Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Formal Inquiry: Because Jags

Quote:That guy is pretty much the epitome of this organization for the last decade or so... It's sad, but hey, at least we got something, right?

I wonder if he knows he is famous on this board?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tyson Alualu truly summarizes everything wrong with this organization.
I think it's a combination of Alualu and Blackmon. Alualu is what happens when your GM puts all his chips in on the "nice guy, team leader, base hit" philosophy and lands a decidedly mediocre player with a top-ten pick. Blackmon is what happens when that same GM finally realizes that base hits in the top ten picks aren't going to keep him employed, so he throws caution to the wind and drafts a guy that everyone but Gene Smith and Jeff Fisher could tell was going to smoke and drink his way out of the NFL in two years flat.

Basically, Alualu gets you into the mess, and Blackmon makes it ten times worse.

It really does feel as if the Jaguars 1st Round picks are cursed or something.  I mean six great picks in franchise history, and the rest have been borderline garbage.  The last good pick was in 2002, (I like Monroe but he gets injured a lot and was traded away for Joeckel & Bortles has to prove himself this year & next a bit too early to tell).

It is almost certain to say that 2nd overall (and GM Dave Caldwell's first pick of his career in Jacksonville) LT Luke Joeckel is a bust, between his constant injuries and performance at both RT & LT.

Blake Bortles has a lot of potential and I like the pick but if you were looking solely at stats and wins he has shown not to be that good so far.

Fowler we might never know how good or bad he could be .....