Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Current Players that should be extended before this season begins

Quote:That's pretty ironic seeing how impulsive you are with Bortles.

He must have a thing with a someone you know…?
To be perfectly honest.   My issue is not with Bortles per say.   Just,  do we want to risk another season on a could get better?   With no real competition there. In case he does not improve?   

I would feel a lot better.  As would many Jags fans.  With some sort of insurance policy in waiting.   Rather than, Bortles is the man.  And if he does not improve.   Oh well... There's the draft to fall back on. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To be perfectly honest.   My issue is not with Bortles per say.   Just,  do we want to risk another season on a could get better?   With no real competition there. In case he does not improve?   

I would feel a lot better.  As would many Jags fans.  With some sort of insurance policy in waiting.   Rather than, Bortles is the man.  And if he does not improve.   Oh well... There's the draft to fall back on. 
So by that token, you would have wanted to get rid of Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, etc, etc after their first two seasons. 

Mind you, Bortles threw for 35 TDs, 18 INTs and 4428 Yards in 2015. Last year, he threw for 23 TDs, 16 INTs and 3905 Yards. 

There was a clear regression, whether it was due to a midseason injury that the Jags never disclosed, or just that he fell victim to the sophomore slump - lets not act like we have a Gabbert in our hands again.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017, 02:10 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:So by that token, you would have wanted to get rid of Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, etc, etc after their first two seasons. 

Mind you, Bortles threw for 35 TDs, 18 INTs and 4428 Yards in 2015. Last year, he threw for 23 TDs, 16 INTs and 3905 Yards. 

There was a clear regression, whether it was due to a midseason injury that the Jags never disclosed, or just that he fell victim to the sophomore slump - lets not act like we have a Gabbert in our hands again.
I am well aware of the numbers.   But in that case,.  Yes I would in fact want an insurance policy for any of the above.   Because the stats have not turned into wins.  And during clutch time.  We have lost.  

Now it could very well be account of our oline or lack of running game.   However I believe we are in win now mode.   And has to be some sort of insurance policy.   Other than chad henne.  

I believe the fans should have another option just in case.  Many of us are sick of our season be started at FA and Draft.   We can only go top 10 for so long.

And if we don't improve.   At some point Khan would be forced to clean house and start from scratch again. 

In today's nfl.  Have to have a qb that can win.    9,000 yards passing will not matter.   If can't win at least 6 games  to show signs of improvement.   Unfortunately Blake is 11 wins and 34 losses.  

Any way you slice that is not good.  And no reason to not have an insurance policy in waiting.   

And you are right he is not Blaine.  But his record is not much better as well. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

No way should Robinson get an extension yet. He played like crap most of last year so why should that be rewarded? Telvin obviously needs to be locked down asap. 

We know what crappy play at WR looks like and how long it took to get quality at that position. He is still one of the Jags' best offensive players. Don't know about an extension right away, but the idea of him not been needed/trade worthy as some expressed is lunacy.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

You guys.... some of you man.

Robinson sucks now? Really?

Linder is the one you absolutely must extend.

Telvin you should extend as well because his play on the field suggests he deserves it, however, he is a tad light for some schemes where there's a chance the Jaguars may want to go a different direction down the road kind of like they're doing with Beachum who was likewise too light for what they want to do.

ARob had a rough learning season last year as dbs became more physical with him, but he fought through it and started looking like himself late in the year. The man possesses elite athleticism and exceptional hands making for a tremendous downfield threat. For ARob's potential alone it's best to extend him now.

Lee might figure in the mix here as well, but it's like I need to see more.

'02

I haven't said that Robinson sucks, but if we extend him, it should be at WR2/3 money.  He had plenty of crucial drops (good throws off the hands in front of the chest) last year and did not play at WR1 level, period.  He really was a non-factor in most games.

Quote:I haven't said that Robinson sucks, but if we extend him, it should be at WR2/3 money.  He had plenty of crucial drops (good throws off the hands in front of the chest) last year and did not play at WR1 level, period.  He really was a non-factor in most games.

Define 'plenty of crucial drops'.  The one list I could find that actually includes him shows 3.  He's not even on the other 2 because it stops at 4.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/lea...L&rank=232

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?seaso...ortOrder=0
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Rico...fair enough, maybe the drops were at crucial times so they stand out in my mind (drive killers).  Regardless, he was not a special player last year.

I wouldn't say that ARob sucked last year, but his attitude definitely did.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.