Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Gus Comments

My only question is how do we at times play well in the first half, and then after second half adjustments the second half looks like a completely different game?

The Panthers adjusted, we didn't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I get the frustration believe me, but how much better would those coaches really have been with respect to the record. One more win? Two? If the number isn't higher than that, maybe you can be honest enough with yourself to realize Gus, with whatever flaws you perceive he has, is not wholly to blame for this team's record.

Never said he was the only reason. But how many more double digit losses do we need to see? His post game comments week in and week out concern me as well

Gus Bradley is a terrible head coach

Quote:Never said he was the only reason. But how many more double digit losses do we need to see? His post game comments week in and week out concern me as well

If our kicker makes an extra point and a makeable 40 something yard field goal it is a single digit loss. A couple years ago we were letting teams score at will against us. Offense let us down this week, but we were still in the game in the 4th quarter. Would have killed for that two years ago. I think everyone expects better, but let's see a few games and assess where this team is at before we go jumping off buildings.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Did the defense really play that well?  Cam had a clean pocket most of the day, and for the majority of the game it seemed like Cam & Co. ineptness was the best defense we had. 

Yuppers...  Carolina would have been blowing us out of the water if their wide open no defender in a country mile receivers didn't drop passes.

Honestly I don't know what to say.  I would love to say boy the run on 1st and 2nd down and leaving BB one down to make up 6 plus yards was a problem but he threw the ball 40 times.  The poor completion percentage and yards per attempt are abysmal.  I just don't ever like our game day plans or adjustments.  You move the ball on a 2 minute drill and don't use any of those plays again?  You put a rookie running back recovering from a hand injury on a motion flat pass when the Panthers are stacking the box for the run anyways?  Does anyone think they were fooled by the motion?

I mean seriously Yeldon's flat route wasn't crisp at all so of course it was a pick six.  I looked at that game on Nextgen replay and all of the routes would have resulted in interceptions.  No legal picks all the route designs were tight and short.  Only the TE released deep but there never would have been enough time for that play to develop with the way they stacked and rushed.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Its Game 1 with a new OC and alot of new starters.

Because of Gene, what other team has had this amount of turnover at starter than this team?

Marquis Lee not being on the feild is hurting this team. We need a burner and a vet WR.
It's game 33 but whatever. I've been staying positive for 2 years, buying my season tickets, but it's another double digit loss and we are about to start 0-4 and scored the least amount of points yesterday. You can keep blaming Gene if you want but that was a long time ago now. It's time for us to expect better as fans of our team.

Quote:If our kicker makes an extra point and a makeable 40 something yard field goal it is a single digit loss. A couple years ago we were letting teams score at will against us. Offense let us down this week, but we were still in the game in the 4th quarter. Would have killed for that two years ago. I think everyone expects better, but let's see a few games and assess where this team is at before we go jumping off buildings.
they missed a field goal too

Quote:Gus Bradley is a terrible head coach

At this point, we have little reason to think otherwise. 

;

;

The ra-ra stuff has gotten old. He never criticizes the team in the interviews, he always says something stupid like "we have an area for an opportunity there."

he needs to work in middle management somewhere. he'd be perfect for that.

Quote:If our kicker makes an extra point and a makeable 40 something yard field goal it is a single digit loss. A couple years ago we were letting teams score at will against us. Offense let us down this week, but we were still in the game in the 4th quarter. Would have killed for that two years ago. I think everyone expects better, but let's see a few games and assess where this team is at before we go jumping off buildings.

Rewatch the game.  For as close as the game appeared, it wasn't good on any level.  The Jaguars didn't beat themselves the whole thing from start to finish was a flat mess.

I'll play the what if game with you....   

If the Carolina receivers are even remotely average they are blowing us out in the first half and that extra point and missed field goal mean squat.

This team has questions in each defense group on that side of the ball and are a giant question mark on offense. So three years no answers.

The Khan Years

Quote:It's game 33 but whatever. I've been staying positive for 2 years, buying my season tickets, but it's another double digit loss and we are about to start 0-4 and scored the least amount of points yesterday. You can keep blaming Gene if you want but that was a long time ago now. It's time for us to expect better as fans of our team.

No, that wasnt a long time ago. That was 3 drafts ago. The turnover with this team has been epic. I actually commend Caldwell on what he has done. And, Im not being positive, im being real. Thats why I said we still need a burner and vet WR.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:The ra-ra stuff has gotten old. He never criticizes the team in the interviews, he always says something stupid like "we have an area for an opportunity there."

he needs to work in middle management somewhere. he'd be perfect for that.

What could he say that would make you happy?

;

;

Quote:No, that wasnt a long time ago. That was 3 drafts ago. The turnover with this team has been epic. I actually commend Caldwell on what he has done. And, Im not being positive, im being real. Thats why I said we still need a burner and vet WR.

I'll give in on this point.  Considering we chose to release players and blow the team up leading in to a draft with historically poor talent (Looking at you 2013), we are still a year away from average.  This team is unproven everywhere on the field.

The Khan Years

Quote:What could he say that would make you happy?

Nothing.  Bullseye pointed out the silliness of his comments when talking about special teams alone.  They don't have anything for us.  They just have to win games.  Words are very unnecessary, they can only lead to harm -- DM

The Khan Years

Quote:No, that wasnt a long time ago. That was 3 drafts ago. The turnover with this team has been epic. I actually commend Caldwell on what he has done. And, Im not being positive, im being real. Thats why I said we still need a burner and vet WR.

I think Caldwell is the guy. I have very little issue with Caldwell. I think he can acquire the talent we need to win. My issue is with Gus and mostly only Gus

So this begs the question of who available right now would be a better replacement at head coach to turn this team around and how long would they need to do so?

Formerly known as The Real Joker

He is too soft on these guys in public. Look at other successful coaches in the L, and they are at the very least critical of guys in their press conferences.

Bradley acts like this is Pop Warner and that he has to be worried about their feelings.

He's too soft. It's time for him to go.

Quote:Rewatch the game. For as close as the game appeared, it wasn't good on any level. The Jaguars didn't beat themselves the whole thing from start to finish was a flat mess.

I'll play the what if game with you....

If the Carolina receivers are even remotely average they are blowing us out in the first half and that extra point and missed field goal mean squat.

This team has questions in each defense group on that side of the ball and are a giant question mark on offense. So three years no answers.

It looked bad on offense. D had some breakdowns, but sputtering offense coming out cold (again) is what really did us in. Still.. if BB comes out next week and finds a rhythm, we have another winnable game on our hands. Forgive me if I don't want to scrap the season before all the week 1 games have been played yet.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:As frustrated as I am with losing, I find all these calls to fire Gus knee jerk. Did Gus drop all those passes today? It was a garbage game, but Gus and the Defense did enough to keep us in the game. Had we won the game in ugly fashion would anyone be saying this? I'm not ready to start back at square one over one loss. How quickly we forget games we were blown out in the first half and not competitive at all.

This is on point.

Quote:He is too soft on these guys in public. Look at other successful coaches in the L, and they are at the very least critical of guys in their press conferences.

Bradley acts like this is Pop Warner and that he has to be worried about their feelings.

He's too soft. It's time for him to go.

You think Gus calling his players out during a press conference is going to change something? That would definitely motivate the players. Shoot, I know when i screw up at work, my boss calls me out on it in a company wide email. I love working hard for that guy. I think people put too much emphasis on coaching and not enough on talent.