Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Good, Bad, and the Ugly of week two.

Good

Bortles over 200 yds, the drive at the end and no ints

ARob in possibly his best game for us

Yeldon

OLine (including Sam Young)

Poz (again !)

Odrick dominating Miami's LT

Skuta pass rushing

Myers 58 yarder and the winner

Bad

Bad drops (again)

Silly challenge

Over running on the play clock (requiring a TO)

Why don't we throw to our Tight Ends ?

Ugly

Penalties given away by the Dolphins. I would be furious if I was a Miami fan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:With you on the good and bad.

The ugly for me?

Too many damn opposing team fans at the stadium. That [BAD WORD REMOVED] is getting ridiculous.

They're a Florida team. It happens. We'll be invading Tampa in a few weeks as well. They can deal with it.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Good

Yeldon

2.8 yards per carry --- i'd be reluctant to place the performance in the "good" category unless we're focusing on being able to carry the workload with his 25 rushing attempts

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 07:49 AM by Deacon.)

Good:

Getting production out of the Run game when it was needed. Granted, I would have liked to have seen Yeldon rip off some longer runs but I loved how productive they were in the Fourth. To me, running just to run isn't the point, getting yards when you need them is.

Bortles in the pocket. He simply looked comfortable there and I never got the feeling that he was lost. Now, having Allen Robinson have the kind of day early on that he had most definitely helped him, but still. It looked good to me.

Gameplanning. I really felt like Olsen and staff pencil-whipped Miami yesterday. Seemed like they had dialed in on what they could do versus what Miami could stop.

Preparation / Practice-time coaching. When you're facing Jarvis Landry and Rishard Matthews with your fourth and fifth string DBs and come away with a stop to end the game, that says something to the coaching staff getting the players prepared. DeWayne Walker had his group as prepared as you could want, from my point of view.

Marqise Lee. Now, I'm a Marqise Lee fan because I feel like he has a skill set that no one else on the roster has. He didn't produce a lot, but when he did it was really good to see. The Offense needs that guy on the field threatening the Defense.

Offensive Line. While it's an obvious statement I'll make it anyway; without their performance yesterday, the team doesn't get the win.

Defensive Line. I'm a big Odrick and Skuta fan.

Bad:

Penalties. I don't have the exact number but it just felt like the team committed a bunch of them yesterday. Gotta cut down on those to give yourself a shot.

Lack of explosive runs. While maybe it wasn't "bad" per se, it makes things so much easier on the team if the running game can tear off a few 15+ yard plays. Maybe it will come in time, but as of now it's a weakness.

Outside Leverage by the DBs. This is probably unique to me, but it just seems like the entire Defensive secondary is aligned to give up the middle of the field. Makes me nervous.

Gambling and losing. I get why Gus went for the challenge, but I would have liked it to be a higher percentage risk. There was no one in the building who thought Gus was going to win that one.

Ugly:

Drops. Come on fellas. You gotta get that fixed. PRONTO.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Because he played bad? He had a costly roughing the passer penalty and took horrible angles all game. One play that I remember was the first play after the half, it was comical. On that jumbo package he also got destroyed as the fullback, also comical.

I know, I know, he had a reception. Remember when people said he was a good player because 5 techs don't make big plays? Tell that to Jared Odrick.

Btw why do you only post in this section of the board when you want to bring up Alualu to me? Are yall dating or something?

Ok, the bad column then?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It's funny to me how Rashad Greene earns a reputation at FSU of never dropping a ball, but his hands are inconsistent as it gets by NFL standards.  You would think catchin a ball is catching a ball.  It's more mental than anything I guess.

FSU. More mental.

Shoe fits
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:2.8 yards per carry --- i'd be reluctant to place the performance in the "good" category unless we're focusing on being able to carry the workload with his 25 rushing attempts
I'm not terribly concerned about the YPC average yesterday.  He was clutch in getting tough yards at a point in the game when we needed them.  The YPC average suffered because we were continuing to try to run the ball for most of the game.  We were trying to pound Miami to soften things up.  It took most of the second half, but Miami started to wither at the right time thanks in part to his efforts.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Ok, the bad column then?
I forgot.

Quote:With you on the good and bad. 

The ugly for me?

Too many damn opposing team fans at the stadium.  That [BAD WORD REMOVED] is getting ridiculous.

Hate it as well when there are a lot of opposing fans.

But.... It's sooooo nice when they come in cocky and trash talking and leave with their tails...or fins...between their legs.

Definite major schadenfreude for me.
Blakes Life Matters

I had Dolphin fans sitting behind me who were particularly vocal, especially when the 2nd half started. 

They got awfully quiet after the 3 and outs started piling up.

When the Jags got the ball on the last drive, they were sitting on their hands stone silent.

Credit to them, they stayed to the end unlike about 60% of the Dolphin fans.  They only caught minor grief.

Kudos to Jaguar fans for actually STAYING for the entire game for a change.  You can usually count on an exodus at the start of the 4th quarter whether the team is still in the game or not.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:When we start winning those fans/tickets will be less and less as Jags fans will begin to purchase those tickets

Unless it is hot,cold,rainy,cloudy or wind blowing over 10 mph

additions:

The good... Meyers (nice rebound from the previous week)

The bad... no interceptions by the Jags D (Phin receivers were constantly open)

The ugly... the drops again (I know its already said, but it was bad)

Quote:Good

Bortles over 200 yds, the drive at the end and no ints

ARob in possibly his best game for us

Yeldon

OLine (including Sam Young)

Poz (again !)

Odrick dominating Miami's LT

Skuta pass rushing

Myers 58 yarder and the winner

Bad

Bad drops (again)

Silly challenge

Over running on the play clock (requiring a TO)
Why don't we throw to our Tight Ends ?

Ugly

Penalties given away by the Dolphins. I would be furious if I was a Miami fan.
We did throw one to Lewis... and he promptly dropped it. Need I say more?

Quote:I had Dolphin fans sitting behind me who were particularly vocal, especially when the 2nd half started.

They got awfully quiet after the 3 and outs started piling up.

When the Jags got the ball on the last drive, they were sitting on their hands stone silent.

Credit to them, they stayed to the end unlike about 60% of the Dolphin fans. They only caught minor grief.

Kudos to Jaguar fans for actually STAYING for the entire game for a change. You can usually count on an exodus at the start of the 4th quarter whether the team is still in the game or not.

It sounded deafening on tv during the drive and the subsequent defensive stand!! What an absolutely great game.

Quote:It sounded deafening on tv during the drive and the subsequent defensive stand!! What an absolutely great game.

On TV it sounded impressive. You could tell it was a crowd of people hungry for a win.

- Bob Marley

Good - We won.

Bad - Some supposed "fans" on this message board.

Ugly - Refer to the Bad.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Joe, how could you not put Tyson Alualu in your good column?

Because maybe he didnt play good?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 06:17 PM by StitchJones.)

GOOD:

Bortles going down field with the ball instead of screens.

Bortles moving with the pocket to avoid getting sacked.

A Rob, Hurns, and Lee making good catches.

The defense getting tough in the clutch minutes of the fourth quarter.

A game winning field goal during the last moments of the game by one of last weeks goats.

Yeldon not going out with an injury.

Smiles all around...

BAD:

Running our rookie halfback into the middle at the strength of the 'phins defense... over and over.

No touchdowns in the second half.

Extremely predictable calls when Yeldon lines up in the I formation.

the UGLY:

the drops... again.

no pressure on the 'phins quarterback until near the end of the fourth quarter!

very unimaginative run play calls are also very easily defended.

someone needs to help Gus know when to challenge and when not to...

stupid penalties... good grief. No blocking in the back, no hands to the face, no roughing the passer, no holding (unless you're in love, that is...), a lot of needless penalties in that game. We're not good enough to get away with that very often. 

Quote:They're a Florida team. It happens. We'll be invading Tampa in a few weeks as well. They can deal with it.

Its not just florid teams that load our stadium up with their fans.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 06:45 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Because maybe he didnt play good?

If you're listening to Jaguars Monday right now, are Boselli and Prisco making your head explode?

I agree with them, his good far outweighed his bad yesterday.

- Bob Marley