Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurns, A-Rob, and Lee accounted for a whopping 87 yds today.

That's part of the problem with the passing game right there. Two of the guys were invisible on the field, the other wasn't on the field at all.  I'm not excusing Bortles' poor performance but I can't help but wonder if feels too much pressure to make plays, when he's not getting much help from his receivers, The dink and dunk passes to guys like Yeldon or Pierce are what gets him in trouble. I feel like Bortles is at his best when he's throwing 20 yards or deeper downfield.  He does have the ability to place the ball in a place where only the receivers can catch it.

Another way to take the pressure off Bortles would be to open up the running game.  Yeldon and D-Rob were under utilized today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Remember all those players are 2nd year players. That's why having JT out there was gonna be so important. I'm optimistic we will do better then. I bet Sullivan got on their [BLEEP].

Rashad Greene had a huge drop over the middle. It's not that these passes are super easy to catch, they just add up.

Quote:Remember all those players are 2nd year players. That's why having JT out there was gonna be so important. I'm optimistic we will do better then. I bet Sullivan got on their [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Did Marcedes get one ball thrown his way?

Lewis and Harbor being invisible is more worrying.

Quote:Did Marcedes get one ball thrown his way?

Nope. Pretty dumb. Especially that fade in the end zone. What were they thinking? He's their best bet in those situations. Coaching...that's the problem.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quite honestly, Bortles was not very good today. I know there were drops and that is a problem. But there were so many just bad passes. The pick six was just inexcusable. 

Quote:Remember all those players are 2nd year players. That's why having JT out there was gonna be so important. I'm optimistic we will do better then. I bet Sullivan got on their [BAD WORD REMOVED].

I have started to think Sullivan is overrated. Don't tell me that he developed Fitz. Fitz was already a star and was drafted top-5. I think they have to think beyond Sullivan and a WRs coach who can be hard. Also WRs who have a bigger hands and catch the ball consistently. Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee are all overrated in my honest opinion. Allen Hurns will have a better career than Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson. 

Also all position coaches are not developing players. The last position coach who has developed in Kennedy Pola who developed MJD. The rest of coaches that we had don't have anything to put on the resume. 

Lee didn't play. Don't loop him into this terdfest. Wait until next week. He'll be part of that terdfest.

Quote:That's part of the problem with the passing game right there. Two of the guys were invisible on the field, the other wasn't on the field at all.  I'm not excusing Bortles' poor performance but I can't help but wonder if feels too much pressure to make plays, when he's not getting much help from his receivers, The dink and dunk passes to guys like Yeldon or Pierce are what gets him in trouble. I feel like Bortles is at his best when he's throwing 20 yards or deeper downfield.  He does have the ability to place the ball in a place where only the receivers can catch it.

Another way to take the pressure off Bortles would be to open up the running game.  Yeldon and D-Rob were under utilized today.

Hurns had a few good catches and got open but also dropped a few and had a fumble.

Greene looked like Allen Robinson getting open and making nice catches but many of his targets were for only a couple of yards.

Allen Robinson had the easiest catch and dropped it, then i watched him do the same thing on another play.  Sure he had a couple of catches but nothing spectuclar like everyone was hyping up.  He was just a guy out there.

I didnt even know Lee was playing, I didn't see him play.

Sullivan is good. He has polished too many turds for me to think he is the problem. I mean Shorts, Mike thomas, etc. Sullivan isn't the issue. Our guys didn't play like they should have today and thats all there is too it. 

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.