Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Intresting point by ESPN on possibly franchising Prince Amukamara

Might as well utilize it for something while we have the cap space. I agree with the move completely. We don't have much help outside of Ramsey. Amukamara was plenty decent last year and then after him we're left with Colvin.

That's basically all we have. The rest of the depth is shaky. And, as much as I'd like to see us land a Myles Garret or Johnathan Allen. I'd be just as excited about seeing Lattimore's name come up as our selection. You draft him and you pair him up with Ramsey? That instantly makes this secondary potentially a top ten unit in the NFL and top five in the AFC. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nickel :Josh Johnson

Colvin backup : Josh Johnson, rookie, another fa cb..

Ramsey backupBig Grinavon House, rookie, fa cb..

Its really not much to discuss... Common sense can basically tell you, not to overpay for a guy who gives avg production...

Lol... if we did, you'd be singing "in Couglin we trust!"

Tune would do a complete 180.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Might as well utilize it for something while we have the cap space. I agree with the move completely. We don't have much help outside of Ramsey. Amukamara was plenty decent last year and then after him we're left with Colvin.

That's basically all we have. The rest of the depth is shaky. And, as much as I'd like to see us land a Myles Garret or Johnathan Allen. I'd be just as excited about seeing Lattimore's name come up as our selection. You draft him and you pair him up with Ramsey? That instantly makes this secondary potentially a top ten unit in the NFL and top five in the AFC. 

If we pick a CB at #4 I want Marshon Lattimore. Unfortunately the 49ers might want him.

Quote:Prince is nowhere near the value of the franchise tag imo. Not even close, especially considering there's guys better than him on the FA market and there's supposedly a "deep crop" of secondary talent in this year's draft.

Now, if you plan on signing Stephon Gilmore, drafting Marshon Lattimore, and then franchising Prince for good measure, count me the frig in. But I don't like the idea of franchising Amuky because we can't replace him. That's rubbish.

Thats not what they are saying, you franchise him so you dont lose him not cuz you cant replace him, if you lose him and then strike out in FA on other top CBs, then your forced to draft a CB early now that another need is unnecessarily created on the roster.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 04:52 PM by nhiverson.)

I am hoping Jags go after Bouye from Texans.
No Fun

Quote:I am hoping Jags go after Bouye from Texans.

This. I keep forgetting he's out there. And by all accounts the tinhors are letting him test the market. If we can get him we won't need Prince at all. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 05:20 PM by cland.)

Quote:This. I keep forgetting he's out there. And by all accounts the tinhors are letting him test the market. If we can get him we won't need Prince at all. 

This exactly. If you have the franchise tag money, why not bring in a FA that's worth that money.  To tag a JAG is a complete waste of money, without shopping that money around the market (almost certainly for a better CB.) There is no doubt that $14.3 million could bring in a much better player.

Quote:I am hoping Jags go after Bouye from Texans.

I read Bouye said he likes being a Texan because of O'Brien. Man I wish he would want to be with his former college QB.

Quote:I read Bouye said he likes being a Texan because of O'Brien. Man I wish he would want to be with his former college QB.

'Likes' and 14.3 million dollars are polar opposites.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 05:25 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:'Likes' and 14.3 million dollars are polar opposites.

You might want to think about all the players who take hometown discounts because they like their coaches, are comfortable in the system, etc.

Don't like the idea of tagging Prince, I think we can get a deal done.

Quote:Prince is nowhere near the value of the franchise tag imo. Not even close, especially considering there's guys better than him on the FA market and there's supposedly a "deep crop" of secondary talent in this year's draft.

Now, if you plan on signing Stephon Gilmore, drafting Marshon Lattimore, and then franchising Prince for good measure, count me the frig in. But I don't like the idea of franchising Amuky because we can't replace him. That's rubbish.

I agree 100% but not for a dime over 7.5 million.

If we're spending 14 million on a corner next year it better not be Prince...

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 06:13 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

No one else is worth the tag. Do we tag cyp? The franchise tag is there. So dont lose valuable players.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:If we're spending 14 million on a corner next year it better not be Prince...

Here is an idea: Don't spend $14 million on a corner this year unless he is elite.

Quote:I am in agreement with you here for sure but there are some experts on this board that would complain about spending too much when we could do blah blah blah.
I would expect that tag to be a last resort, and very short term because at the end of the day I think the team wants to work out something long-term. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

$10 million a year puts him in the top-10. 

I say we put him top-15 at around $8 million. Cut House and give him the leftover. 

Quote:You might want to think about all the players who take hometown discounts because they like their coaches, are comfortable in the system, etc.

You really got to stop with the troll discount stuff. Like really.

So tag him to avoid losing him? I say we just match any offer he gets like what the browns did with Mack 2 yrs ago.. Didnt they somehow match our offer to keep him? Like a franchise light lol

I dont know much about the possible moves. He not worth 14 but i think hes worth 8-9

Quote:$10 million a year puts him in the top-10.

I say we put him top-15 at around $8 million. Cut House and give him the leftover.
This^

he was solid last year. We cant afford a hole at cb