Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At Wide Receiver....

Look, Sunday showed me two things......

1. Allen Robinson can be good, might even be great one day.

And....

2. We need a true vet possesion WR.

Now, alot of you guys may not agree with me, but the drops Sunday were horrible. We have the best WR coach of all time but he cant teach hands. I think an on the field coach would be awesome. I know there are some vet WRs out there that dont mind coming in and shoring up the WR corps.

Getting a vet in here that other teams know that he will catch the ball, might draw more attention away from AR15. In that right, it furthers his development. Its just one man's opinion.

Any ideas?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Go with what we have...   no need to tinker because it could take reps away from the young guys.  We need the young guys to improve on the field.

Last year I was banging on the CBA changes favoring established teams and this year I will circle back to that point.  The offseason is super regulated and controlled.  The changes to the rookie pay scale and the amount of practice time have really hurt a teams youth movement.  It does make the Jaguars blow it up move all that more risky and tough to "coach them up".

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Go with what we have...   no need to tinker because it could take reps away from the young guys.  We need the young guys to improve on the field.

Last year I was banging on the CBA changes favoring established teams and this year I will circle back to that point.  The offseason is super regulated and controlled.  The changes to the rookie pay scale and the amount of practice time have really hurt a teams youth movement.  It does make the Jaguars blow it up move all that more risky and tough to "coach them up".

I feel you on that. But when you bring in stability with a proven vet, it helps all around.

#iamlegend

Quote:I feel you on that. But when you bring in stability with a proven vet, it helps all around.

How is bringing in a new player, stability?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I think we should sign an unemployed has-been whose name I recognize

;

;

Quote:How is bringing in a new player, stability?

Ask Rashad Greene?

#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 09:28 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Ask Rashad Greene?

Too bad we didn't sign Greg Jennings. His drop Sunday was a veteran drop.

;

;

I'm not even sure what that's even supposed to mean...

So veteran WRs that can get open and don't drop the ball are just sitting out there waiting for someone to write them a check.

Just like there are Nigerian princes just waiting for you to write them a check also.

Quote:Just like there are Nigerian princes just waiting for you to write them a check also.

Wait....there aren't?

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 12:46 PM by TrueFan.)

As one who places high value on veteran experience, I am happy at WR.  Hurns and AR-15 are both playmakers.  Julius Thomas should be able to provide the leadership the receiving corps needs for in-game 'watch how it's done'.

I'd rather replace the other TE..

Pretty sure Rashad Greene would say "Please don't cut me to make room for a washed-up veteran."

I don't see the need for any such vet. Hurns is improving quickly into such a player, and Greene will be fine... rookie jitters. If the Jagaurs need anything, it's a superstar #1 WR like Julio Jones, although ARob sure played that part against the Dolphins. That was one game though.

'02

Hey bro, you do realize that what you're asking is what would happen on a team that's 1-2 pieces away from making the super bowl. There's absolutely no reason to stunt Rashad Greene's growth right now when the team isn't even a playoff contender. I've seen you post for quite awhile now, and thought you were better than this. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

The one thing that creates a strong vet presense on a young team; experience. Instead of bringing someone else in to take away from the experience gained by our young players, we need to let them play; and even make mistakes if they happen. That's the only way for them to get better. We don't need to sign anyone else. The only way I'd say "let's do this" is if Julio Jones magically was released..... :\

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Learn by doing.

Here's what Bruce Campbell has to say about Experience... Link

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I coulda sworn that walker made the team. What happened there? 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Adding Julius Thomas to the mix will make the WR corps look that much better. Just wait.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Look, Sunday showed me two things......

1. Allen Robinson can be good, might even be great one day.

And....

2. We need a true vet possesion WR.

Now, alot of you guys may not agree with me, but the drops Sunday were horrible. We have the best WR coach of all time but he cant teach hands. I think an on the field coach would be awesome. I know there are some vet WRs out there that dont mind coming in and shoring up the WR corps.

Getting a vet in here that other teams know that he will catch the ball, might draw more attention away from AR15. In that right, it furthers his development. Its just one man's opinion.

Any ideas?

We targeted Greg Jennings after Cobb decided to go back to Green Bay. Based on what I saw from him Sunday, I'm not sure we need a veteran. We may just need the young guns to mature quickly.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:We targeted Greg Jennings after Cobb decided to go back to Green Bay. Based on what I saw from him Sunday, I'm not sure we need a veteran. We may just need the young guns to mature quickly.
No doubt. Our young receivers didn't play any better the year we had Torry Holt in.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"