Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon grading out well

I can see Yeldon going off on a bad run D. He picked up some 70-odd yards in the game which by itself doesn't seem to stand out, but he did it with very few holes opened up for him. Much of those yards he made himself.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can see Yeldon going off on a bad run D. He picked up some 70-odd yards in the game which by itself doesn't seem to stand out, but he did it with very few holes opened up for him. Much of those yards he made himself.

I don't understand.  If he goes off on a bad run D, is he going off?

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I don't understand.  If he goes off on a bad run D, is he going off?

Just to clarify, maybe I should re-phrase. How about the term "break out"? Yes, if he breaks out on a bad run D, he is still breaking out.

'02

Quote:Beasly hasnt been that good. Fowler will be better

Beasley has been good when I've watch him.

Fowler may be better but he's an unknown quantity. We must go pass rusher in the 15 FA and/or draft.

Not sure if Fowler will be much better in the general sense of pass rush. I doubt it actually. Fowler would probably show up in the run game more and stand out because of his motor and effort.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Beasley has been good. I've watched both Falcons game. He's already beat Jason Peters and Ereck Flowers several times. Very fast.
Shock the world

Quote:Beasley has been good when I've watch him.

Fowler may be better but he's an unknown quantity. We must go pass rusher in the 15 FA and/or draft.

There's no reason to doubt Fowler and the work put into drafting him. I'm confident he'll prove to be the LEO we've been looking for until I have reason to believe otherwise. If we want to pick up a 5th round DE (or a 2nd tier free agent) as insurance than fine, but there's no need to go crazy looking to replace our first round pick.

'02

I say sign Bruce Irvin in the offseason.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Beasley has A sack and 4 tackles in two games. Incredible numbers. Stud-like.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Yeldon had an uneven day in my opinion. There were definitely some plays to be made that he didn't see but I believe that he will begin to see things better as he continues to play, learn, and watch film. He also got a few extra yards on a few plays that he made on his own. I like what I see I just hope he keeps on improving. 

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

FROM ROTOWORLD:

The Jaguars wanted to run the ball more against New England, but they couldn't stop the Patriots from scoring and had to abandon the run in a game they eventually lost by 34 points. Anytime the Jaguars are even remotely close, they're going to lean on Yeldon since Blake Bortles continues to look like a lost cause as an NFL starter. Unfortunately, Yeldon will be slamming into loaded boxes. Continue to treat him as a mid-to-low RB2 next week in Indianapolis.

Yeldon is a back I want to see for the entire season before saying too much.

Clearly the O-Line needs to open more lanes for him

I do wish he had more explosiveness however

I am still hoping to see Corey Grant get more runs, that big run against the Redskins was exciting.

Quote:I am still hoping to see Corey Grant get more runs, that big run against the Redskins was exciting.
I would like to see more of Grant too

Quote:...Anytime the Jaguars are even remotely close, they're going to lean on Yeldon since Blake Bortles continues to look like a lost cause as an NFL starter.

I'm convinced rotoworld concludes as much from reading this board and all the unjustified rants against Bortles as opposed to actually watching the game.

'02

Could be as I thought it was a bit harsh of a review as well.

I mean Blake Bortles is only in his 2nd year.

According to their link below he would be above the average QB yet way below the best QB. (with the exception of week 1's performance against the Panthers).

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9320/blake-bortles

I know his late yards and scores were in garbage time, however, the Patriots under Belichick are not a team that lightens up just because they have the game in checkmate. Those were still well deserved stats. Week one Blake was playing somewhat shaky and the receivers were dropping passes, etc, but since then they've tightened up and are playing better despite what all the naysayers on this board would have you believe. Their game should only get better with Julius Thomas returning, but look at consider Blake's numbers just over the past two weeks, which btw are better than Mariota's over the same period...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">2015, weeks two and three combined

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles: 2 starts (1W, 1L), 35 of 66 (53%) for 515 yards (7.8 YPA),  4 TDs and 1 INT for a 92.7 qb rating,
 sacked twice for a loss of 6 yards, 5 carries for 34 yards (6.8 ypc) with 1 fumble, 0 lost.

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 04:20 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:I know his late yards and scores were in garbage time, however, the Patriots under Belichick are not a team that lightens up just because they have the game in checkmate. Those were still well deserved stats. Week one Blake was playing somewhat shaky and the receivers were dropping passes, etc, but since then they've tightened up and are playing better despite what all the naysayers on this board would have you believe. Their game should only get better with Julius Thomas returning, but look at consider Blake's numbers just over the past two weeks, which btw are better than Mariota's over the same period...

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">2015, weeks two and three combined

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles: 2 starts (1W, 1L), 35 of 66 (53%) for 515 yards (7.8 YPA), 4 TDs and 1 INT for a 92.7 qb rating,
sacked twice for a loss of 6 yards, 5 carries for 34 yards (6.8 ypc) with 1 fumble, 0 lost.
I think if you add in the drops and the near misses (like the long sideline pass to A rob where he caught it but got shoved out of bounds before he got both feet down) it only goes to prove your point that Bortles is definitely showing signs of improvement.

It seems to me that we keep abandoning the run because the game gets out-of-hand...

Perhaps we should work on not getting blown out so Yeldon may have enough opportunities to make plays too.

We need to get creative with the play-calling because running into a 9 man box is not going to get us anywhere. Screens, double moves, quick slants, etc... Obviously the coaches know how to approach game situations but to the fan, it doesn't seem like it.

Quote:It seems to me that we keep abandoning the run because the game gets out-of-hand...

Perhaps we should work on not getting blown out so Yeldon may have enough opportunities to make plays too.

We need to get creative with the play-calling because running into a 9 man box is not going to get us anywhere. Screens, double moves, quick slants, etc... Obviously the coaches know how to approach game situations but to the fan, it doesn't seem like it.

I hear you loud and clear.
I'm still encouraged how Yeldon will sneak through the thinnest of holes. The concern is not so much for him as it is an overall lack of run blocking. I'm hoping as we move foward against some teams not quite as stout vs the run that some holes will open up. Give Yeldon just a little space and I truly believe he'll prove to be a dangerous RB. If we can control games on the ground it will keep opposing offenses off the field allowing us to keep the score close so we don't have to abandon the run.

<strong>BTW, I apologize for going off on a tangent about Bortles when there are other threads for that. This thread should be about Yeldon. As a mod I should know better and set a better example.
</strong>

'02