Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Formal Inquiry: Because Jags

Speak now and claim your prize!

Who came up with this most genius intellectual property: #BecauseJaguars?

Any takes on how it came about?

It truly explains countless Jag related issues.

Proven winner gets patented and receive proceeds for its use. Impostors shall be banished.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 07:38 PM by Sosa.)

Its a known thing to say for teams that are bad, or have bad luck. It could be used for the Browns, Raiders, Bucs, Rams, etc...

There wasn't some person that randomly created the meme.

#because has been around as long as Twitter has. I doubt any one person had the idea independently of the rest of the Internet to append a "jaguars" to it.

Meme has been memeing for a long time.

Type it into the mb search engine and it went as far back to Oct 2014. I feel like I heard it before that but it was anchorman who said it in that case. But like others said the #because thing has been around for a while

Fair enough. So I have to go track who did #Because then? They get the dough. Not fun.

Getting close JagsorDie.

Surely #Because has been around

The first usage of #BecauseJaguars however is the object of this inquiry. Anchor in the lead...

XfilesJag really loves this one. Hahahaha
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Type it into the mb search engine and it went as far back to Oct 2014. I feel like I heard it before that but it was anchorman who said it in that case. But like others said the #because thing has been around for a while

It was around in 2012 on Twitter
;

;

This guy created it.

[Image: WtL33.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 08:44 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:This guy created it.

[Image: WtL33.jpg]
I remember when this happened.  It was right after the Alualu pick.  Mike Mayok said it about 30 seconds before the pick and just about everybody went [BLEEP]?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

His face says it perfectly.  Poor guy.  

Quote:Getting close JagsorDie.

Surely #Because has been around

The first usage of #BecauseJaguars however is the object of this inquiry. Anchor in the lead...

Yeah, I do remember saying #becausejaguars for a few years now...  I'd love to take the credit for it...  But to be honest, I'm only very creative when I'm very drunk...  And when I'm very drunk I tend to forget some of my greatest creative moments!!!   LOL

Quote:I remember when this happened.  It was right after the Alualu pick.  Mike Mayok said it about 30 seconds before the pick and just about everybody went [BAD WORD REMOVED]?

That guy is pretty much the epitome of this organization for the last decade or so...  It's sad, but hey, at least we got something, right?

Quote:I remember when this happened. It was right after the Alualu pick. Mike Mayok said it about 30 seconds before the pick and just about everybody went [BAD WORD REMOVED]?

Mayock said what?
;

;

Quote:Mayock said what?
"it" maybe lol

Quote:"it" maybe lol

Apparently
;

;

Quote:That guy is pretty much the epitome of this organization for the last decade or so...  It's sad, but hey, at least we got something, right?

Tyson Alualu truly summarizes everything wrong with this organization.

Quote:Apparently

Defin"it"ly

Quote:Tyson Alualu truly summarizes everything wrong with this organization.
and our third round gem from the draft 2 years later.

Fortunately the people who made mistakes that catastrophic are gone.