Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Good, Bad, and the Ugly of week two.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 01:57 PM by Joe.)

I've always enjoyed these threads, so here we go.

Good;

Bortles

Robinson

Clutch plays from Lee

Oline

Poz

Skuta

Odrick

Bad:

Costly penalties.

Drops.

Marcedes.

Ugly;

Not really much I have to say here, maybe the drops from Rashad Greene, but he's a rookie and made up for it later. Lack of turnovers could go here too I guess, but all and all it wasn't a very ugly game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I've always enjoyed these threads, so here we go.

Good;

Bortles

Robinson

Oline

Poz

Skuta

Odrick

Bad:

Costly penalties.

Drops.

Marcedes.

Ugly;

Not really much I have to say here, maybe the drops from Rashad Greene, but he's a rookie and made up for it later. Lack of turnovers could go here too I guess, but all and all it wasn't a very ugly game.

I would put the consecutive 3 and outs in the 2nd half under ugly. Gotta find a way to extend those drives. Defense did an excellent job - they had to have been gassed being on the field nonstop.

Quote:I would put the consecutive 3 and outs in the 2nd half under ugly. Gotta find a way to extend those drives. Defense did an excellent job - they had to have been gassed being on the field nonstop.
Right, completely forgot about that.

It's funny to me how Rashad Greene earns a reputation at FSU of never dropping a ball, but his hands are inconsistent as it gets by NFL standards.  You would think catchin a ball is catching a ball.  It's more mental than anything I guess.

GOOD Myers 5 for 5 and game winning field goal

Ugly - Our white uniforms. Lets rock that teal or black... I'm tired of white!

With you on the good and bad. 

The ugly for me?

Too many damn opposing team fans at the stadium.  That [BLEEP] is getting ridiculous. 

I would put Gus' continuous awful challenges costing us critical timeouts as a "Bad". We got away with it yesterday, but it is a recurring problem with him.

Also, think clock mgmt and play calling at the end of the second quarter was poor which could have resulted in points from a good team.

Quote:I would put Gus' continuous awful challenges costing us critical timeouts as a "Bad". We got away with it yesterday, but it is a recurring problem with him.

Also, think clock mgmt and play calling at the end of the second quarter was poor which could have resulted in points from a good team.

being aggresive before the half is part of the reason we won.  risky? yes.  

Quote:With you on the good and bad. 

The ugly for me?

Too many damn opposing team fans at the stadium.  That [BAD WORD REMOVED] is getting ridiculous. 
When we start winning those fans/tickets will be less and less as Jags fans will begin to purchase those tickets 

Joe, how could you not put Tyson Alualu in your good column?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

gotta love the visitors

without them we may have lost this franchise

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 02:25 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Joe, how could you not put Tyson Alualu in your good column?
Because he played bad? He had a costly roughing the passer penalty and took horrible angles all game. One play that I remember was the first play after the half, it was comical. On that jumbo package he also got destroyed as the fullback, also comical.

I know, I know, he had a reception. Remember when people said he was a good player because 5 techs don't make big plays? Tell that to Jared Odrick.

Btw why do you only post in this section of the board when you want to bring up Alualu to me? Are yall dating or something?

Quote:gotta love the visitors

without them we may have lost this franchise
Harsh... But fair.

Quote:I would put Gus' continuous awful challenges costing us critical timeouts as a "Bad". We got away with it yesterday, but it is a recurring problem with him.

I don't know if its just Gus challenging the play. He talks to the booth and the players and makes the final decision based on what they're saying. 

UGLY --- The 1st Quarter Fade Route in the end zone.

Can someone please rip that page out of the playbook !!!

The Bad --- 2nd half scoring.    3 points total in the 2nd half this year

The Good - Defense, Oline, mixing up the play calls in the 1st half.   Production from our PSU alums.

I think that was a hail mary by Gus.

IF he wins it, we have perfect field position. If he loses it, we still have 2 TOs....

had we needed the extra TO it would have mattered... it didn't...

I like the aggressiveness of the coach. He doesn't just preach it.

As the offense progresses I expect him to go for it on 4th down a lot, and possibly going for 2 after TDs.

We shouldn't harp on a young coach entering his 3rd season. He'll have growing pains like the team will. But how amazing of a thing to watch a first time GM, first time HC, young completely rebuilt roster... if all goes well it's something not many football fans get to witness with their franchises...

Quote:I don't know if its just Gus challenging the play. He talks to the booth and the players and makes the final decision based on what they're saying. 

The "challenge" was questionable at best. But regardless of what the booth (or whoever) tells Gus, he still makes the call. At best we get the ball in the 30 yard line. The good coaches usually don't risk a timeout like that when the review is questionable, much more so when its only field position and not a turnover or a big play that is attempting to be overturned

Quote:The "challenge" was questionable at best. But regardless of what the booth (or whoever) tells Gus, he still makes the call. At best we get the ball in the 30 yard line. The good coaches usually don't risk a timeout like that when the review is questionable, much more so when its only field position and not a turnover or a big play that is attempting to be overturned
Meh, "all's well that ends well"

Quote:I don't know if its just Gus challenging the play. He talks to the booth and the players and makes the final decision based on what they're saying. 
Gus makes final decision but you are right gets info from staff on headphones and from players