Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will the unnecessary timeout on 3rd down be the defining moment of Bradley's tenure here?

They had them backed up near their own end zone. Third down. Coach Gus comes running to call a timeout because he thinks (or was told) there were 12 men on the field. There were not. There were 11 men on the field. The Jaguars stop the Panthers short of the first down and start to walk off. But what do you know? The timeout was called and the Panthers get a reprieve. Third down converted. There were 9:53 on the clock when the timeout was called. Four first downs and 7 minutes later in game time, Carolina kicks a field goal. The game at that point felt over, and it was.

It is just another example of bad game management, bad use of timeout. Just bad coaching.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They had them backed up near their own end zone. Third down. Coach Gus comes running to call a timeout because he thinks (or was told) there were 12 men on the field. There were not. There were 11 men on the field. The Jaguars stop the Panthers short of the first down and start to walk off. But what do you know? The timeout was called and the Panthers get a reprieve. Third down converted. There were 9:53 on the clock when the timeout was called. Four first downs and 7 minutes later in game time, Carolina kicks a field goal. The game at that point felt over, and it was.

It is just another example of bad game management, bad use of timeout. Just bad coaching.
I'm so tired of rooting for an offense that can't score unless it starts on the opponent's 20 yard line that I'm physically in pain watching how smooth the 2007 Jaguars offense was.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I'm so tired of rooting for an offense that can't score unless it starts on the opponent's 20 yard line that I'm physically in pain watching how smooth the 2007 Jaguars offense was.

They were dominant on the ground, and Garrard made them very proficient through the air. I guess we didn't realize how good reggie williams, Matt jones, and Dennis Northcutt were compared to these guys. They can barely catch a cold. The only thing AR 15 is catching are injuries.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I don't have the game dvr'd...

So I can't confirm whether or not Gus was right...

But...

If there was indeed not 12 players on the field, then it looks REALLY bad on Gus.

While that timeout won't help, the 26 and counting losses will be more of the defining moments.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I don't have the game dvr'd...

So I can't confirm whether or not Gus was right...

But...

If there was indeed not 12 players on the field, then it looks REALLY bad on Gus.

And, if he called it because of someone else telling him we had 12 on the field when we did not, it means at the very least he's got one bonehead on his staff.  I like to imagine it was Tony Khan in his ear for both the forward progress 'challenge' and this timeout, if for no other reason than it means we might not have to hear about his half-baked analytics anymore.

He has absolutely no idea what he's doing out there. None.

Quote:He has absolutely no idea what he's doing out there. None.

And neither do we at times.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 08:58 PM by Sosa.)

If we were to take away his HC job, do you think he'd be willing to stay as a DC? Or would he just leave completely? We can't deny he'd be good for that purpose.

No coach in history has had as bad a career HC start as Bradley (record wise) and won a Super Bowl.  Who is convinced that Bradley can be that guy that sets that record?  Not me!

We don't need him as the DC.  Seattle has done just fine without him!

Quote:If we were to take away his HC job, do you think he'd be willing to stay as a DC? Or would he just leave completely? We can't deny he'd be good for that purpose.
When has that ever happened?? Serious question.

Actually Dan Skuta was the 12th man on the field and was in a full sprint to get off the field. He even jumped just before the ball was snapped. Would've been a penalty if he didn't call the time out

How about the Hurns fumble or missed XP or missed FG or pick 6....

Quote:When has that ever happened?? Serious question.
Probably never. Players would lose respect and wouldn't take him seriously. Still, its a thought.

Quote:We don't need him as the DC.  Seattle has done just fine without him!
Seattle has done fine because of that stacked roster on defense. 

Quote:Actually Dan Skuta was the 12th man on the field and was in a full sprint to get off the field. He even jumped just before the ball was snapped. Would've been a penalty if he didn't call the time out

I don't have the game recorded but there were at least two local media people who said it was 11 men on the field and the guy running off made it 10.

Quote:He has absolutely no idea what he's doing out there. None.

The only thing he is good at is cheerleading. He needs to be out there with the ROAR during halftime dance performances.

Quote:Probably never. Players would lose respect and wouldn't take him seriously. Still, its a thought.

That would never happen. It's not high school football. I doubt that has ever happened in college or pro football.

Quote:I don't have the game recorded but there were at least two local media people who said it was 11 men on the field and the guy running off made it 10.

I'm re-watching on game pass but unfortunately the TV broadcast angle isn't good enough to get a full count.

HOWEVER, there is definitely obvious confusion, you can see Skuta look to the sidelines, indicate timeout, then sprint his tail off to the sideline. You can also see ANOTHER defensive player (looking away from the sideline) suddenly come to a realization and signal time at the same time Bradley is doing so. 

This incident, at the least, is not a Bradley clock management mistake.