Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon grading out well

Quote:I hear you loud and clear.
I'm still encouraged how Yeldon will sneak through the thinnest of holes. The concern is not so much for him as it is an overall lack of run blocking. I'm hoping as we move foward against some teams not quite as stout vs the run that some holes will open up. Give Yeldon just a little space and I truly believe he'll prove to be a dangerous RB. If the Jaguars can control games on the ground it will keep opposing offenses off the field allowing them to keep the score close so they don't have to abandon the run.

<strong>BTW, I apologize for going off on a tangent about Bortles when there are other threads for that. This thread should be about Yeldon. As a mod I should know better and set a better example.</strong>
I agree completely. Yeldon has shown Fred Taylor-esque elusiveness with the limited reps he has received. Ball control, and therefore game-control, is paramount. We have a come a long way in improving the pass blocking, based on the three games we have played this season, I also concur with the notion that our run blocking HAS to get better.

I have a question though, and someone here may know this. 

What is our identity on offense? Are we a ground-and-pound team? Establish the run and set up the pass? Aerial attack (least likely of all)? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree completely. Yeldon has shown Fred Taylor-esque elusiveness with the limited reps he has received. Ball control, and therefore game-control, is paramount. We have a come a long way in improving the pass blocking, based on the three games we have played this season, I also concur with the notion that our run blocking HAS to get better.

I have a question though, and someone here may know this. 

What is our identity on offense? Are we a ground-and-pound team? Establish the run and set up the pass? Aerial attack (least likely of all)? 

I believe Olson wants to establish the run to set up the pass, but in failing to do early we've had to employ more of an aerial offense complete with bubble screens, etc. I feel like the run game will become a greater part of the offense as we move forward, but until it's clicking I feel like Olson has a good grasp of what the team must do in order to move the ball downfield.

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 05:34 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Haven't you heard? these rankings are useless

I think everyone knows that and makes stuff up just to have an argument. It is impossible to watch any of Green Bay's five touchdown drives  against the Chiefs and give Rodgers a negative rating. No PFF analysts have the name Jake Olson, who has a perfect view of what power rankings mean and how important individual football statistics are (In other words, nothing.)

I was watching highlights of the Miami game to try to wash my brain from the Patriots game, and loved how he simply juked back & jumped over his own guy whom fell in front of him and continued on like it was nothing.

Sure he doesnt have Corey Grant's speed or big burst gain potential but he's a good steady reliable workhorse .. he just needs more exp in the NFL (hopefully he'll get better as the season continues & Bortles passing improves)!

Quote:I say sign Bruce Irvin in the offseason.

I say trade for him now

After three weeks the Colts are ranked 20th against the run and the Bucs are ranked 30th, so maybe the Jaguars will start to get some relief against the run with Yeldon actually having holes as opposed to having to make them. As a comparison, the Jaguars are ranked 12th against the run.

BTW, I just noticed that Poz is currently ranked #1 in the NFL in tackles with 34 according to nfl.com.

'02

Quote:He's the 3rd highest rated RB through 2 weeks in PFF's rankings, grading out well in both rushing and pass pro. I hope we start using him more in the passing game as the season goes on.

[Image: Q1ulkhG.png]

He's also the second highest rated rookie behind Vic Beasley.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ng-week-3/

I feel like PFF's grade on his rushing is correct  even though he hasn't had a big game he's been creating a lot of yards in spite of the  O-Line. If we could get some more holes opened for him I think he's primed for a 100+ yard rushing game. I've also noticed he's very good in pass pro. I've seen him stone wall a lot of blitzes and free rushers. That's very rare for a rookie to be as good in pass pro as he is.

I think PFF had him as the 2nd highest graded Rookie this year. 

I mean depends on how you view PFFs rating system, as many claim they are off & biased.

I think you have to consider the lack of passing game, and playing thru injuries on reviewing his game play.

Yeldon is not better then Deangelo Williams. Statistics only matter to the people creating them.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:What is our identity on offense? Are we a ground-and-pound team? Establish the run and set up the pass? Aerial attack (least likely of all)?

I believe this offense is wanting to look like the Giants under Gilbride. Establish the run and take shots down the field. They're taking shots down the field now but the run game must improve.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"