Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are We Who We Thought We Were?

That was not fun.

Ugly game throughout on both sides of the field, for both teams. Can't imagine anyone enjoyed that. It is fun to see the usually crowd dust off the "everybody involved sucks" threads that they have had typed out and saved for months. I imagine the inherent positivity of the offseason was making them sick. For the rest of us- the more reasonable and level-headed bunch, that game still sucked. Months and months of feverish anticipation going limp in the matter of a few quarters. I, like many, are very dissapointed. Xanax helps.

But was this one game or more? Was it an example the second youngest team in the league, making a few mistakes and leaving points on the field, and ultimately succumbing to a better team, or is it a foreshadowed microcosm of the season to come? I know many of you (think you) know the answer to that question but I don't.

So what was the broad, full season consensus about the team leading up to this season? 7-6, 8-8 record while "being in" most, if not all games, with wholesale signs of improvement? Seems like that was a pretty common sentiment in the weeks past. Now, did anything that happened today preclude us from seeing those changes this year? I don't think so.

I'm not happy about the loss. But I am not ready to piss and moan away the rest of the season while firing and cutting everyone involved with the team. I'm prepared to see a few games play out. And I realize that probably puts me in the minority.

Go out and beat Miami at home next week, watch the perpetually pessimistic mushrooms (because they are fun guys / rim shot / pats self on back) crawl back under their decomposing log, and we are back on pace for that 8-8, improved season. Not saying it's going to happen, but I am willing to wait and see.

There I said it. Now I will patiently wait to hear how stupid and naive I am.

(sips herbal tea)

(files freshly manicured, teal-painted fingernails)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That was not fun.

Ugly game throughout on both sides of the field, for both teams. Can't imagine anyone enjoyed that. It is fun to see the usually crowd dust off the "everybody involved sucks" threads that they have had typed out and saved for months. I imagine the inherent positivity of the offseason was making them sick. For the rest of us- the more reasonable and level-headed bunch, that game still sucked. Months and months of feverish anticipation going limp in the matter of a few quarters. I, like many, are very dissapointed. Xanax helps.

But was this one game or more? Was it an example the second youngest team in the league, making a few mistakes and leaving points on the field, and ultimately succumbing to a better team, or is it a foreshadowed microcosm of the season to come? I know many of you (think you) know the answer to that question but I don't.

So what was the broad, full season consensus about the team leading up to this season? 7-6, 8-8 record while "being in" most, if not all games, with wholesale signs of improvement? Seems like that was a pretty common sentiment in the weeks past. Now, did anything that happened today preclude us from seeing those changes this year? I don't think so.

I'm not happy about the loss. But I am not ready to [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moan away the rest of the season while firing and cutting everyone involved with the team. I'm prepared to see a few games play out. And I realize that probably puts me in the minority.

Go out and beat Miami at home next week, watch the perpetually pessimistic mushrooms (because they are fun guys / rim shot / pats self on back) crawl back under their decomposing log, and we are back on pace for that 8-8, improved season. Not saying it's going to happen, but I am willing to wait and see.

There I said it. Now I will patiently wait to hear how stupid and naive I am.

(sips herbal tea)

(files freshly manicured, teal-painted fingernails)

Are you a chick?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Are you a chick?

No. What would make you think that?

@wingerdinger - What's wrong with being a chick?

Don't think anyone on this message board wants the Jags to fail just so they can post negative comments. Everyone here is experiencing depression after that game and how our dreams were just crushed. We have 15 more games to go to see if Bortles is our QB, and if our coach is going to stay. And so far, its not looking good after the opener.

@ High Score.. you made sense so that is probably why he thought you were a "chick"

Quote:No. What would make you think that?
Getting defensive and saying you know you'll get bashed shows you're insecure about what you're saying.

I post and made topics all day and don't give a damn what people think. If they agree, that's great. If they don't, welp.

Quote:@ High Score.. you made sense so that is probably why he thought you were a "chick"
The Jags play like chicks.

Go out next week and beat Miami at home.

A lot easier said than done.

Quote:Go out next week and beat Miami at home.

A lot easier said than done.
Some people forget there are professional athletes on the other team that are hungry for more wins. They're not going to let the Jags stomp all over them and probably super confident cause they know we suck.

Quote:No. What would make you think that?

Herbal tea, manicured teal fingernails.. a hunch.. was about to ask for a pic..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Getting defensive and saying you know you'll get bashed shows you're insecure about what you're saying.

I post and made topics all day and don't give a damn what people think. If they agree, that's great. If they don't, welp.

I was joking, and I don't think that's what he was referring to.

Quote:Herbal tea, manicured teal fingernails.. a hunch.. was about to ask for a pic..
Maybe he's one of them dudes?

Quote:Don't think anyone on this message board wants the Jags to fail just so they can post negative comments.

You're new around here so I will excuse you for your naivety.

Quote:You're new around here so I will excuse you for your naivety.
Who are the people that have done this?

I never thought we were a team that would abandon the run while trailing just one score in the second half.  This is a passing offense that needs balance and play-action to help separate the receivers, atleast until Lee and Thomas are back on the field.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Meh I figured they were a 5-11 team so I guess they are who I thought they were lol

I don't think the story has been written yet. Its only week 1. If we're still winless and sucking as usual come the bye week I'll skip ahead in the line to the Modis building.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

What does this mean?

Directed to Sosa