Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are We Who We Thought We Were?

Quote:I don't think the story has been written yet. Its only week 1. If we're still winless and sucking as usual come the bye week I'll skip ahead in the line to the Modis building.

Except for it's more than one week.  It's the story of Gus since he's been here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: so I guess they are who I thought they were lol

But they certainly didn't let 'em (Panthers) off the hook today.

I would have been significantly happier with their performance if they ever even had 'em on a hook. Sad

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Except for it's more than one week. It's the story of Gus since he's been here.

That has nothing to do with right now. I think everyone in the building at 1 Everbank place knows what's at stake here. I'm sure Gus knows he's coaching for his job. He'll be judged by what he does or does not accomplish THIS season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Are we who we thought we were?  If you thought we were a poorly coached team (for the 3rd year running with Bradley) then yes.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 12:24 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:That has nothing to do with right now. I think everyone in the building at 1 Everbank place knows what's at stake here. I'm sure Gus knows he's coaching for his job. He'll be judged by what he does or does not accomplish THIS season.

But it does have everything to do with right now.

You can't dismiss two seasons of the same thing.

Until Bradley shows me he's improving and isn't the same old same old...those other games matter now.

Quote:But it does have everything to do with right now.

You can't dismiss two seasons of the same thing.

Until Bradley shows me he's improving and isn't the same old same old...those other games matter now.

Bradley doesn't have to show you anything. He works for Caldwell and Khan. Caldwell is already on record saying he's surprised Bradley was able to win 7 games with the roster he stuck him with. This season is when the grading starts.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Can't wait to show London how well Jax can football..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Bradley doesn't have to show you anything. He works for Caldwell and Khan. Caldwell is already on record saying he's surprised Bradley was able to win 7 games with the roster he stuck him with. This season is when the grading starts.

That's cool that you don't think I know that.

You know what I meant.

He stinks.  Super nice guy but he coaches sloppy.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the team has played sloppy as well?  

For 33 regular season games.

Gus will be lucky to make it to the bye week unless a drastic improvement is made.

Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 5 - 14 yards

Punted 3 times and 3 turnovers

Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 3.8

33% in the Red Zone

Doesnt take a football guru to realize the Jaguars Offense lost this game for the team.

Bortles had a bad game, the receivers didnt get open enough and had too many drops, bad play calling by the OC as well..

On defense not enough pass rush, and allowed too many running yards.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 12:44 AM by Achilles.)

Bad offensive game. Bortles overthrew a lot of passes. To be fair to him it has to be hard to get in a groove with all those drops.

I thought the d line played really well. Cam escaped a bit but they got good pressure and handled the run game well.

Julius Thomas missing is a big deal. Bortles needs him until he gets more confident and consistent.

I also remember seeing a bad time out call.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Go out and beat Miami at home next week, watch the perpetually pessimistic mushrooms (because they are fun guys / rim shot / pats self on back) crawl back under their decomposing log, and we are back on pace for that 8-8, improved season. Not saying it's going to happen, but I am willing to wait and see.

There I said it. Now I will patiently wait to hear how stupid and naive I am.

(sips herbal tea)

(files freshly manicured, teal-painted fingernails)

So are you gonna join the rest of us "perpetually pessimistic mushrooms" ranting, moaning, and screaming for Bradley/Caldwell's head when the defense can't stop the Dolphins' O, OL can't block, receives can't catch, Bortles throw his habitual bad int(s), and the Jags get stomped by the Dolphins next week?  

Quote:So are you gonna join the rest of us "perpetually pessimistic mushrooms" ranting, moaning, and screaming for Bradley/Caldwell's head when the defense can't stop the Dolphins' O, OL can't block, receives can't catch, Bortles throw his habitual bad int(s), and the Jags get stomped by the Dolphins next week?

I think HE (wink wink), puts a little more herb than tea in his drink..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:That has nothing to do with right now. I think everyone in the building at 1 Everbank place knows what's at stake here. I'm sure Gus knows he's coaching for his job. He'll be judged by what he does or does not accomplish THIS season.
The next FIVE weeks.

Quote:The next FIVE weeks.

Who said anything about 5 weeks? What team fires a coach 5 weeks into a season besides the raiders?

Quote:Who said anything about 5 weeks? What team fires a coach 5 weeks into a season besides the raiders?
You don't think he deserves the boot if the jags are 0-5 or 0-6?

Quote:You don't think he deserves the boot if the jags are 0-5 or 0-6?

Sure. Did we already lose 6 games straight I'm not aware of?

If they keep playing like they did this Sunday, you might as well pencil that record down.

Quote:If they keep playing like they did this Sunday, you might as well pencil that record down.

I think I'll keep my pitchfork in the barn until then. No reason to get bent all out of shape for something that hasn't even happened yet.

Ugh..we'll see.  This team has been singing the same old tune since they drafted Gabbert. 

Quote:Bad offensive game. Bortles overthrew a lot of passes. To be fair to him it has to be hard to get in a groove with all those drops.

I thought the d line played really well. Cam escaped a bit but they got good pressure and handled the run game well.

Julius Thomas missing is a big deal. Bortles needs him until he gets more confident and consistent.

I also remember seeing a bad time out call.

It hurts to read this because I really thought Dave Caldwell was going to draft WR Amari Cooper instead of Fowler (whom now being injured seems like another cursed first round snafu)