Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Current Players that should be extended before this season begins

Jaguars are obviously in a great position related to the Salary Cap but still need to be 10 million under the cap AFTER free agency, the draft and re-signing these three key players ;

Telvin Smith, Branden Linder and Allen Robinson.

Do you agree on these three ? Are there any others ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I also thought Patrick Omaneh did a pretty good job last year and would like to see him resigned at about 1 million if that is possible.

Do you feel the same way as part of our need for OL depth ?

Do you give Lee a new contract or make him have another solid year?

Quote:Do you give Lee a new contract or make him have another solid year?

Based on Hurns have to wait.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Do you give Lee a new contract or make him have another solid year?

If he would sign for Hurns' deal I'd give it to him. I will be harder to sign him if he has another big good year. Especially if there is uncertainty at QB.

Quote:If he would sign for Hurns' deal I'd give it to him. I will be harder to sign him if he has another big good year. Especially if there is uncertainty at QB.

Yea, so he dissapears too?

#Gojags

Quote:Based on Hurns have to wait.

I would make it one more year.

How could y'all forget about Bortles? That's a must! S*P*R*I*N*K*L*E*S anyone?

In all seriousness though, Telvin, Linder, and ARob I think I definitely would. Even though ARob wasn't his 2015 self this past year and he turned into whinefest 2016 a lot, we know he has the talent. But Telvin would be my #1 gotta-get-done deal!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Telvin..Telvin..Telvin...

Quote:Telvin..Telvin..Telvin...
Smith deserves it.  By far our best defender. 

#Gojags

Quote:How could y'all forget about Bortles? That's a must! S*P*R*I*N*K*L*E*S anyone?

In all seriousness though, Telvin, Linder, and ARob I think I definitely would. Even though ARob wasn't his 2015 self this past year and he turned into whinefest 2016 a lot, we know he has the talent. But Telvin would be my #1 gotta-get-done deal!
We just better not give A Rob WR1 money...he deserves WR3 money at this point.

And I'd like us to keep Cyp at a decent price.  We have too many holes to fill without letting starters walk.

Quote:Smith deserves it. By far our best defender.

Ramsey

Quote:Ramsey
I will disagree.  Due to amount of playing time.   Smith has been around longer.  And solid since day was drafted. 

#Gojags

Quote:I will disagree.  Due to amount of playing time.   Smith has been around longer.  And solid since day was drafted. 
That is not anything against Ramsey. 

#Gojags

Telvin should get one.

A Rob will be interesting.

Quote:A Rob will be interesting.
If he were a pending FA right now, I'd personally consider letting him walk. His attitude, along with his play, were serious red flags in my eyes. If he can't get back to 2015 levels, I wouldn't even give him Hurns money as he would likely fall to 3rd on the depth chart behind a healthy Hurns/Lee. 

Quote:If he were a pending FA right now, I'd personally consider letting him walk. His attitude, along with his play, were serious red flags in my eyes. If he can't get back to 2015 levels, I wouldn't even give him Hurns money as he would likely fall to 3rd on the depth chart behind a healthy Hurns/Lee. 
I am not ready to write off AR15 just yet. 

#Gojags

Quote:I am not ready to write off AR15 just yet. 
That's pretty ironic seeing how impulsive you are with Bortles.

He must have a thing with a someone you know…?

Quote:If he were a pending FA right now, I'd personally consider letting him walk. His attitude, along with his play, were serious red flags in my eyes. If he can't get back to 2015 levels, I wouldn't even give him Hurns money as he would likely fall to 3rd on the depth chart behind a healthy Hurns/Lee. 
His attitude was the most concerning thing for me - and if his lackluster play along with the crappy attitude persists, I wouldn't hesitate to let him walk. 

The whole Jerry Porter, Hugh Douglas, Aaron Ross, Jared Odrick, etc, mindset is pretty toxic and I hope ARob doesn't let it get worse and show on the field again...