Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles ranked 23rd by NFL

Quote:You might not have a team left if he keeps leading with a right hook and not his head.

[Image: utqzbiz4jfttrnx8x7jh.jpg]

Brothers fight, doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[quote name="enigma" post="535400" timestamp="1441923636"]You might not have a team left if he keeps leading with a right hook and not his head.

[Image: utqzbiz4jfttrnx8x7jh.jpg][/quote

He's even got that creepy cam newton smile when he's on the football field ear-holing dudes? Friggin weird man.

[quote name="Treestone Ice" post="535422" timestamp="1441924557"]

[quote name="enigma" post="535400" timestamp="1441923636"]You might not have a team left if he keeps leading with a right hook and not his head.

[Image: utqzbiz4jfttrnx8x7jh.jpg][/quote

He's even got that creepy cam newton smile when he's on the football field ear-holing dudes? Friggin weird man.[/quote]

That he smiles?

Why is he smiling?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM by Bortles2Blackmon.)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...sf12972728

They talk about Bridgewater first and after Blake Bortles. I love how he is under the radar and some people think he will rise in this league. "pulled off 5 or 6 plays every game that other QB's can't make"

Quote:[/quote

He's even got that creepy cam newton smile when he's on the football field ear-holing dudes? Friggin weird man.

When I first saw that it jumped straight into my head. Same smile during interviews, commercials, etc. Seems kind of psycho.
Huh

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...sf12972728

They talk about Bridgewater first and after Blake Bortles. I love how he is under the radar and some people think he will rise in this league. "pulled off 5 or 6 plays every game that other QB's can't make"

Greg Rosenthall knows talent when he sees it, and is right on the money here. This is part of a segment asking which young qb has a shot at making it into the top 10. He should rank in the top 20 once people get a look at him in the regular season, and if he takes this team to new levels the sky is the limit.

'02

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...sf12966187

Someone who seems to know a bit more than just the numbers. He's listed at the 23rd beat starting QB around the same group as Dalton, Cutler, and Foles. Finally someone who sees Carr isn't as impressive as he's hyped.

I can agree with it. I think he'll finish the season higher, but it's nice to see more and more people starting to realize our players are better than most think.

I think many have rated (and some even counted out) Bortles poorly due to his rookie season stats and performance, but they fail to look at all the factors that led to those things.  The biggest one being the horrible Oline performance.  I mean it was so bad that both Chad Henne & Blake Bortles took some punishment and proved their toughness.  The Oline was horrible and it didn't help the run game which was also poor causing the team to be very one dimensional to opposing teams game planning.  It is the reason why the Jaguars had the worst offense and why the OC was fired.  This year the team has the best OLine coach in the NFL and it has showed.   The coaching Bortles got in the offseason on his mechanics combined with OC Olson's gameplan fitting better around Bortles strengths.  The offense should be exciting this year (as long as they can remain healthy & get Thomas back quickly)!

It will probably start off slow maybe only 20 points against the Panther or less, but a little more each week as the Oline gets stronger together & the whole offense gets into rhythm.

I liek Gregg Rosenthal. He actually does his job and watches every snap of a player. A lot of the guys in the media are blowing hot air.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...of-the-nfl

The next generation team by Pete Prisco

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I liek Gregg Rosenthal. He actually does his job and watches every snap of a player. A lot of the guys in the media are blowing hot air.

I like the Around the NFL podcast he does with Chris Wessling and Marc Sessler.
;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 07:30 AM by StitchJones.)

I like Blake.... he just needs to go out and prove he's 'the guy' during the regular season now. Last seasons awful stats were no doubt heavily influenced by the remarkably poor performance of our o-line and a bunch of rookie receivers. Those issues have been addressed and shouldn't be as bad this season plus we have one of the easier schedules around. Blake has had a full off season of working on his throwing mechanics so we'll see if it pays off now. 

It's put up or shut up time...

Quote:Why is he smiling?

That's his yogurt eating smile.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I think many have rated (and some even counted out) Bortles poorly due to his rookie season stats and performance, but they fail to look at all the factors that led to those things.  The biggest one being the horrible Oline performance.
I think what a lot of people forget as well is that Bortles was known before the draft to be a player who wasn't ready to start year one. They're damning him based on a year that he wasn't actually expected to do anything trickier than hold a clipboard and clean up in blowout wins (ha!).

Quote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...of-the-nfl

Didn't expect to see Brady Quinn again. 

Quote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...of-the-nfl

This is awesome. I saw one qb ranking lately where they had Teddy Bridgewater at #14 and Blake Bortles at #28. It makes sense for people to rank Teddy over Blake considering he's consistently put up better stats both last year and in this year's preseason, but when you actually watch them play it becomes easier to understand why Prisco would name Blake, and not Teddy, as part of his next gen team.

'02