Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Positives from today

Quote:The defense played pretty good even though we allowed a rag tag group of receivers to score on us.

The perfect example of why we don't win was the Poz interception. What a great chance to score points. All the offense did was good 2 yards backwards, then our all star kicker missed a FG.

And again, that's on coaching.

I was shaking my head because of exactly what you are saying!

We got a pick by Poz and momentum changed...

All well coached teams go for the jugular on the first offensive play after an interception like that...

What did we do????  We had 1 WR and went run heavy!!!

Our coaching staff sucks.  Don't tell me we don't have the talent.  We do.  We have numb-skullz that run this team.  Everyone knows that after a huge INT like that you go for the kill.  Everyone knows it but the Jaguars coaching staff.  UNREAL!  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If 1 reciever dropps 1 pass during the game, then yes...  It's on the receiver.

If the entire WR corps is dropping passes...  Then you gotta wonder what the heck is going on in practice...

After watching today's game I am definitely wondering what goes on in practice, drops included.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

At least Pete Carrol wasn't calling the late-game shots.  The lamebrain called an onside kick to start OT.

Quote:Titans looking like they are gonna sweep the division. Mariota (or at least the Titans offensive scheme) may be really good.

Yeah, well, when you have a staff that is looking to WIN instead of "get better" you have a sense of urgency...

That's the other think I didn't see today.  There was no sense by the offense that, OK we gotta produce right. now.  It just all looked so lacksidasical.  Like it really didn't matter.  I think there was more intensity by other team's during thier 4th pre-season game than we saw today in Week 1.

It was a terrible performance.  Just an aweful game by the Jaguars.  And it give me no sense of hope for next week.

Quote:The defense played pretty good even though we allowed a rag tag group of receivers to score on us.

The perfect example of why we don't win was the Poz interception. What a great chance to score points. All the offense did was good 2 yards backwards, then our all star kicker missed a FG.

If Telvin Smith blocks Olsen on that play, Poz runs it in. Not sure what he was doing.
;

;

Quote:-The defense held Carolina to 13 pts and 265 total yards.

-Yeldon was patient and looked good.

-Denard in the screen game. His hands are legit now...

-Hurns looked good out there. (minus the 1 drop) That catch before halftime...
don't forget the fumble from mr. hurns...

No one spilled my beer.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

Actually, I DO, (after contemplating it a bit) have a least one genuine positive to take away from this game; I look forward to the spin the paid franchise talking heads will try to put on this after the absolutely noisy 'slurping' sounds they made all year about how much better we'll be this season. Should be entertaining...

The good. We didn't get shutout, TJ Yeldon was solid,Dan Skuta was solid and Posluszny Int. The Bad Drops,Hurns,Green and Arob. Penalties,Turnovers,Bortles 2 Int and Hurns Fumble.Coaching lack of halftime adjustments, Wanting to challenge something that's obviously not reviewable.Special teams. Long punt return by Ted Ginn and missed Fg and Extra point.

here is a postive we are only 15 loses away from 0-16.  Wink

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:here is a postive we are only 15 loses away from 0-16.  Wink

snowwolf with the mad bantz.

But yeah, I agree.

More reason to watch college football. Top 5 pick incoming

I am positive it will be a long painful season.  A team that can catch the ball is going to gut our defense.  It looks like teams will run us over too.  I think our RT was a good pick up but there aren't enough players to make an impact on offense.  I am looking for the arrow to point up but all we continue to get is flatlines.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:More reason to watch college football. Top 5 pick incoming

That's probably why my son is such a big college football fan. We amateur scout on Saturday.
;

;

I didnt step on a rusty nail! Thats always good

I didn't fall off the upper deck and die. A positive.
;

;

Quote:That's probably why my son is such a big college football fan. We amateur scout on Saturday.

Well that fits right in with our amateur play on Sundays.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I didn't fall off the upper deck and die. A positive.
It is about the little things really.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Mariota has 3 TD passes..... In the first half

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 05:35 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Mariota has 3 TD passes..... In the first half

Yeah....hmm. At least the Texans don't have a QB either.