Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cubs Fans....

Quote:I id the same thing as a kid. I can even remember when it was a huge deal for the team to play a night game at Wrigley.

For sure. 8/8/88

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NL playoffs should be interesting with the Mets, Cards, Pirates, Cubs and Dodgers duking it out.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 05:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Oh for crying out loud, I'm a lifelong Cubs fan. Would it kill you to just acknowledge the Cubs are getting better and let me be excited about something for once? I pull for the Cubs, Jags and Purdue. Throw me a frickin' bone here and humor me.

You're right dude.  Nobody in their right mind wants to face the Cubs in the Post Season.  I haven't seen a team loaded like that since the 1976 Reds -- the Big Red Machine  :thumbsup:

I do not want to see them lop off 20 games and add teams to the playoffs. In fact, I want to see it go back to single divisions in the NL and AL and the two winners go to the WS.

Yes, and here's why. Back when we had an American League and National League only when the two teams, after 162 games rose to the top they played in the World Series. Not the two teams who were hottest during the 7 game playoff series. They play 162 games a season because the teams who hit the best, run out ground balls, dive for fly balls, hit and run, bunt runners over, et. al. , those teams who do the little things day in day out to scratch out a victory will rise to the top. Those are the teams, at the end of the season, who earned their way to the World Series.

During that time, the entire month of September was playoff atmosphere. It was like today's playoffs on steroids. Everybody is playing each other. Every game counts in the race to the pennant. Just like now, every game is critical in the playoffs. But back then it was playoff frenzy for the entire month of September.

But for money, the game has gone to this to keep more teams in the hunt for TV coverage and commercial sales. Please, don't put more teams in the playoffs, it would only dilute the importance of the regular season.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I don't know if you realize this but.........

The Original Back to The Future predicted that the cubs would win the 2015 World Series

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:I don't know if you realize this but.........

The Original Back to The Future predicted that the cubs would win the 2015 World Series

Enter Twilight Zone music here...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The Oct.22nd 2015 USA Today

[Image: Cubs_zpsokv6fgsj.jpg]

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:The Oct.22nd 2015 USA Today

[Image: Cubs_zpsokv6fgsj.jpg]

Look at it closely: "Cubs Sweep Series In 5"

Very interesting indeed.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:NL playoffs should be interesting with the Mets, Cards, Pirates, Cubs and Dodgers duking it out.
Why?

[Image: jaguars_logo_small.gif]

I became a big Joe Maddon fan when he was with Tampa. I knew good things would happen when he went to the Cubs.

Quote:Why?

Wow, excellent contribution to the board! Thanks for posting.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Why?

Because

Quote:You're right dude.  Nobody in their right mind wants to face the Cubs in the Post Season.  I haven't seen a team loaded like that since the 1976 Reds -- the Big Red Machine  :thumbsup:

How prophetic was that ?  I wasn't being sarcastic.  Really ..... Really .... I really meant that.

That was when Don Zimmer was their manager and Harry Carey's heydey. For the most part, they have been pretty mediocre since then.

Quote:That was when Don Zimmer was their manager and Harry Carey's heydey. For the most part, they have been pretty mediocre since then.

Bucharest, Romania?  I just did a google map tour -- looks very nice !!