Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to do at LT

No one wants to see more of Sam Young out there at LT.  Either have Blake roll to the right every time you want to pass the ball, or we're going to have to start trying new guys.  Give Bowanko a chance!  Could it really be much worse?

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is no way that Bowanko can be worse at left tackle than Sam Young was yesterday.

;

;

Start writing BB5's obituary for when we play the tinhorns.

Is Luke out for the season?

Put Alualu in at LT...can't hurt

Put Marcedes Lewis at LT.  He's their best blocker and he's a TE.

Quote:Put Marcedes Lewis at LT.  He's their best blocker and he's a TE.

Lord knows we don't throw to our TEs so might as well do something else with them ...

Do you mean you could actually do worse than Like Joeckel? Excuse me. Last time I saw a thread with his name on it he was garbage.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I heard during the game that it was "just" an ankle sprain for Luke. However, I don't know if he hurt it worse by throwing himself back out there.

No pain, no gain.

Looks like Joeckel is out for awhile and probably done in Jax.  I guess we'll be spending our 2016 top 3 pick on a boring LT to protect our precious Bortles.

Joeckel making sure he's on the injured list when he has to go up against a quality DE

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 09:39 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Looks like Joeckel is out for awhile and probably done in Jax. [/b] I guess we'll be spending our 2016 top 3 pick on a boring LT to protect our precious Bortles.

Who said anything about him being out for a while?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Who said anything about him being out for a while?

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...or-a-while

;

;

I had said in an earlier post to expect joeckel to 'conveniently' go down with an injury to get out of being exposed this season. Lo and behold... what happens. Now as it happens, I don't recall that Joeckel was actually doing all that bad until he went down. Now look what's in for him. I really fear for BB2 now because I have no confidence at all in Sam Young. He's just a big body out there.

That article is speculation. No where in there does it say he is out for a while. He has an ankle sprain and is due an MRI. If I had to guess, he'll be questionable for the next game.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:I had said in an earlier post to expect joeckel to 'conveniently' go down with an injury to get out of being exposed this season. Lo and behold... what happens. Now as it happens, I don't recall that Joeckel was actually doing all that bad until he went down. Now look what's in for him. I really fear for BB2 now because I have no confidence at all in Sam Young. He's just a big body out there.
I re-watched the 1st half and him specifically, he was not doing good by any means.

In the 1st Quarter alone, he:

lost his balance 1on1 and was beat, pressuring BB twice

needed/got help from the RB on a play

was beat to the inside and BB was pressured/rushed but it was a quick pass

We all know he's average and i didn't see one play where he did anything above the Xs and Os (take his man to the ground or drive him back a few yards)

It seems a decent amount of the scheming is to accommodate his inability to block (i.e. quick passes)

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 10:20 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:I heard during the game that it was "just" an ankle sprain for Luke. However, I don't know if he hurt it worse by throwing himself back out there.

Ankle sprains are pretty serious. I would say out at least 4-5 weeks.

The LT situation is the biggest concern for me.  Joeckel is a bust, as he is simply overmatched at this level.  Wells is on IR, the only real LT replacement in camp.  Sam Young is a big guy, but a turnstile that should be limited to guard.  I hope Caldwell can find a LT tree somewhere. 

Quote:The LT situation is the biggest concern for me.  Joeckel is a bust, as he is simply overmatched at this level.  Wells is on IR, the only real LT replacement in camp.  Sam Young is a big guy, but a turnstile that should be limited to guard.  I hope Caldwell can find a LT tree somewhere. 

Help is not on the way.  We'll just have to wait until Week 6 or whatever when Lee+Thomas+Joeckel+Marks are back and hope we don't suck.  It doesn't even matter how good Joeckel is, we only have worse options.