Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(sigh) Tiger, Tiger, Tiger...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-cen...ers-arrest

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">This is rock bottom, the early-morning arrest and the disturbing mug shot and the uncomfortable sense that the man who once had everything – fame, power, the admiration of sports fans everywhere – now seems at a personal and professional crossroads, lost and in need of help.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">Details are still scarce about <a class="" href='http://www.golfchannel.com/topics/people/tiger-woods.htm'>Tiger Woods</a>’ arrest Monday after being charged with driving under the influence. Jail records and news reports show that Woods, recovering from surgery, was arrested around 3 a.m., booked at 7:18 a.m., and released shortly before 11 a.m. His agent, Mark Steinberg, has not responded to a request for comment, but a police report with more information should become available Tuesday.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">There’s a good chance the next 24 hours will be even more humiliating for the 41-year-old father of two, and so the overwhelming feeling here is one of profound sadness.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">Sad because one of the most recognizable athletes on the planet has been reduced to this new low.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">Sad because the most dominant golfer ever has been betrayed by his body, and undone by his ego, and his competitive future is a mystery.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">Sad because he needs support, and guidance, and it’s unclear who will provide it.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">Sad because he has meant so much to so many, because he has touched so many lives, and his fall from grace has been staggering.

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(50,50,50);">“It’s embarrassing for Tiger,” said <a class="" href='http://www.golfchannel.com/topics/people/notah-begay-iii.htm'>Notah Begay III</a>, one of Woods’ closest friends. “It’s something that you can’t go back and change.”...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Off the deep end, that's for sure

It seems as though he's going through a 'rough' patch.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

That was some 9 iron Elin hit him with.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

[Image: C7_S0ouq_VAAANACj.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Tiger's "Rock Bottom" is like the Gabbert era with the Jags, there are many variations on what people think is their Rock Bottom.  Personally, I think when it was revealed that he was paying chicks from everywhere to have sex with him on tour while his wife was home taking care of 2 kids was pretty much rock bottom.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

He just needs to PUTT this behind him and DRIVE on forwards.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 04:02 PM by rollerjag.)

Passed a breathalyzer, explained being asleep at the wheel of a parked, but running, car as an unexpected reaction to prescription medications.

Been there, done that. It may be giving him the benefit of the doubt may be justified.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Is a DWI just as bad as a DUI?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

[Image: axboxone-sports-tiger-woods-m17-pga-tour...829490.png]

As more details come out about this incident, the more convinced I am that this was a bad drug interaction and not some reckless intentional behavior on Tiger's part.

All of the reports talk about him not being completely aware of where he is, wearing clothing that would most commonly be something he'd sleep in.  When they pulled up on him, he was asleep at the wheel.  I know from experience, a family member of mine was on Ambien, and 99% of the time it did the job without any issues, but there were rare occasions when the drug would cause hallucinations, sleep walking, and behavior very similar to what has been reported here.  It was significant enough that this person stopped taking the meds for fear they'd walk out of the house, hop in the car, and do something similar to what Woods did. 

Tiger ain't no saint, but with the recent back surgeries and the medication required for that, this could end up being something he had very little control over. 

All of the initial reports turned out to be false, including his behavior and him refusing to do a Breathalyzer. He did the Breathalyzer, and blew zeros, and the police reports indicate he was compliant and cooperative.  The media pounced on this immediately and half the stuff they reported beyond him being arrested were false.  TMZ is one of the worst when it comes to trying to get the story out first whether it's right or not.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As more details come out about this incident, the more convinced I am that this was a bad drug interaction and not some reckless intentional behavior on Tiger's part.

All of the reports talk about him not being completely aware of where he is, wearing clothing that would most commonly be something he'd sleep in.  When they pulled up on him, he was asleep at the wheel.  I know from experience, a family member of mine was on Ambien, and 99% of the time it did the job without any issues, but there were rare occasions when the drug would cause hallucinations, sleep walking, and behavior very similar to what has been reported here.  It was significant enough that this person stopped taking the meds for fear they'd walk out of the house, hop in the car, and do something similar to what Woods did. 

Tiger ain't no saint, but with the recent back surgeries and the medication required for that, this could end up being something he had very little control over. 

All of the initial reports turned out to be false, including his behavior and him refusing to do a Breathalyzer. He did the Breathalyzer, and blew zeros, and the police reports indicate he was compliant and cooperative.  The media pounced on this immediately and half the stuff they reported beyond him being arrested were false.  TMZ is one of the worst when it comes to trying to get the story out first whether it's right or not.

I hope the Tiger camp goes after TMZ the way Hulk Hogan went after Gawker. TMZ's initial "report" also said the officer saw Tiger swerving all over the road too. Sad "journalism".

Quote:I hope the Tiger camp goes after TMZ the way Hulk Hogan went after Gawker. TMZ's initial "report" also said the officer saw Tiger swerving all over the road too. Sad "journalism".
Yeah, I saw that initial report  I think they made some assumptions based on the fact that it sounds like the car had sustained some damage somewhere along his 20 mile route.

Tiger should hire Hogan's attorney and really go on the attack because the way this was portrayed in the first day after the arrest was pretty horrible.  They reported alcohol on the breath, arrogant behavior, resisting, and all sorts of crap that just wasn't true. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017, 12:49 PM by DARKSTAR.)

2 flat tires and damage to the front and back bumper

thought he was driving from LA California

now, that's some good [BAD WORD REMOVED] that he was taking.  I need some of that just as long as i'm locked in a room with rubber walls

perhaps they need pull a hair follicle and test it for a hallucinogen

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Sounds to me like he had a nice prescription cocktail and was out cold.

We can hope the mixing of whatever he was taking was an accident.

Whether it was or wasn't, hopefully this is a wakeup call for him.

He could easily have killed himself (and others) in a head on/wrong way collision, or ended up at the bottom of a pond.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:As more details come out about this incident, the more convinced I am that this was a bad drug interaction and not some reckless intentional behavior on Tiger's part.

Ambien is no joke. I took it once and hallucinated so bad it was unbelievable. Come to find out I have that reaction with all prescription sleep meds but Ambien was the worst

That dash cam footage is hard to watch. I am worried about Tiger.

Quote:That dash cam footage is hard to watch. I am worried about Tiger.
I am a avid golf fan and grew with this guy as my idol. So this truly sucks to watch. He did more for golf in my in my generation than anyone i have witnessed so far coming up. Being 27, my dad would tell e about Jack and Arnold, but it's like hearing a myth compared to watching a legend unfold i guess. I remember being 11 and making my pops stand 4 holes out in front of his grouping on the tee box at TPC just so i could get the exact spot i wanted to be right next to him before his tee off. Sucks to see him like this and i hope he finds what ever help he needs.

Quote:I am a avid golf fan and grew with this guy as my idol. So this truly sucks to watch. He did more for golf in my in my generation than anyone i have witnessed so far coming up. Being 27, my dad would tell e about Jack and Arnold, but it's like hearing a myth compared to watching a legend unfold i guess. I remember being 11 and making my pops stand 4 holes out in front of his grouping on the tee box at TPC just so i could get the exact spot i wanted to be right next to him before his tee off. Sucks to see him like this and i hope he finds what ever help he needs.

Yep, people quickly forget what he did for golf and are quick to kick a man when he is down. Guys weren't playing for 1M 1st place purses before Tiger came along.

Hopefully his back gets better and he can steal another green jacket one year.