Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stories at every position

Every position group has been addressed in the offseason, and it remains to be seen how much better the team can be.  The questions will begin to be answered on Sunday.

CB - Davon House is supposed to be a lockdown press type CB.  Aaron Colvin is in a new role starting both inside and outside.  Previous starters McCray and Gratz should provide quality depth and nickel / dime coverage. 

S - James Sample and Sergio Brown at FS are both question marks but could be significant upgrades over Josh Evans.  Evans does look pretty good at SS backing up Cyp. 

LB - Skuta at Otto is the the wildcard.  Telvin Smith in Year 2 is another big story.  The young backup LBs could make an impact on ST.

DE - No new players here because of Fowler's injury.  Lots of questions whether Chris(es) Clemons and Smith can generate pressure on early downs and if Ryan Davis can be effective as before.

DT - Odrick and Bennett are the new guys but Alualu's ability to play the 3 position will be key until Marks returns.  I am hoping the interior guys can generate consistent pressure.

K - can Jason Myers replace a legend?  I think so. 

QB - no new players but Bortles hopefully looks like a new player.  

RB - Yeldon, Pierce, and Grant supply a major talent infusion.  Denard and Toby both look good, too.  A strong group. 

OL - every position looks to be improved.  Parnell looks like a very solid player.  It will be interesting to see how he handles JJ Watt.  I liked Bowanko but I think Bortles appreciates having Wiz there at C.  There's a big focus on Joeckel but I think that's overblown.  AJ Cann should be a future mauler. 

WR - I'm most interested in Rashad Greene's impact, but Robinson and Hurns in Year 2 is also a big story.  We may see a heavier focus on TEs until Lee and Walters return.  I think Walters could work himself into a larger role.

TE - Tough not to have Thomas and I think when he returns, the offense will really take off.  But Harbor has looked good, Lewis has had a great camp, and Jacobs is a beast.  Gotta make some plays with this group until Thomas is healthy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think marks and JT being out will be felt the most. I course it's hard to say how much Thomas being out will hurt. He played one snap so far. I'm hoping we can play well enough while they are out that when they do come back it will be icing on the cake.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

It's also going to be hard to watch the game tonight and see scobee in a black and gold uniform. Maybe I just won't eat dinner for fear of losing it all during the game.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 02:20 PM by Cruella DeVick.)

Black and Yellow! Don't mean to be a know it all but if I said it wrong I'd like to know. Just kidding! Hope Scobee beats the Pats with a game winner. 

Don't forget about Alaalu at FB.

Looks like P/H is the only position with no real story, although Kasey Redfern sure gave Anger a run for his money this preseason. I'm surprised nobody picked Kasey up. For instance, he blows away the Packer's punter. I guess since Caldwell released him in the first round, nobody really noticed him.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't forget about Alaalu at FB.

Looks like P/H is the only position with no real story, although Kasey Redfern sure gave Anger a run for his money this preseason. I'm surprised nobody picked Kasey up. For instance, he blows away the Packer's punter. I guess since Caldwell released him in the first round, nobody really noticed him.
lol

Look at it this way. If we can manage a 2-2 start, we'll have 2 elite, game impacting players become available 4 games into the season without a quarter of the seasons worth of wear and tear in them. A little knock off of rust and they could very well help us make a good push.