Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Gus Comments

Quote:You know one thing I take away from this loss is I feel the Jags went out there expecting to win I think they need to realize they are underdogs every time they step on the field. They need to play like they want to win not like they expect to win.I think they can turn this season around it starts with better coaching decisions

Stop running the ball on 1st and 2nd down then you have one shot on third. if you feel Blake is the guy let him have the Ball this team needs to be a pass first offense.The pass can open up the running game.

Agreed. We've seen this clown show before handcuffing the qb then calling run, run, pass. Too predictable in the 2nd half. Show us the good stuff we saw in the preseason. Stop with all these bubble screens and short comeback routes. Make this team look like it belongs in the nfl.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bingo people blaming Gus, but the loss was down to stupid plays by players, fumbles, ints, missed xp and fgs

The only bad mistake by Gus was the 12 men on the field forced to use a timeout, but that might not be on him
Gus is the coach...and supposed to be the leader of the team, yet he doesn't lead.

They need a coach who is going to set a high standard and hold players accountable.  Not a Baskin Robbins worker.

Did the defense really play that well?  Cam had a clean pocket most of the day, and for the majority of the game it seemed like Cam & Co. ineptness was the best defense we had. 

Quote:As frustrated as I am with losing, I find all these calls to fire Gus knee jerk. Did Gus drop all those passes today? It was a garbage game, but Gus and the Defense did enough to keep us in the game. Had we won the game in ugly fashion would anyone be saying this? I'm not ready to start back at square one over one loss. How quickly we forget games we were blown out in the first half and not competitive at all.

It's people's frustrations with the team's constant failures, but I agree it is misplaced anger.   I mean as a Head Coach he gets all the blame or all the glory even though sometimes the glory/blame had little to actually do with him at times.

He suggested the firing of his OC, and GM Dave Caldwell brought in OC Olson whom called the offensive plays & is kind of responsible for the lack of Offensive production (keep in mind it was only one game).

If the Defense came out playing horrible I could see all the comments about Gus but they really didn't play that bad against Carolina.

Funny enough the best players Poz & Clemons in the game were the two that most fans wanted cut from the team.

Just be thankful fans cant call the plays or it would much worse.

Quote:It's people's frustrations with the team's constant failures, but I agree it is misplaced anger.   I mean as a Head Coach he gets all the blame or all the glory even though sometimes the glory/blame had little to actually do with him at times.

He suggested the firing of his OC, and GM Dave Caldwell brought in OC Olson whom called the offensive plays & is kind of responsible for the lack of Offensive production (keep in mind it was only one game).

If the Defense came out playing horrible I could see all the comments about Gus but they really didn't play that bad against Carolina.

Funny enough the best players Poz & Clemons in the game were the two that most fans wanted cut from the team.

Just be thankful fans cant call the plays or it would much worse.

Responsibility comes with the territory when it comes to leadership.  It's his job to prepare the team and then to ensure a high level of execution.  The HC is responsible, end of story.

So when can we blame Gus? I mean if its week 5 and we are still saying "I mean Gus didnt do a good job but blah blah blah receivers blah blah blah injury blah blah blah sacks" Week 8? Week 14? Week 17? Are 7 wins in the last 33 games enough? Is the play on the field looking like a train wreck every week enough? I mean he is the head coach...he should be taking all of the blame. So when in your mind is an appropriate time to point the finger at him and tell him to hit the road? Do we really  need a third year of excuses?

Quote:So when can we blame Gus? I mean if its week 5 and we are still saying "I mean Gus didnt do a good job but blah blah blah receivers blah blah blah injury blah blah blah sacks" Week 8? Week 14? Week 17? Are 7 wins in the last 33 games enough? Is the play on the field looking like a train wreck every week enough? I mean he is the head coach...he should be taking all of the blame. So when in your mind is an appropriate time to point the finger at him and tell him to hit the road? Do we really  need a third year of excuses?

Oehser said all the same stuff with Mularkey and Gabbert.  "If it wasn't for the drops, if it wasn't for a couple turnovers, if it wasn't for the big return, if the roster wasn't so young, if it wasn't for..."  like you said, blah, blah, blah...

We need a HC to come in, man up, and lead this darn team!

This team is a joke. 7 wins in 2 seasons means the wins matter this year. You don't get a 3 year trial run in the nfl. This offense has been abysmal, esp. In the 2nd half of games.

Quote:Oehser said all the same stuff with Mularkey and Gabbert. "If it wasn't for the drops, if it wasn't for a couple turnovers, if it wasn't for the big return, if the roster wasn't so young, if it wasn't for..." like you said, blah, blah, blah...

We need a HC to come in, man up, and lead this darn team!

Did O really make all those excuses? They happened. How are they not going to happen in the future?

Quote:This team is a joke. 7 wins in 2 seasons means the wins matter this year. You don't get a 3 year trial run in the nfl. This offense has been abysmal, esp. In the 2nd half of games.

The odds are against it anyway, no coach in the history of the NFL has had as bad a starting record as GB and won a Super Bowl.  He would have to make history...and that's not going to happen!

Quote:Did O really make all those excuses? They happened. How are they not going to happen in the future?
His stories read very similar in each of the past 3 years.  Maybe he didn't make them bold excuses, but he certainly would try to curb how bad a game was by giving alibis.

Quote:His stories read very similar in each of the past 3 years. Maybe he didn't make them bold excuses, but he certainly would try to curb how bad a game was by giving alibis.

Trying to sugar coat a turd. Just being a talking head to keep his job.

Quote:Trying to sugar coat a turd. Just being a talking head to keep his job.
They should get rid of him too... 

I miss 'Ole Vic.

Quote:Trying to sugar coat a turd. Just being a talking head to keep his job.

I know they have a job, but Jags.com will spin anything right up until someone is fired (see Mularkey).

Quote:I know they have a job, but Jags.com will spin anything right up until someone is fired (see Mularkey).

I still can't get over sexton calling joke the best OL on the team. It's like you are insulting us as fans because you don't want us to believe Caldwell made a mistake.

Quote:I know they have a job, but Jags.com will spin anything right up until someone is fired (see Mularkey).

And then he'll say "all the signs were there".

Quote:And then he'll say "all the signs were there".
lol exactly

''It's definitely surprising,'' Bortles said. ''But it wasn't what they did to us. It was what we did to ourselves. We had multiple things where we just shot ourselves in the foot. It's fixable stuff. It's not the way you want to come out and start the season. We're not going to sugarcoat it. It wasn't good enough and we've got to be better.''

Some quotes from O-Zones article:

"The stats may have said otherwise, but this team looked more competitive. It looked better in a lot of areas."   (where?)

"On Sunday, they looked like a young team with a lot of learning left to do, particularly on offense. That doesn’t mean they’re a bad team, and it doesn’t mean they haven’t improved." ( I think that does mean they're a bad team).

"In time, the loss to Carolina Sunday could be seen as an aberration" (For this team, 7-26, a win would be an aberration)

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 05:39 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Gus is the coach...and supposed to be the leader of the team, yet he doesn't lead.

They need a coach who is going to set a high standard and hold players accountable.  Not a Baskin Robbins worker.
Case in point:  in Bradley's post game comments, he said he felt Special teams played well.

Special Teams caused this team bad field position twice (Ginn put return and Greene punt return) and cost this team 4 points (missed XP and missed FG after Poz INt).

While there wasn't the disastrous error like a blocked punt, to say ST played well is an overstatement.  Meanwhile compare this to the halftime comments by Ken Whisenhunt, who emphasized the team's mistakes after going in up 35-7.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!