Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You're The Head Coach Of The Jacksonville Jaguars...

How would you address the team after today's loss?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"We sucked"

I'd pass around a collection plate.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 07:52 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Somebody posted it earlier, but this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Quote:How would you address the team after today's loss?

I'd be honest with them, I'd tell them (since i'm Gus) that most coaches aren't as likable as me, and if I'm canned they won't be the darlings of the next guy like they are with me, and if they want to keep a nice coach that wants them on the team around they might want to start really trying hard.

Quote:"We sucked"

I think this pretty much sums it up. Not much else needs to be said imo...

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 07:51 PM by wrong_box.)

I think it's time for Gus to stop playing Mr. Nice Guy and start being more like Tom Coughlin 

Quote:I think it's time for Gus to stop playing Mr. Nice Guy and start being more like Tom Coughlin 
You mean to say... Colonel Coughlin?

I'd light a fire under them and tell them this isn't amateur hour. The last seasons was to improve and get the right players for the job. Now its time to put it all together and not play like a bunch of useless chumps.

"I didn't realize that we were allowed to make second half adjustments.  I learned everything about head coaching by watching video of my predecessor, Mike Mularkey.  I haven't had time to read the rule book yet, so I didn't realize that teams make second half adjustments.  Color me embarrassed.  This will be fixed from now on.  Also each time you drop the ball, I'm killing a kitten.  This is not against the CBA, I checked."

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You mean to say... Colonel Coughlin?
anything except awww shucks...we missed some opportunities we'll get back to work and get better

I'd prolly be carted off to the hospital. I'd walk in and start swingin chairs and garbage cans like some kind of wrestling script.. Then I'd get my butt beat..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 07:56 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:I think it's time for Gus to stop playing Mr. Nice guy and start being more like Tom Coughlin

This. Start being a coach, and hold your players accountable. I feel they lack fear of losing their job. It's cool if you suck, just keep doing your best. Tom Coughlin was a complete jerk, but the players weren't a bunch of wussies that lacked heart and grit. They faught to the end, and they didn't just give up. 6ou thunk all these drops aren't attributed to how Gus treats these guys? Coughlin would have their [BLEEP] if they did not do their job. Look at belichick. Dude benches a guy after getting 200 yards and 4 TDS for being late to a meeting.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I would inform them that from now on...

every dropped pass will cost $1,000 to $10,000 (depending on how significant the drop was)

every turnover (due to interception or fumble) will cost $10,000 to $30,000 (depending on how significant the turnover was)

every stupid penalty will cost from $1,000 to $30,000 (depending on the severity of stupidity displayed)

you get the idea... I would make the point that displaying incompetence during a regular season game will cost money. Start touching those guys in the wallet and I bet some of those drops... won't be. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 08:06 PM by MoJagFan.)

What can he say, he is the one signing off on the pitiful game plan.  Just like the end of the JDR era, no one else left to blame or fire.

EDIT:

I thought this year would be a write off for Gus but after today, I am wrong that seat is on fire.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I would wear the other teams shirt/jersery all week long saying we have no chance of winning next week againest dolphins. I would tell the team the way you play a high school team could beat us.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

When is Caldwell going to draft guys who don't suck like you guys?

Damn. When did snowwolf turn heel? You know something is really wrong if that guy loses all positivity.

If I am the head coach of this team, I fire myself