Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defense #2 in the league so far

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 07:43 PM by jagboss.)

Only gave up 263yards today puts them second so far, and they are #1 in pass defense.

I know, it's only the first game, just looking for a positive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I believe the defense did play well, really well (although the Panthers offense isn't that good). However, that offense is just horrendous.

The defense is good.

Just not good enough to win games.

Pass rush still stinks. Good QBs will change the ranking of our defense.

Quote:I believe the defense did play well, really well (although the Panthers offense isn't that good). However, that offense is just horrendous.

14 points are missing. 1 pass defense. I wonder where that would be if those wide open TDS were counted. Good to know though.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I believe the defense did play well, really well (although the Panthers offense isn't that good). However, that offense is just horrendous.
The Panthers didn't beat us, we beat ourselves.

Defense was not good today. They lucked out that ginn has worse hands than allen robinson.

Is nice to see Jac atop of the different team stats for defense

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 07:51 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Defense was not good today. They lucked out that ginn has worse hands than allen robinson.
Eh, even if Ginn cought that they held the Panthers down pretty well I though and managed to get a turn over in good field position, I was expecting the D to be much worse without Marks on the field (he makes a big difference imo, Alualu doesn't come close to being as good as he is), they got a couple of sacks and would have gotten a few more against any QB that isn't Newton or Big Ben. Branch being missing was also noticeable today, he's not great but he's very good at "cleaning up", he doesn't really set up plays himself but when one guy gets to the QB Branch can usually come in and finish the play, Cam escaped a few times today and those are the points Branch would usually show up.

The offense (and kicking) was the biggest problem by far for me, and catches where the biggest problem on the offense. The first drive being ended up a drop set the tone for the entire game for the offense.

The refs sucked also, blowing a play dead far too quickly cost us a turnover and gifting the Panthers a turnover when Young visibly had his helmet thrown on the ground, they also gave a block in the back penalty against the Panthers that was very questionable.

Defense played well. Blown coverage could've put us dead last in the league probably LOL... Even then, our defense played well. The first drive is usually hard because you have to play "bend but don't break" defense and adjust to what they're wanting to do. I liked the effort trying to strip the ball and the saw a lot more players trying to get INT's. Pass rush is still weak though, and our tackling was piss poor. That needs to get cleaned up, and hopefully Marks will be back to fix that. I'm so desperate for a breakout player, that I want Branch back. He'll be our Aldon Smith, boys!

I told my friend at the end of the game. Bet we finish top 3 in yards allowed on D.

Shows you just how awful we really are in terms of knowing how to win. It is a culture. At least our fans have embraced the other end of that concept. So no pressure from within. 6 is our target, right? Are we still counting a sweep of those ghastly titans? We'll get there...

No coaching, sad Gus, overrated Caldwell, no form, no understanding, no packaging. To beat Jacksonville, just show up and watch them implode. It's that simple.

An opponent truly doesn't have to do too much.

What am I MOST sad about right now? Bortles. As frantic as his environment. I can feel his pain.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:He'll be our Aldon Smith, boys!

In jail?

Quote:In jail?
You mean playing the entire year? The one that people on this board didn't want because of behavior issues? People that are mean and don't care about feelings would be great for this team. Too many nice guys that dream about unicorns and waterfalls.

Imagine if Gus had not called that timeout.

Quote:Imagine if Gus had not called that timeout.

I was thinking the same thing.

Total yards allowed would be around 200

Quote:You mean playing the entire year? The one that people on this board didn't want because of behavior issues? People that are mean and don't care about feelings would be great for this team. Too many nice guys that dream about unicorns and waterfalls.
Eh, I don't care for the argument you're making or the one against it but Smith isn't worth his salary, the 49ers wouldn't have cut him if he was (especially with them having so many players retire and leave). The guy is another Blackmon/Gordon, he's never far from something bad. He didn't help the Raiders much today - they lost 33-13 Tongue

I'd much prefer someone like Ziggy Ansah on the Jags, he's a good kid and an extremely good football player with a massive ceiling. Passing over him for a LT is turning out to be a terrible move.

Oakland vs. Jacksonville, right now? 38-10 Raiders. That Aldon Smith. It's football. But oh noes, don't bring them cancer boys to our locker room. My dear deplorable Jags are so easy to decipher. It's a community/cultural thing. A coach/GM like Gus/Caldwell is the true opposite of what a slow sappy culture like Jax needs. We need arses who go against the grain of this falseness. That's how TC and JDR managed to get mild success.

Like I said I couldn't care less about the good guy/bad guy argument but Aldon Smith is an idiot. Someone like Suh is the kind of "bad guy" I'd happily take because he leaves his attitude on field. He's not in trouble with the cops every week or the worry of suspensions for weed or DUIs hanging over him.

Quote:Eh, I don't care for the argument you're making or the one against it but Smith isn't worth his salary, the 49ers wouldn't have cut him if he was (especially with them having so many players retire and leave). The guy is another Blackmon/Gordon, he's never far from something bad. He didn't help the Raiders much today - they lost 33-13 Tongue

I'd much prefer someone like Ziggy Ansah on the Jags, he's a good kid and an extremely good football player with a massive ceiling. Passing over him for a LT is turning out to be a terrible move.
You don't want a double digit sack machine for our anemic pass rush? He'll be suspended next year, but this year it would help. We get Fowler back and another pass rusher probably in the draft. We'll be set next year, but this year we will struggle without any of them.

They are SUPERIOR physical beings. May be hard for some to construe, the mental dichotomy of such individuals. Thank God some of us are genetically and mentally astute to get it. Certain things, some simply would never get.