Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles ranked 23rd by NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...sf12966187

Someone who seems to know a bit more than just the numbers. He's listed at the 23rd beat starting QB around the same group as Dalton, Cutler, and Foles. Finally someone who sees Carr isn't as impressive as he's hyped.

I can agree with it. I think he'll finish the season higher, but it's nice to see more and more people starting to realize our players are better than most think.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I put my money on him finishing top 15.

Bortles stats aren't the only thing people should look at. Bortles has the better arm than Carr, he is more accurate and can throw the deep ball. Bortles stats tell you that the OL was bad and the WR's were young and inexperienced. 

After last year, you could argue it is a little high. But Rosenthal has been higher on Bortles than most other national guys. I am interested in seeing where he ends the year. I tend to agree with Sosa, in that it will be top half of the league.

Carr will be a "safe" QB for years which is good by Oaklands standards but I don't think he has a high ceiling.

Quote:I put my money on him finishing top 15.

Are you insane, man???

That would bump Can't Newton out of mediocrity. That of course CAN NOT happen.

Quote:After last year, you could argue it is a little high. But Rosenthal has been higher on Bortles than most other national guys. I am interested in seeing where he ends the year. I tend to agree with Sosa, in that it will be top half of the league.
I was thinking the same thing. I was kind of surprised he was listed in that middle-ish area even though I have faith he'll be better than that.

Most writers, outside of Prisco, remain steadfast that we are a 3-13 team......until we're not.

For now, its fair.

He was great in preseason (just like last year), now he has to be our leader for the  full season.

Its ok Jags fans, one day your QB of the future will come.

Quote:Its ok Jags fans, one day your QB of the future will come.
Yours too...

No, we have him. Thanks though.

You're still here?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

[Image: NuPQVui.gif]

Quote:Yours too...

"Get Better Everyday"

It's a fair ranking right now.  He's got to prove it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You're still here?

Someone has to remind you what's coming

Quote:Yours too...

So witty. Our QB is eleventh coming off an injury riddled season with a terrible OL half the season?

Bwahahahaha
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:So witty. Our QB is eleventh coming off an injury riddled season with a terrible OL half the season?

Bwahahahaha

Let's see how things shake out this week.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM by enigma.)

Quote:So witty. Our QB is eleventh coming off an injury riddled season with a terrible OL half the season?

Bwahahahaha
You might not have a team left if he keeps leading with a right hook and not his head.

[Image: utqzbiz4jfttrnx8x7jh.jpg]

Quote:Let's see how things shake out this week.

Works for me. I've said before that I like Bortles.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo