Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GRATZ In TOP 10 CORNERBACKS PFF RUN DEFENSE RATING

Quote:^^^^Love that game. Still play it

I have an Xbox One but im getting a 360 again so i can play it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did you just call in a quad nuke with Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke. With Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Ninja Pro. Famas, red dot sight, and akimbo rafficas.

On Scrapyard.

Did I miss anything

Ahh good ol Famas. Haven't played that in a while. Wish COD would ditch all the futuristic stuff.

On topic, maybe McCray moved down the depth chart for week 1 because we're expecting the Panthers to run the ball a ton and Gratz is better on run support. Idk, just a thought.

Quote:Ahh good ol Famas. Haven't played that in a while. Wish COD would ditch all the futuristic stuff.

On topic, maybe McCray moved down the depth chart for week 1 because we're expecting the Panthers to run the ball a ton and Gratz is better on run support. Idk, just a thought.

It was hard to top MW2.

Quote: 

Sorry when I previewed it before posting appeared like it would be ok

Gratz rated 3rd best in NFL at his position however former Jag Blackmon is right behind him at 4th

<div> 

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1Alterraun Verner
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2Prince Amukamara
New York Giants
3Dwayne Gratz
Jacksonville Jaguars
4Will Blackmon
Seattle Seahawks
5Aqib Talib
Denver Broncos
6Captain Munnerlyn
Minnesota Vikings
7Antoine Cason
Free Agent
8Richard Sherman
Seattle Seahawks
9Josh Robinson
Minnesota Vikings
10Lardarius Webb
Baltimore Ravens
</div>

</div>

Yeah PFF is a bit all over at times in ranking DBs... so...

It is true that Gratz has played better and hence moved up the depth chart to start at nickel.

Quote:It is true that Gratz has played better and hence moved up the depth chart to start at nickel.

Close, but not exactly. Gus is now saying that the starters are Colvin and House, and that in the nickel Colvin will still move inside. The only difference is that Gratz will replace Colvin on the outside.

I wouldn't get too worried about this. McCray saw action in the fourth game primariliy because of lack of reps in the priot two games, but he struggled real bad in that game. I think Gus just wants to get a better look at Gratz who it appears has been working on his own game. Just let this play out and we'll see what happens. There's still no doubt in my mind that McCray is one of the best young CBs in this league just as good as the Panthers Josh Norman even if he is now our dime corner. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars have the deepest group of CBs in the league.

'02

Quote:Not sure about the accuracy of that tweet, unless McCray is out due to injury/ailment.

If Colvin moves inside on 3rd, next in line on his side is McCray then Marshall.

Gratz is first backup on House's side of the field, then Marshall.

Surely you wouldn't want Marshall in unless dime, so the only way I see that as legit is if McCray can't go (that would put Marshiall next man up, which makes Gratz the better choice.)

You can be sure now:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/First-off-the-Field-Gratz-moves-into-third-corner-role/26577b20-3f80-454c-9945-43dfd289aa6a'>http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/First-off-the-Field-Gratz-moves-into-third-corner-role/26577b20-3f80-454c-9945-43dfd289aa6a</a>

Q:
That third corner role when Colvin moves inside, are you leaning towards Gratz or McCray there?

Gus
: Yeah, I would say Gratz. ...We were talking about this as a staff. We really like where he is right now; not only his physical part of the game but his mental part of it. I think he's in a really, really good place right now. He had probably one of the best one-on-one reps I've seen in all of training camp and into this week of practice yesterday. He's just playing at a really confident and high level right now. So, my hope is that he continues that and transfers it over, but he's been very consistent.

'02

Quote:Q:
That third corner role when Colvin moves inside, are you leaning towards Gratz or McCray there?

Gus
: Yeah, I would say Gratz. ...We were talking about this as a staff. We really like where he is right now; not only his physical part of the game but his mental part of it. I think he's in a really, really good place right now. He had probably one of the best one-on-one reps I've seen in all of training camp and into this week of practice yesterday. He's just playing at a really confident and high level right now. So, my hope is that he continues that and transfers it over, but he's been very consistent.

Thanks 02.

I went ahead and locked the other McCray thread so we can focus on Gratz vs McCray here instead of having two competing thread. Gus clearly has a gut feeling that Gratz is on the top of his game and wants to take advantage. That combined with McCray's fourth game struggles was enough to at least warrant a closer look at Gratz.

This battle isn't over. Remember these two came from the same draft class when Gratz was chosen in round two and McCray in round seven. Gratz started out way head, but last year McCray clearly outplayed him. This offseason Gratz said to himself, "I ain't going down like that." Folks, this is competition at its finest. Roll with it.

'02

Quote:Close, but not exactly. Gus is now saying that the starters are Colvin and House, and that in the nickel Colvin will still move inside. The only difference is that Gratz will replace Colvin on the outside.

I wouldn't get too worried about this. McCray saw action in the fourth game primariliy because of lack of reps in the priot two games, but he struggled real bad in that game. I think Gus just wants to get a better look at Gratz who it appears has been working on his own game. Just let this play out and we'll see what happens. There's still no doubt in my mind that McCray is one of the best young CBs in this league just as good as the Panthers Josh Norman even if he is now our dime corner. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jaguars have the deepest group of CBs in the league.

It is a true reflection of how highly the Head Coach Gus Bradley thinks of Aaron Colvin that he can play both inside & outside at a very high level.  He is known for moving guys such as Ryan Davis from both an inside 1,3,and even 5 tech DT/DE at times.  Last year PFF gave Ryan Davis credit at the end of the season, maybe they will start to recognize Colvin after several games this season.

Quote:It is a true reflection of how highly the Head Coach Gus Bradley thinks of Aaron Colvin that he can play both inside & outside at a very high level.  He is known for moving guys such as Ryan Davis from both an inside 1,3,and even 5 tech DT/DE at times.  Last year PFF gave Ryan Davis credit at the end of the season, maybe they will start to recognize Colvin after several games this season.

For Colvin to flat beat out McCray and Gratz for the role speaks volumes by itself. I look forward to watching him. If he's everything Pirkstir says he is, then he just might be the best player on the Jaguars roster.

'02

Quote:For Colvin to flat beat out McCray and Gratz for the role speaks volumes by itself. I look forward to watching him. If he's everything Pirkstir says he is, then he just might be the best player on the Jaguars roster.

IMO Colvin is gonna prove himself to be the best player on the team this season. Would be nice if both McCray and Gratz started playing lights out as well.

Quote:Way better than Colvin? I never heard this sentiment...

NH3...
You don't remember the McCray is out best CB thread???

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 12:58 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

If McCray is actually playing like he was, but the others are playing better than they were, I think we're in a good place then. But it is weird he would slide that far back. But watching him in the last game, he didn't look too great.....

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

The move might just push McCray to reclaim the spot. I personally wouldn't be shocked if McCray ends up taking over one of the starting spots by mid-season.

'02

Quote:The move might just push McCray to reclaim the spot. I personally wouldn't be shocked if McCray ends up taking over one of the starting spots by mid-season.

I would be.

Quote:I would be.
I wouldn't be surprised if McCray earns back his outside "nickel" role.

I would be surprised if McCray takes an outside CB role as a starter (barring injury)

Hmmmm. Sounds like someone got "developed". Interesting. So, that whole draft and develop thing.......

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 03:50 PM by The_Anchorman.)

In order not to be flamed, let me first say this: I was a big fan of gratz his rookie year. You can see that he has the physical gifts to be an outstanding cb. His rookie year was ok, and I thought his second year would be a break out for him. But it just wasn't.

I don't know if it was because of game planning or what, but he constantly played off the los and rarely pressed. He got burned constantly, the biggest play that sticks out in my head was the dez Bryant td at the end of the first half... it was just a microcosm of his entire season.

I don't want to question Bradley on this. If he says gratz out played McCray, during the pre-season, we should accept that. And let's all support and cheer like heck for gratz and the rest of the starters!

But, with that said, I have my doubts that mccray should slide so low on the depth chart. It's a good problem to have, that's fur sure. My concern is that gratz is a practice all star and a game time no show.

Now to the part I'm sure a lot will take exception to...

One of my concerns about last year was how slow the coaches were to reacting to changing realities... they kept running Toby on long stretch runs forever. The defense didn't start getting really aggressive until week 8 or so, etc... it just seemed to me that the coaches were just slow on changing direction.

I'm concerned that if the gratz from last year shows up in the regular season, no change will be made to move McCray to the chart...

Again, I'm not hoping for failure. And I'm willing to watch this play out. I'm just saying that I hope the coaches see this as a fluid situation and adjust quickly IF needed.

Quote:One of my concerns about last year was how slow the coaches were to reacting to changing realities... they kept running Toby on long stretch runs forever. The defense didn't start getting really aggressive until week 8 or so, etc... it just seemed to me that the coaches were just slow on changing direction.

I'm concerned that if the gratz from last year shows up in the regular season, no change will be made to move McCray to the chart...

Again, I'm not hoping for failure. And I'm willing to watch this play out. I'm just saying that I hope the coaches see this as a fluid situation and adjust quickly IF needed.
Keep in mind that the man making substitutions and calling plays on offense last year is no longer here, in large part because he refused to adjust him game plans or play calling to suit the strengths of his players and go with the hot hand.

I don't think that Bradley would hook Gratz over one bad play, but the corner sitting on the bench behind Gratz has already shown himself to be a more than capable defensive back--something we didn't really have outside of McCray for most of last year. The ability to bench Gratz and replace him with McCray is huge, especially when you consider that for much of last year, the alternatives to Gratz were Will Blackmon and Jeremy Harris.