Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING

Quote:Or maybe that the Jags believe his overall skills(run and pass) are 3rd because his pass coverage skills are not as good as House or Colvin

I certainly wouldn't rule out that possibility.   But it will be interesting to see what transpires with the Jags CB situation in the coming weeks.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 03:51 PM by ukjag34.)

I thought the gratz being a good run defender was common knowledge

He pretty regularly beats his man to make tackles on outside runs

Issue is he sucks in coverage

Quote:  I certainly wouldn't rule out that possibility.   But it will be interesting to see what transpires with the Jags CB situation in the coming weeks.  
It will be interesting to see how the play of QB, O line, WR, D line, and  Safety play out over the next over the next 5 weeks. We will then know if this team has made the improvements most good NFL teams make in 3rd year of rebuild.

Quote:I thought the gratz being a good run defender was common knowledge

He pretty regularly beats his man to make tackles on outside runs

Issue is he sucks in coverage
Jags have certainly talked him up but I didn't think he was 3rd out of 64 if you don't count nickel CB's

Quote:It will be interesting to see how the play of QB, O line, WR, D line, and  Safety play out over the next over the next 5 weeks. We will then know if this team has made the improvements most good NFL teams make in 3rd year of rebuild.

I think going into the regular season,  the Jaguars are in good shape at QB,  WR,  and 3/5 of the Offensive Line  ( C, RG, and RT ).   The Jags also have at least some good pieces on the Defensive Line.   I have been a fan of Ryan Davis for instance every since the latter part of the 2013 season when he caused havoc in a couple of games.   With the other positions you mentioned,  I'm taking a wait and see approach.   I still believe the Jags greatest challenge this season is to generate a consistent pass rush.  

Quote:  I wonder if that was because of the missed practice time or because he has truly fallen behind on the depth chart?

It sort of reminds me of the Marlon McCree situation with Del Rio. He kept sliding down the depth chart and was eventually released and nobody really ever knew why.

Not sure about the accuracy of that tweet, unless McCray is out due to injury/ailment.

If Colvin moves inside on 3rd, next in line on his side is McCray then Marshall.

Gratz is first backup on House's side of the field, then Marshall.

Surely you wouldn't want Marshall in unless dime, so the only way I see that as legit is if McCray can't go (that would put Marshiall next man up, which makes Gratz the better choice.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

But, wasn't McCray supposedly a beast? Wasn't he the next Darrelle Revis? Way better than Colvin?

It would be a tremendous thought that perhaps McCray is just being outplayed by the other 3. If this is the real reason, we are going to have a lot of good corners.

Quote:It sort of reminds me of the Marlon McCree situation with Del Rio. He kept sliding down the depth chart and was eventually released and nobody really ever knew why.

Regarding the Marlon McCree situation,  do you recall if any of the Jaguars Defensive Assistant Coaches, directly associated with the Defensive Backs, changed from the previous season?    I'm including the Defensive Coordinator,  DB Coach,  and any Assistant DB Coaches.

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if Gratz was suddenly good.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Gus must have a personal beef with him because he's the best corner on the team and now he's bench it doesn't make any sense. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

neat

Gus must have a personal beef with him because he's the best corner on the team and now he's bench it doesn't make any sense.

Doesnt seem like Gus style which is usually about on field grade not personal

Quote:But, wasn't McCray supposedly a beast? Wasn't he the next Darrelle Revis? Way better than Colvin?
Way better than Colvin? I never heard this sentiment...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:What's up with McCray? Did he forget how to play football or something?

He's Blackmon/Sanders fall guy?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Superb Owl CONFIRMED :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Did you just call in a quad nuke with Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke. With Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Ninja Pro. Famas, red dot sight, and akimbo rafficas.

On Scrapyard.

Did I miss anything

^^^^Love that game. Still play it

He'd better be good against the run; he can't find a receiver with a GPS tracker.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.