Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We were told the build was complete so in 3 drafts who are our impact players?

And to think that we were all happy when we drafted Denard Robinson because he was going to be our secret "Offensive Weapon."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should trade Marcedes Lewis to the Giants for a 5th round pick. They need a TE..

Just stockpile picks at this point.
Shock the world

Quote:And to think that we were all happy when we drafted Denard Robinson because he was going to be our secret "Offensive Weapon."

Denard wasn't given a chance. When he played he had a positive contribution. They never gave him the ball! DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?

Quote:We should trade Marcedes Lewis to the Giants for a 5th round pick. They need a TE..

We need him to block. We can't.

Quote:We need him to block. We can't.

Block what? I'd rather have the pick.
Shock the world

Quote:Denard wasn't given a chance. When he played he had a positive contribution. They never gave him the ball! DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?
I feel bad for Denard. Actually, I feel bad for Yeldon too. We didn't give them enough chances to get the running game going. They had good stats and we just stopped.

Quote:We should trade Marcedes Lewis to the Giants for a 5th round pick. They need a TE..

What's the point of stockpiling picks, if we never hit on any of our draft picks? J/K I guess even a broken clock is right two times a day but it doesn't seem like that's the case for the Jags.

Quote:Block what? I'd rather have the pick.
Well, when Sam Young is out there you'll want him.

Quote:Caldwell declaring this build to be over will haunt him unless this team turns it around.
In his defense, Fowler getting hurt was definitely a setback. He was drafted to be the playmaker on defense.

Quote:What's the point of stockpiling picks, if we never hit on any of our draft picks? J/K I guess even a broken clock is right two times a day but it doesn't seem like that's the case for the Jags.

I agree, but I'd rather take the pick because Lewis is absolutely useless right now and by the time we are good, he won't be on this team.
Shock the world

Quote:Denard wasn't given a chance. When he played he had a positive contribution. They never gave him the ball! DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?
I did, maybe were just saving him for the playoffs!

Quote:Well, when Sam Young is out there you'll want him.

Nah. Sam Young helps us get another top 5 pick.
Shock the world

Quote:Well, when Sam Young is out there you'll want him.

I was specifically looking for Mercedes Lewis as a pass blocker next to Young and I did not see it.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 09:45 PM by badger.)

Quote:In his defense, Fowler getting hurt was definitely a setback. He was drafted to be the playmaker on defense.

He didn't have to trade away our decent Left Tackle in favor of starting an injury prone rookie.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 09:46 PM by badger.)

The two dumbest moves he has made so far is trading away Eugene Monroe, not resigning Daryl Smith and now the Scobee move is questionable.

He created holes that didn't previously exist when the team is riddled with other problems.

Quote:I was specifically looking for Mercedes Lewis as a pass blocker next to Young and I did not see it.
I didn't see Marcedes at all today. Didn't even see him in the red-zone. 

To me it wasn't overly surprising our TEs didn't have much impact.

The Carolina LB corps are some of the best pass defenders in the league.  I knew without Thomas, getting the TE involved in the passing game would be difficult.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Caldwell declaring this build to be over will haunt him unless this team turns it around.

It also proves that he is not a very good talent evaluator. He has had top 3 draft picks each year. He has been picking at the top of each round and still has very little to show for it. Quite frankly he wasn't ready to run the show.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

It's just so frustrating. We never get lucky either. Ever. I'm watching the Giants/Cowboys right now and clearly the Cowboys have more talent because the Giants are banged up, but the backup safety causes a fumble and the corner picks it up and takes it all the way and then Jason Witten tips the ball in the air and the Giants UDFA that was just picked up a week ago intercepted the pass. I never ever ever ever see plays like this from us. Nobody makes plays. Nobody makes a name for themselves. The only guy I see on defense that's causes havoc is Telvin Smith. He's a stud, he cares about the game, he cares about winning, he makes big plays. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!
Shock the world

Quote:It's just so frustrating. We never get lucky either. Ever. I'm watching the Giants/Cowboys right now and clearly the Cowboys have more talent because the Giants are banged up, but the backup safety causes a fumble and the corner picks it up and takes it all the way and then Jason Witten tips the ball in the air and the Giants UDFA that was just picked up a week ago intercepted the pass. I never ever ever ever see plays like this from us. Nobody makes plays. Nobody makes a name for themselves. The only guy I see on defense that's causes havoc is Telvin Smith. He's a stud, he cares about the game, he cares about winning, he makes big plays. WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!
That's kind of how we beat the giants last year.

It's a copy cat league.