I bet most people on this board will hop back on his back like they did after Miami.

Quote:Dude, Tannehill is lightyears better than Bortles
How do you figure?

Quote:That's great. Good for the Titans. But it's an exception to the rule; and QBs who have enjoyed great rookie campaigns have also went on to regress; for example Kaepernick. See I can do it too

I don't understand, what does he have to with mariota? Futhermore, what does that have to do with bortles? The point is that bortles is one of the worst starting qbs in the league and there isn't much light at the end of the tunnel. He hasn't shown much that would leave any unbiased person to believe he can be anything special in this league.

Quote:Alright you're starting to [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off.  I honestly don't know if you're just being completely sarcastic or just flat out idiotic.

Look at Tannehill's rookie year.  Then look at his 2nd year.  Then look at his 3rd year.  That's called progression.

Link it...

Sorry, but Tannehill has been on a team that has already been built, and his teams still stink...

BB5 is showing real progress.  You realize today was BB5's 16th game...

His 16th game...

Tannehill lost to us last week, and didn't beat us last year.  The Dolphin's D beat us last year.  

So tell me again how Tannehill is progressing????

pssssshhhhhhhh...  Please, that dude is a dud.  BB5 actually has potential.. Tannehill has climaxed.  And it's premature...  Kinda like...  Well, I'll just say he's done...

Quote:Alright you're starting to [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off.  I honestly don't know if you're just being completely sarcastic or just flat out idiotic.

Um that's what we're seeing. Is your post sarcasm, or are you just being idiotic?

Quote:Your act has grown tiring.

Guess what? While it may not take five years, it still excluding unusual outliers take quarterbacks a longer time to develop then just 16 games. But no, forget patience. Do you realize that you want this team to become the southern Browns? They have no consistency, no continuity, and it's because they constantly give up too soon after one or two seasons. I guarantee you if I did a statistical analysis it would show that the majority of quarterbacks who went on to have solid careers had struggled throughout the first couple years. This isn't to say that Bortles will become elite, or this team will necessarily become good. We may be facing another rebuild. But we don't know that yet. This is a make or break season. Until then quit with the whiny sarcasm and constant fit because your showing your idiocy more and more

Are you upset? Sounds like you want to cry. 

We cant compare Bortles to Tannehill or Newton. More so Newton seeing that he has guided to Panthers to multiple playoff appearances despite their record. Statistically  Tannehill is good but the W/L ratio is how a QB is measured now in days