Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF Comparison for Jax v Car game

Found this interesting, great statistical break down of the match up as well. At this point it's really all we have to go on. Take a look if your interested.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/top...nt=3471137
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Found this interesting, great statistical break down of the match up as well. At this point it's really all we have to go on. Take a look if your interested.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/118177-panthers-jags-preview-and-analysis/?do=findComment&comment=3471137'>http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/118177-panthers-jags-preview-and-analysis/?do=findComment&comment=3471137</a>

While I enjoy some of the posts you've added this week. This is not one of them. Hard to use this statistical analysis to mean much for tomorrow's matchup.

Past performance is no guarantee of future success or failure.

Quote:While I enjoy some of the posts you've added this week. This is not one of them. Hard to use this statistical analysis to mean much for tomorrow's matchup.

No, but as I mentioned it's all we really have at this point. Still an interesting comparison, IMO.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Found this interesting, great statistical break down of the match up as well. At this point it's really all we have to go on. Take a look if your interested.

This will all be settled by about 4:15 Sunday afternoon, no matter what PFF says.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Seems like pretty useless data being that the postitions don't line up against each other and the fact it's based on last year, hard to believe Parnell graded out as average and Ted Gin and Brown are the same as Robinson and Hurns....lol!!!!!!!

[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:Seems like pretty useless data being that the postitions don't line up against each other and the fact it's based on last year, hard to believe Parnell graded out as average and Ted Gin and Brown are the same as Robinson and Hurns....lol!!!!!!!

Yea, Hurns being categorized as below average makes you wonder.  I am not as high on Hurns as other people. I think he will be a decent NFL player at the end of his career, but not Pro bowl Caliber (i do hope I am wrong and makes a few).  That being said, to label him as below average doesn't make sense, he is at worst an average receiver..  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 08:57 PM by B2hibry.)

While someone put some time into the spreadsheet, it has some noticeable flaws for both teams. Too many to detail. The game is tomorrow and we be able to see just how each of our teams has progressed or not.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:While I enjoy some of the posts you've added this week. This is not one of them. Hard to use this statistical analysis to mean much for tomorrow's matchup.

Good statistical data is almost always the best indicator of what to expect. The problem is that this isn't particularly good statistical data. How guys graded out as rookies playing on a team full of rookies doesn't tell anyone much about whether they'll play better as their career progresses. It's especially misleading for guys like Bortles and Alan Robinson as Bortles was a poorly prepared rookie that suffered behind the worst offensive line in the league and a corps of rookie receivers and Robinson only started something like 8 games and was injured for the last six just as his performance was climbing. Robinson going down for the year really hurt Bortles performance a lot, he was clearly the #1 WR for the Jaguars, and the other WRs didn't step up.

Before Robinson went down Bortles had thrown for 336, 159, 221, 247, and 290 yards with five TDs in the last five games that Robinson started. In the five games after Robinson went down Bortles threw for 146, 194, 205, 210, and 115 yards with three TDs over that span.

The team around Bortles just imploded last season, which is why keeping decent health along the offensive line and WRs is so critical this year, and it's utter [BLEEP] that Bortles already lost Julius Thomas for such an extended period. If the weapons are there and the protection is even just lower middle of the pack Bortles will perform, but it would have taken a real experienced elite level QB like Tom Brady to have made what Bortles had at the end of last season work even a little bit.

You think all these shiny stats matter, Ricky?  

Great statistical break down? The only statistics are age, height and weight. The rest are just labels and colors.

My favorite part was the "elite" ranking for Thomas Davis.

Thanks. Hilarious read.

A couple corrections. As well as Blake looks he should move up from POOR to AVERAGE, and as well as Colvin has looked he should move up NOT RANKED to at least GOOD.

'02

Quote:My favorite part was the "elite" ranking for Thomas Davis.

Thanks. Hilarious read.

He should probably just be VERY GOOD.

'02

Yea so the "stats" are soooo accurate they don't even know Bortles age. They have him listed as 24 years old even thought he just turned 23 like 4 months ago. What a joke!

Games aren't played on paper. They're played in television sets.
Only a chump boos the home team!

heres a stat...

jags 35

panthers 17

"There are three types of lies in this world. Lies, damn lies and statistics."-Mark Twain.