Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 05:41 PM by JagsFan1.)

Gratz gets a lot of hate on this board lol. It's like when some seemed mad that he caused the fumble last yr and not Colvin lol. He had a solid rookie yr then a below average second yr then McCray took over. As a Gratz fan it's Good to see he moved up. Now just show it on the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gratz will always be the guy that tried to pay with bubblegum #legend.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Gratz gets a lot of hate on this board lol. It's like when some seemed mad that he caused the fumble last yr and not Colvin lol. He had a solid rookie yr then a below average second yr then McCray took over. As a Gratz fan it's Good to see he moved up. Now just show it on the field.

I don't think it's hate... I that term, in my opinion, is a lazy deflection.

I think those of us that are skeptical of gratz just put more emphasis on last year than on the pre season and training camp.

With that said, it's great to hear about the improvement gratz made this off-season. It's just that we as fans don't see all the pre-season work that is being put in.

Here's hoping gratz can translate his work to regular season games. If he is indeed now better than McCray was, we have a top 5 secondary at the least.

Quote:I don't think it's hate... I that term, in my opinion, is a lazy deflection.

I think those of us that are skeptical of gratz just put more emphasis on last year than on the pre season and training camp.

With that said, it's great to hear about the improvement gratz made this off-season. It's just that we as fans don't see all the pre-season work that is being put in.

Here's hoping gratz can translate his work to regular season games. If he is indeed now better than McCray was, we have a top 5 secondary at the least.
Young players develop. To  [BLEEP] a young player based only on what they did last year is discrediting the impact that development can have on a player's performance.

Quote:Young players develop. To [BAD WORD REMOVED] a young player based only on what they did last year is discrediting the impact that development can have on a player's performance.

As a said, if gratz put in the work and has eclipsed McCray, that's great. And I'm pulling for him.

But I just would hope that if things go south, the coaching staff reacts quickly....

Quote:Gratz gets a lot of hate on this board lol. It's like when some seemed mad that he caused the fumble last yr and not Colvin lol. He had a solid rookie yr then a below average second yr then McCray took over. As a Gratz fan it's Good to see he moved up. Now just show it on the field.

The hate is well justified. I took to having to defend McCray at one point vs NFL fans that refused to believe the Jaguars has anything in the way of decent CBs. They took to showing me film of WR and WR burning and abusing Jaguars CBs, only what I was quick to point out was that the culprit in virtually all of those plays was not McCray...it was Gratz.

I felt great at the time knowing Gratz was merely our dime CB especially since he can tackle in the run game well, but hearing about Gratz being our outside CB in the nickel makes me a tad uneasy. I'm trusting Gus really sees something in Gratz where he's turned the corner and is simply much better. In part I think its just a hunch of his and he's doing this mostly to get a better look at where Gratz is right now. I feel it's only a matter of time until McCray is back in the outside nickel role, but we shall see.

'02

Quote:Sorry when I previewed it before posting appeared like it would be ok

Gratz rated 3rd best in NFL at his position however former Jag Blackmon is right behind him at 4th

1Alterraun Verner

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2Prince Amukamara

New York Giants

3Dwayne Gratz

Jacksonville Jaguars

4Will Blackmon

Seattle Seahawks

5Aqib Talib

Denver Broncos

6Captain Munnerlyn

Minnesota Vikings

7Antoine Cason

Free Agent

8Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks

9Josh Robinson

Minnesota Vikings

10Lardarius Webb

Baltimore Ravens

He is pretty good

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 12:26 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:The hate is well justified. I took to having to defend McCray at one point vs NFL fans that refused to believe the Jaguars has anything in the way of decent CBs. They took to showing me film of WR and WR burning and abusing Jaguars CBs, only what I was quick to point out was that the culprit in virtually all of those plays was not McCray...it was Gratz.

I felt great at the time knowing Gratz was merely our dime CB especially since he can tackle in the run game well, but hearing about Gratz being our outside CB in the nickel makes me a tad uneasy. I'm trusting Gus really sees something in Gratz where he's turned the corner and is simply much better. In part I think its just a hunch of his and he's doing this mostly to get a better look at where Gratz is right now. I feel it's only a matter of time until McCray is back in the outside nickel role, but we shall see.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">What do you think is the likelyhood that the defensive philosphy of playing one CB off the LOS and going in reverse at the snap is a scheme they wish to continue?

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">I know that might sound stupid...  But, I'm just trying to rationalize why Gratz would be the outside corner on nickle situations...  If they feel that they press 3/4 of the field, while allowing Gratz to play off the LOS as a scheme---knowing the safety up top will help Gratz, it would allow Gratz to focus on the run help knowing that instead of focusing on the WR, he's looking into the backfield to help support the run...

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">That to me, is the only reason why Gratz would be the CB in nickel packages...  He's run support and not concerned too much with coverage...  

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Again, this is me not having the benefit of the doubt in regards to how well he's improved in coverage during this off-season and pre-season.   Maybe he's gotten really good at press coverage as well.  I hope that is it.  But I think there's also a chance that the coaches see Gratz's strengths as something to help shore up a weak run D that we witnessed during the pre-season...

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Man...   I just can't wait till Sunday...  We'll have alot more answers around 4PM EDT...

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Go Jags!!!!

02, when did you get married? My guess is your wife is really hot and has given you some much unjustified confidence, because you sound amazingly smart.

Of course, the Jaguars, an NFL team keeps no tape on EVERYTHING THE PLAYERS DO EVERY SECOND ON THE FIELD. Gus is playing mind games man. He knows 02 has the absolute evaluation of his personnel. Do you step back and think how silly you sound.

Us academics believe in deferring to expertise on specific subject matters. My guess is you are not well read, though passionate about our team. You are not a coach or scout. You are a freaking fan. You know NOTHING about what actually goes on inside the Bank.

Gratz is 3 according to Gus. Questioning his take BEFORE SEEING ONE SNAP OF LIVE REAL FOOTBALL makes me wonder what could possibly be floating in your mind. Are you okay man? I genuinely like you but do you stop and think...

NOT SURPRISINGLY HOWEVER, YOU ARE A MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM

#BECAUSE DAMN JAGUARS
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Gratz is 3 according to Gus. Questioning his take BEFORE SEEING ONE SNAP OF LIVE REAL FOOTBALL makes me wonder what could possibly be floating in your mind.

I'm not questioning his take that Gratz has rightfully moved into the #3 spot. I'm merely speculating on the circumstances of the move. It was beyond obvious that McCray was playing much better than Gratz last year, and I'm positive nobody anywhere will disagree with that much. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the competition isn't over and that McCray might re-assert himself down the road.

I'm anxious to see Gratz shut down WRs out of the gate proving he's even better than what we saw in McCray last year. With any luck he'll keep it all season long, but I don't see McCray going down without a fight. The only thing I'm questioning here is if Gratz will still have a secure hold on the role come mid-season.

'02

Quote:I'm not questioning his take that Gratz has rightfully moved into the #3 spot. I'm merely speculating on the circumstances of the move. It was beyond obvious that McCray was playing much better than Gratz last year, and I'm positive nobody anywhere will disagree with that much. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the competition isn't over and that McCray might re-assert himself down the road.

I'm anxious to see Gratz shut down WRs out of the gate proving he's even better than what we saw in McCray last year. With any luck he'll keep it all season long, but I don't see McCray going down without a fight. The only thing I'm questioning here is if Gratz will still have a secure hold on the role come mid-season.
Just like it was beyond obvious McCray was the best CB this off season.

It's funny how clueless some of you really are that think you have some sort of grasp on player evaluation.

Quote:Just like it was beyond obvious McCray was the best CB this off season.

It's funny how clueless some of you really are that think you have some sort of grasp on player evaluation.

It was tough to get much a read on CBs this offseason although several noted McCray's struggles in the fourth game. Are you in some way doubting that McCray looked far better last year? Are you seriously doubting what I said there?

'02