Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The ref crew today was awful.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 06:45 PM by Kotite.)

They were not the reason we lost, but there are few things worse than bad officating. I did not have the luxury of tv angles, but I saw a bunch of plays that seemed to be really poorly called.

- The fumble which was called back due to being called dead for forward progress. Why would you call forward progress at the beginning of an open field tackle in the first place? That Gus challenged it even though he couldn't just called more attention to how horrible a call it was.

- No call on Josh Norman vs. AR15 for PI when Robinson is literally trying to get back to the ball and the defender makes no move to play on the ball.

- No call on Josh Norman for taunting when he clearly did.

- Defensive holding on I believe Colvin vs. Ginn (I think) where it looked like the WR just did a swim move to get position and he did so unimpeded.

Losing sucks on its own all by itself. Bad officiating just makes it that much worse.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I totally agree. some of these calls was insane. Young getting his helmet ripped off him and no flag was just sick.

It was bad. The Jags would have lost anyway. The offense waS not ready.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Our coaches suck. Our players suck. I just know that I won't be buying beer on game day since there won't be anything to enjoy after this one.

At least they also screwed Carolina on a few calls/spots, usually it's kind of one sided. 

You have to be a real team to get better officiating.  We melted from the kick off to the final play.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Refs are always awful

Quote:At least they also screwed Carolina on a few calls/spots, usually it's kind of one sided.

Yes, they did.

That Greg Olson td, I never saw any offensive pi. That was a gift from the officials.

The stop on Cams qb sneak, he was over the line by half a body length.

For once, they were bad for both teams in equal measure.

Both sides got bad calls. Shouldn't use it as an excuse.

Quote:They were not the reason we lost, but there are few things worse than bad officating. I did not have the luxury of tv angles, but I saw a bunch of plays that seemed to be really poorly called.

- The fumble which was called back due to being called dead for forward progress. Why would you call forward progress at the beginning of an open field tackle in the first place? That Gus challenged it even though he couldn't just called more attention to how horrible a call it was.

- No call on Josh Norman vs. AR15 FOR PI when Robinson is literally trying to get back to the ball and the defender makes no move to play on the ball.

- No call on Josh Norman for taunting when he clearly did.

- Defensive holding on I believe Colvin vs. GINN (I think) where it looked like the WR just did a swim move to get position and he did so unimpeded.

Losing sucks on its own all by itself. Bad officiating just makes it that much worse.

Don't forget about the Non-Call Personal Foul - Hitting a Defenseless Receiver that put Greene in the Concussion program...

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Agreed. The refs don't get the blame for us losing but had the game been closer they would have. Some of the calls were just obvious and blatant misses.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Yes, they did.

That Greg Olson td, I never saw any offensive pi. That was a gift from the officials.

The stop on Cams qb sneak, he was over the line by half a body length.

For once, they were bad for both teams in equal measure.
Must be blind then! I saw Olsen lock his arm and push off before the catch.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Don't forget the second Bortles interception, a panther used his hands on sam young's face...Maybe the Jags would have lost anyway, but maybe not. The refs made the Jags look worse than what they are, just my opinion.
"it's only smellz"

- Rocco Siffredi

Phantom OPI on Olsen was sad, it was poorly officiated all the way around. Both teams got jipped.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Phantom OPI on Olsen was sad, it was poorly officiated all the way around. Both teams got jipped.

Yeah the bad officiating was a push.  It was pretty equal on both sides...

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 07:06 PM by jagmedic08.)

My favorite was when Sam Young had his helmet completely ripped off him on the 2nd INT. Pretty awesome the official turns away when an O-Line's helmet is flying through the air. Guess they have never heard of illegal hands to the face.

Also, I loved the throat punch that Hurns received when he fumbled and the numerous punches Bortles received after getting sacked by Charles Tillman (the play he twisted his knee on in the 1st half).

Stay classy Panthers!