Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Gus Comments

Knee Jerk? He's 7 - 26 now as a headcoach through the last two years and one season opener. I no longer hold anything against the fans that call for this cheerleaders head. I really don't. His job is on the line this year. Possibly Caldwell's as well. It's up to Khan to decide. We cannot have another embarrassing 3 - 13 or 5 - 11 season. With that said. It was the first game. The defense did a decent job. It was 20 - 9 but you have to take 7 off the board due to Blake's pick six. So in reality, they surrendered 13 points to a depleted Carolina Panther's offense. Which is exactly what I expect out of this defense. The offense was hit or miss man. Robinson dropped two critical passes that were on the money, they would have either kept the drive alive or set us up in field goal range at the minimum. Greene dropped a critical pass inside the ten yard line. That's more points left on the board. Hurns dropped a pass that would have set us up again in field goal range. Just in general. Offense needs to improve. I don't want to see Olson call the same bubble screen three or four times though like I saw yesterday. Had enough of that with Fisch the last two years.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:7-26...it's not knee jerk

Neither is getting off to an 0-8 start in your first season as HC and an 0-7, then 1-10 start in your second season. (Thank God for the Browns)

I realize it's only 0-1 right now, but how many more L's do we see before we finally see a W.

Gus is getting off to an average of over 7 losses in a row to start a season.

Are we really going to start the season 0-4 before our big showdown with Capt. Crablegs?????

Is Gus really going to go 0-8, 0-6 and 0-whatever in 3 straight seasons????

We are historically bad right now and something has to change!!!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Gus is a good coach you guys just dont understand football

Define "good coach", and be specific so those who don't understand football will understand.

Quote:It's people's frustrations with the team's constant failures, but I agree it is misplaced anger.   I mean as a Head Coach he gets all the blame or all the glory even though sometimes the glory/blame had little to actually do with him at times.

He suggested the firing of his OC, and GM Dave Caldwell brought in OC Olson whom called the offensive plays & is kind of responsible for the lack of Offensive production (keep in mind it was only one game).

If the Defense came out playing horrible I could see all the comments about Gus but they really didn't play that bad against Carolina.

Funny enough the best players Poz & Clemons in the game were the two that most fans wanted cut from the team.

Just be thankful fans cant call the plays or it would much worse.

In all honesty, I don't know how it can get much worse.

What? Getting blown out like most of last year, especially early. Let's see what happens when the Jags actually play a good/great team. They are going to have to play a heck of a lot better then they did this past Sunday if they don't want to get blown out and stay at least competitive.

Can Gus keep them in the game? Stay tuned.................................

Gus is not a good coach. You are exactly what your record says and what the scoreboard says. 7 - 26 is not a reflection of being a good coach. I said it at the beginning of the year before the draft even took place. He has to win a minimum of seven games in my eyes to justify him staying for year four. And I think Khan has the same views. Caldwell has picked some good players in our eyes, but look at what we had to suffer through and gouge our eyes out with because of Gene Smith's premium division III hand selections. Is Caldwell REALLY picking that great of talent? We'll have to wait and see. At some point though, we have to make the decision to cut our losses yet again and move on yet again with a new regime.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm not a fan of firing a coach during a season but obviously if this team doesn't have any better results this year then it's got to be time to make a change after the season.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  My biggest disappointment with yesterday is how sloppy the team seemed to be, missed tackles, receivers seemingly running wrong routes, dropped passes, etc.  The players need to execute but ultimately the coaches are supposed to get the players ready. 

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

There are too many mental errors occurring to call this a well-coached team. 

My prediction at the start of the season was 6-10, but that may be optimistic based on the play yesterday.  

Quote:Define "good coach", and be specific so those who don't understand football will understand.

Hahaha there is always someone who falls for stuff like this

Make a list of the top 5 coaches in the league and ask yourself what they would have been able to do with the roster Gus inherited his first two years.
Only a chump boos the home team!

You guys do know its only game 1 right?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Make a list of the top 5 coaches in the league and ask yourself what they would have been able to do with the roster Gus inherited his first two years.

Oh wow you're right. Settle down everyone, Gus is a good coach we are just overreacting.

Quote:You guys do know its only game 1 right?

It isn't one game

Quote:Case in point: in Bradley's post game comments, he said he felt Special teams played well.

Special Teams caused this team bad field position twice (Ginn put return and Greene punt return) and cost this team 4 points (missed XP and missed FG after Poz INt).

While there wasn't the disastrous error like a blocked punt, to say ST played well is an overstatement. Meanwhile compare this to the halftime comments by Ken Whisenhunt, who emphasized the team's mistakes after going in up 35-7.

Great post

Quote:Oh wow you're right. Settle down everyone, Gus is a good coach we are just overreacting.

So Belichick or Mike McCarthy would have made Henne amazeballs and taken us to the playoffs? Shut the front door.

sick of this cheerleader

go dance like you won the super bowl on some other team

dudes a loser, an upbeat totally optimistic ice cream and participation trophies for everyone complete and utter loser

hope he's canned after next game 

If we open again 1-7 or something along those lines the drum beat is going to be very loud.  I love Gus and I think most would say he's one of the best people around but "best people" don't win football games sometimes. 

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:So Belichick or Mike McCarthy would have made Henne amazeballs and taken us to the playoffs? Shut the front door.
Can you prove that they wouldn't? And making the playoffs wasn't what you originally posted. You just asked what they would be able to do and I'd bet my life they would provide better results

Quote:Can you prove that they wouldn't? And making the playoffs wasn't what you originally posted. You just asked what they would be able to do and I'd bet my life they would provide better results

I get the frustration believe me, but how much better would those coaches really have been with respect to the record. One more win? Two? If the number isn't higher than that, maybe you can be honest enough with yourself to realize Gus, with whatever flaws you perceive he has, is not wholly to blame for this team's record.

Rex Ryan and Gus Bradley's coaching styles are pretty identical. Difference is Rex Ryan wins

Quote:It isn't one game

Its Game 1 with a new OC and alot of new starters.

Because of Gene, what other team has had this amount of turnover at starter than this team?

Marquis Lee not being on the feild is hurting this team. We need a burner and a vet WR.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend