Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL report: Brandon Albert to Jaguars for a draft pick not Julius Thomas..

Quote:He was going to be cut. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Jags got anything for him is a plus.

He was coached by the worst staff in sports, watch him get 10TD's with Miami while we cut our extra 7th in August.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He was coached by the worst staff in sports, watch him get 10TD's with Miami while we cut our extra 7th in August.
What would you like to bet? He will be lucky to get 5.

Essentially we traded JT and a 7th next year for Albert and a 7th this year. Not bad.

Quote:What would you like to bet? He will be lucky to get 5.

Not saying I liked his play, but he's worth more than a 7th.

Quote:Not saying I liked his play, but he's worth more than a 7th.
Based on what?

Quote:Not saying I liked his play, but he's worth more than a 7th.
i agree... its sad if thats all we get for him. i mean we got a 4th for gabbert, right? How is dave not able to do better than that.

Quote:i agree... its sad if thats all we get for him. i mean we got a 4th for gabbert, right? How is dave not able to do better than that.
4th?

Try again.

Quote:Based on what?

Based on the fact we had the worst coaching staff in sports, a QB that couldn't throw a football last year, and he wasn't that bad his first year here.

Quote:Based on the fact we had the worst coaching staff in sports, a QB that couldn't throw a football last year, and he wasn't that bad his first year here.
And that equates to a 5th rounder? Doubt it.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 09:32 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:And that equates to a 5th rounder? Doubt it.

Does, he's shown he's better than 7th round talent. Oh well agree to disagree.

Quote:4th?

Try again.
yeah i wasnt sure that is why i said "right?"... it was a 6th... still better than what they are giving us for thomas.

Quote:A 7th rounder for Thomas is terrible.

A 7th for a player you were going to cut is a good deal.

Quote:i agree... its sad if thats all we get for him. i mean we got a 4th for gabbert, right? How is dave not able to do better than that.

We got a sixth for Gabbert.

Quote:Exactly. I didn't like JT's performance last year, but Miami just robbed us. Everyone smiles and acts like this is great lol.

They always do.

Quote:A 7th for a player you were going to cut is a good deal.

We werent cutting him with the contract he had.

Quote:We werent cutting him with the contract he had.

Was our plan always to trade him?

Julius Thomas was a pointless player because he refused to block. You're not fooling anyone unless you can block. If you can't - you might as well trot out another WR in place of JT.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:We werent cutting him with the contract he had.

So, wouldn't that mean the trade got us out of the contract.

Quote:He was coached by the worst staff in sports, watch him get 10TD's with Miami while we cut our extra 7th in August.
If he does get 10 tds.

It's because his qb can throw the fade.

Bortles sux at that

Quote:Julius Thomas was a pointless player because he refused to block. You're not fooling anyone unless you can block. If you can't - you might as well trot out another WR in place of JT.

He has always been a pass-catching TE. We never planned to use him as a blocker.