Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Jones and Mike Peterson

Greg and Mike are intern assistant coaches at RB and LB respectively. Was this common knowledge? Someone asked Gus about Greg Jones coaching the LBs prompting me to look this up. I had no idea until just now read this article from six weeks ago...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/23d920d10...ng-interns

This is encouraging. Greg Jones was the ultimate FB in his prime, and Mike Peterson was just about the best pure tacking machines I've ever seen capable of consistently stuffing RBs for no more than a one-yard gain. I rank Peterson as a Jaguars LB ahead of Kevin Hardy and Daryl Smith.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like Peterson left about a month ago.

I saw Greg Jones at training camp, but not since.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:This is encouraging. Greg Jones was the ultimate FB in his prime
Good thing we have so many great fullbacks that can benefit from his knowledge. Tongue

Nah, he was a beast at FSU. Grant could learn a thing or two about taking a hit from him.

Quote:Good thing we have so many great fullbacks that can benefit from his knowledge. Tongue

Nah, he was a beast at FSU. Grant could learn a thing or two about taking a hit from him.

LOL

'02

Smith > Peterson
No one is safe.

Quote:Smith > Peterson

Not even close. Sorry. I loved Darryl, but this is just wrong. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

losing Peterson is when our stout defense immediately went into question mark mode for years

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I love Daryl Smith, but Peterson was more of a playmaker.

So they are learning how to coach.  This is special because?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

No?

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

If anybody thinks Smith was better than Peterson then they don't know football.

Mike Pete played with an attitude, and would make diving interceptions, and just knock guys out.

Smith was more of a quiet player that was fundamentally sound. Tim Duncan if you will.

Quote:If anybody thinks Smith was better than Peterson then they don't know football.

Mike Pete played with an attitude, and would make diving interceptions, and just knock guys out.

Smith was more of a quiet player that was fundamentally sound. Tim Duncan if you will.

sounds like you also may not know football as well as you think you do.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I saw Greg Jones at training camp, but not since.

I saw him on the sidelines behind Gus during one of the preseason games.

Quote:If anybody thinks Smith was better than Peterson then they don't know football.

As in Tim Duncan the place kicker? Surely not Tim Duncan, the 5 time NBA champion, arguably best power forward of all time, though severely underrated, precisely because of his quiet, fundamentally sound style.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Mike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daryl.

Hardy > Mike Pete

[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

They both want to be coaches. There was a story about it a few months ago during training camp. Mike was helping the younger guys out, but Greg was very quiet and didn't want to disrupt anything, lol. They were just hear to learn and take notes.

Two of my favorite jaguars. They're classic.

Mike Pete had a legit DPOY for us and was robber by Urlacher.