Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wait what happened to McCray?

Quote:I don't actually. I was mocking his post.
You didnt do a very good job at it, McCray didnt get beat deep much at all last year.  Gratz on the other hand it seemed like every other game he gave up a big play

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe Gratz is the better Nickelback and they thought he'd me more of use? I guess Colvin and House are just that good on the outside. We're about to have the best secondary in the NFL if McCray is still the same player and just got beat out. 
I agree, Im pulling for Gratz.  Hopefully he has improved a good bit for the reason him moving up in the depth chart and not a McCray injury

Quote:You didnt do a very good job at it, McCray didnt get beat deep much at all last year. Gratz on the other hand it seemed like every other game he gave up a big play

He did such a great job he lost his starting job and is now 4th string.

Something in-house that they dont care to disclose happened. Up until Gus announced the change it looked like Mccray was the starter

Strange for McCray, because I don't remember Gratz at all in preseason. Guess that's good in a sense.

Maybe that knee on McCray isn't back to 100% because he sure did look terrible against Wash.

Apparently he has been the best at 1 on 1's this off-season and training camp. They like his progress and how he has matured as a player. The guy isn't that bad, he got burned deep a few times, but he also had a pick six. I think he picked off Weeden back in 2013 as well if i'm not mistaken. 

The only way that McCray is not the starter is that he has a drug/zombie problem.

Sorry, but that's the bottom line.

McCray is light years above Gratz. 

Gratz had a drunken bubble-gum haze and is still above McCray?

McCray must have gone on a Bath Saltz binge and eaten Scobee's right cheek, which caused us to trade Scobee in order to not infect the rest of the team with the virus.

There is no other reasonable explanation.

McCray's performance last year, and even during the pre-season is by far better than Gratz...  There's no way anyone can see this move as anything but a joke or smoke screen for the beginning of the season.

We are pretending that Gratz is better in order to dupe the opponents into thinking we love to play our CB's 10 yards off the LOS.

Quote:Apparently he has been the best at 1 on 1's this off-season and training camp. They like his progress and how he has matured as a player. The guy isn't that bad, he got burned deep a few times, but he also had a pick six. I think he picked off Weeden back in 2013 as well if i'm not mistaken. 

LOL, atta boy...  Yes, we are in agreement.

Clearly Gratz is probably the best CB we have...  All of his work prior to this offseason was just a set up to what we are about to see...

(Shhhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone how bad he actually plays in regular season games)

Quote:Didn't we open training camp with McCray and House the starters? I know Colvin then took over McCrays spot meaning McCray would now be 3rd and on nickel.

But now I read today that Gratz has taken over McCrays spot and is the new 3rd corner? I'm so confused... When did this happen and why? What's going on with McCray?

He is who we thought he was an average CB.  Not to knock McCray, because he has potential to improve but so many fans on these message boards were talking him up like he was Revis or something.

I personally like the fact that Head Coach Gus Bradley rewards hard work and gives positions to the best player at that role.  I think he gets it wrong at times, and who knows maybe he is wrong in putting Gratz above McCray but if I was the DC that is what I wouldve done so...

I wasn't very impressed with our secondary during preseason, so I'll wait to judge until the season starts. So this talk of great secondary has me scratching my head. I don't think this is a smart move but we will see.

That has been a problem since HC Gus Bradley designed his defense (the same as the one he had created in Seattle) as a Zone Blitz Cover 3 stop the run first kind of scheme.   It relies on a great FS that cover the back field like a center fielder which he was blessed to have in Seattle but hasn't had & hopes to have in Sergio Brown.  It also requires a great short/strong safety to aid in stopping the run and playing more on the line.  A lot of critics of Cyprien felt that Sample was brought in as competition to make Cyprien play better.  It also requires very strong CBs to man handle the receivers at the line (a lot of press coverage, or blitz at times), which I feel the team still struggles in the CB dept.  I would expect that this years 1st round draft has to be a DB probably a CB!

I had completely forgotten about the gum thing.

People hold on to stuff for too long. Need some current season smack.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:I wasn't very impressed with our secondary during preseason, so I'll wait to judge until the season starts. So this talk of great secondary has me scratching my head. I don't think this is a smart move but we will see.

I agree. My eyes don't see anything that says this is even close to a "great secondary." Hopefully I'm wrong, just have to wait and see (although, I don't think Carolina's WR group should be much test at all for the Jags secondary,, their wr are pathetic).

I think McCray got seriously overhyped. I mean, he wasn't that bad. Gratz' play last season just made him look much better. McCray did not look good in the last preseason game, IMO.

Quote:The only way that McCray is not the starter is that he has a drug/zombie problem.

Sorry, but that's the bottom line.

McCray is light years above Gratz. 

Gratz had a drunken bubble-gum haze and is still above McCray?

McCray must have gone on a Bath Saltz binge and eaten Scobee's right cheek, which caused us to trade Scobee in order to not infect the rest of the team with the virus.

There is no other reasonable explanation.

This seems to me to be the only logical explanation.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I think the Jaguars Offense is most likely to succeed compared to the Jaguars Defense this year which is sad since the Head Coach is supposed to be a Defensive Guru.

The DLine is injured, 3rd overall pick got injured on his first try in camp, and Marks isnt ready for the first few weeks as we had hoped.  Without Marks very little pass rush will occur from the middle, and Cyprien is playing with a cast & Sample only recently came back off of the injured list.  If Chris Clemons isnt at a 100% this defense might let up a lot of points against the Panthers....

I think the Offense should do well especially at running to the outside with Grant & D-Rob, and short passes to Allen Robinson.