Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Predict the week Gus is fired

Quote:i'm saying its the NFL, we lost we made mistakes, and we are not looking like the Browns, Bucs, and Raiders, if we got beat like that, I would agree we suck, but its one game.

let it play out for a few weeks first

We looked awful
;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd guess just before the Bye Week.  Giving Marrone time to step in.  Kind of hope he doesn't stay as HC though, unless he goes 9-0 or something.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:i'm saying its the NFL, we lost we made mistakes, and we are not looking like the Browns, Bucs, and Raiders, if we got beat like that, I would agree we suck, but its one game.

let it play out for a few weeks first

Agree, but the schedule isn't favorable for a big comeback. We shall see....

Gus will be fired before the bye week.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

If he hits 0-6 he should be gone.

If he cannot hit 6 wins this year he should be gone.

I think he will avoid hitting either threshold, but judging by the offense today... Could be wrong.

Khan keeps them both for another year.

I mean, a team that uses the slogan ..Ready for More? Clearly has no idea what they're doing.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Agree, but the schedule isn't favorable for a big comeback. We shall see....

The Jags have the NFLs 7 th easiest schedule. Not that means anything.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The Jags have the NFLs 7 th easiest schedule. Not that means anything.
mostly because the titans and bucs were so terrible, and while the bucs look beatable by anyone with a pulse the titans might put up more of a fight.

Everyone will be fired. every last person down to the popcorn vendors.

Once the knee jerks, there is no stopping it. I just hope the NFL doesn't get a visit from the turk.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Everyone will be fired. every last person down to the popcorn vendors.

Once the knee jerks, there is no stopping it. I just hope the NFL doesn't get a visit from the turk.

Knee jerks? These guys are 7-26.
;

;

Quote:Knee jerks? These guys are 7-26.

Come on, that's only 19 games under .500.

Hey man, there is always next year. Just need another year to develop. 2016 is surely the year.

What do you think Gene Smith is doing these days? Petting his cat in Dr. Claws chair laughing evilily?

Quote:Come on, that's only 19 games under .500.

If this thing plays out, Gus could end up with a coaching record among the worst of all time.
;

;

Quote:Ok, a 2 minute drill TD in the first half is not trash. You're being ridiculous.

Agreed.

The only thing that gives me a small shred of hope was that 2 minute drill.

I will go to bed hoping the coaches build off that. I will have nightmares that they are too inept to figure out how to build off it...

Lol! You gotta give these guys credit man. The glass half full people are funny. everything is fine stop knee jerking!!

Quote:Khan keeps them both for another year.

I mean, a team that uses the slogan ..Ready for More? Clearly has no idea what they're doing.
I thought it was...

[Image: Buh6obsIEAAa0FV.jpg]

3 gripes:

1. No use of tight ends after their super stud all pro MLB went down for the game - [BLEEP] that is inexcusable in todays game. You attack weakness. We should had handed the ball to Yeldon up the gut and let him wreak havoc and found Marcedes whenever possible. Side note did you see the juke he put on later in the game....goodness.

2. Davon House sucks. That is all. 

3. Why we dialed up a known pick-6 route (quick out) backed up in a known pick-6 situation (backed up trailing) and decided to go to their best CB's side using a RB is beyond me. That play alone is the type of [BLEEP] i believe should cost jobs or at least a possible change in playcalling responsibilities. If Olsen and Bortles are still doing this stuff by week 5 something needs to happen. 

Honorable mentions go to : 

Marcedes 1v1 in the endzone vs a CB and bortles goes to robinson being shadowed by Norman. 

On nearly every play our receivers get lit up. Carolina had plenty of catch and run chances whereas the moment a jags wideout touched the ball we were getting drilled every time. 

Quote:Lol! You gotta give these guys credit man. The glass half full people are funny. everything is fine stop knee jerking!!

Hahahaha same thing I was thinking. It's like if they deny it , it won't be true.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:3 gripes:

1. No use of tight ends after their super stud all pro MLB went down for the game - [BAD WORD REMOVED] that is inexcusable in todays game. You attack weakness. We should had handed the ball to Yeldon up the gut and let him wreak havoc and found Marcedes whenever possible. Side note did you see the juke he put on later in the game....goodness.

2. Davon House sucks. That is all. 

3. Why we dialed up a known pick-6 route (quick out) backed up in a known pick-6 situation (backed up trailing) and decided to go to their best CB's side using a RB is beyond me. That play alone is the type of [BAD WORD REMOVED] i believe should cost jobs or at least a possible change in playcalling responsibilities. If Olsen and Bortles are still doing this stuff by week 5 something needs to happen. 

Honorable mentions go to : 

Marcedes 1v1 in the endzone vs a CB and bortles goes to robinson being shadowed by Norman. 

On nearly every play our receivers get lit up. Carolina had plenty of catch and run chances whereas the moment a jags wideout touched the ball we were getting drilled every time. 

The last one is all about Bortles. He was throwing passes late, and that's what happens when you throw late, you get your guys drilled. Playing NFL QB is all about anticipation, and Bortles had none today.