Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL report: Brandon Albert to Jaguars for a draft pick not Julius Thomas..

Quote:Thomas got caught up in the numbers. This is why we moved him.

Not a surprising move. We now have a T.

Lol, Albert is not the answer at LT. I put him on the same level as Beachum.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Does, he's shown he's better than 7th round talent. Oh well agree to disagree.

Even though the deals were separated, I think you have to look at them together.  The real deal here was Albert for Thomas with the sweetener for the Jags being getting a 7th round pick from 2018 moved into 2017.

Even though Thomas is younger, his lack of production the past two years seriously reduced his value from when he signed here as a free agent.  Also, when I watched him play live at the stadium for the first time two years ago, I was completely underwhelmed based on my expectations for him when he arrived. It's clear to me that his production in Denver was more a product of being the beneficiary of working with Manning than a reflection of his own abilities.

Picks, not players, I don't like this trade.

We have a capable LT on the roster who we are going to let walk?

We have what, $70M in cap space and we are giving away precious draft picks and will still need a LT VERY soon?

Beachum is a guy you want on your team.  He's a driven grinder.

So what exactly are we doing here?

Albert is not an upgrade.

Quote:It was a prove-it year plus a four-year option. We would have been locked in all four years.

What I'm saying is trustworthy sources are saying it was an annual option after picking up first, while some local media say otherwise. There was even confusion about when his guaranteed money kicked in.

Quote:Picks, not players, I don't like this trade.

We have what, $70M in cap space and we are giving away precious draft picks and will still need a LT VERY soon?

What are we doing?

Maybe giving Beachum another contract and moving Albert to LG.

I'd be all on board with Beachum at LT and Albert at LG!

He did play G in college all 3 years.

Quote:I'd be all on board with Beachum at LT and Albert at LG!
Beachum Albert Linder Leary Wagner

Now we talkin.

Quote:Beachum Albert Linder Leary Wagner

Now we talkin.

This, but wont happen.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 11:30 AM by The Real Marty.)

A 2018 7th round draft pick is not exactly "precious."   

Mr. Irrelevant for a starting LT.   I'd make that trade.  

Quote:What I'm saying is trustworthy sources are saying it was an annual option after picking up first, while some local media say otherwise. There was even confusion about when his guaranteed money kicked in.

If you're talking about Beachum's contract, I read that there was 18 million in guarantees if we had picked up the option. 

Apparently Beachum knee is not getting any better, which is why they moved on from him, they would not give up on a 27 year old LT if he was 100% and solid

Its a 7th round pick next year

Plus we get a 7th round pick this year for Thomas

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Not sure why we didn't just pay the starting LT already on the roster?  He got better as the season went on and has recovered well from his ACL surgery.  I also couldn't find an article where Albert was ranked higher than Albert.  Oh, and Beachum probably has 5-8 years left in him since he's 27.

#headscratcher

Where's the evidence his knee isn't better?

I previously read Beachum's deal was worth about 12.75 mil guaranteed. (spotrac)

However - he may have been due an additional 5 mil bonus when they exercise the option making the total  17.75.  Spotrac actually says he was due a 5 mil bonus at the top of the page, and then only calls it a 1 mil bonus further down the page so..... *shrug*

Either way, it was too much. 

I do not think they will transition tag him or sign him to a new deal and have him play guard. I think that's a major longshot and he'll be looking for tackle money elsewhere. Not a bad thing if they can keep him around, I just think his agent finds a tackle job for him somewhere else. 

Albert should be a marginal short term upgrade, but I don't think we are seeing any major fix being made here.  

Just a move to get a better spot filler until they draft an early round tackle (presumably in 2018 or 19)

Quote:Lol, Albert is not the answer at LT. I put him on the same level as Beachum.

So what did you want at LT this year? Albert would have been best guy on FA market. Draft has no onr worth even considerinh at the top of the draft.

Albert is bettet than Beachum and a fine stop gap until we are able to draft a suitablr LT who could he a long term fix. He is most definitely heyter than ehat Beachum was last year.

Quote:Lol, Albert is not the answer at LT. I put him on the same level as Beachum.

So what did you want at LT this year? Albert would have been best guy on FA market. Draft has no onr worth even considerinh at the top of the draft.

Albert is bettet than Beachum and a fine stop gap until we are able to draft a suitablr LT who could he a long term fix. He is most definitely heyter than ehat Beachum was last year.

Quote:So what did you want at LT this year? Albert would have been best guy on FA market. Draft has no onr worth even considerinh at the top of the draft.

1 more time!

Quote:So what did you want at LT this year? Albert would have been best guy on FA market. Draft has no onr worth even considerinh at the top of the draft.

That's simply not true. There are good LT's at the top. The problem is that after Ramczyk, Robinson, Bolles and maybe Johnson, the LT position falls off a cliff. The top end isn't the problem, it's the fact that there is zero depth.