Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL report: Brandon Albert to Jaguars for a draft pick not Julius Thomas..

Quote:That's simply not true. There are good LT's at the top. The problem is that after Ramczyk, Robinson, Bolles and maybe Johnson, the LT position falls off a cliff. The top end isn't the problem, it's the fact that there is zero depth. 

The top end is a problem as well. Ramczyk and Robinson would probably be 2nd rounders in a typical draft,

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 02:01 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Where's the evidence his knee isn't better?

They said on the radio his knee was swelling up bad after every game, when after ACL surgery its suppose to start getting stronger not weaker. If it wasnt something wrong with him, no team is gonna let a LT one of the most important positions in football to just get away for nothing, we even kept Thomas around to trade him.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:A late 2018 draft pick so far...

NH3...

I believe this could turn out great. The man had a dislocated wrist in 2016 but is healthy now and was very good in 2015 and 2014. Really improves our line for next two years while a youngster is groomed.

Can play LT, LG or RT.

Quote:The top end is a problem as well. Ramczyk and Robinson would probably be 2nd rounders in a typical draft,

I disagree. I believe Ramczyk has been the best LT in the class. He is a solid pass protector and a very good run blocker. I have no problem with Robinson at all, when it comes to his play, but his off field issues are what works against him. He could very well fall into round 2, based on that, but if he stays out of trouble, I expect him to be a very good OT in the NFL. 

Quote:I disagree. I believe Ramczyk has been the best LT in the class. He is a solid pass protector and a very good run blocker. I have no problem with Robinson at all, when it comes to his play, but his off field issues are what works against him. He could very well fall into round 2, based on that, but if he stays out of trouble, I expect him to be a very good OT in the NFL. 

Jags02 's point is "this class" is weak at OT, so in a different year Ramczyk and Robinson would be ranked lower on the draft boards.

Quote:I disagree. I believe Ramczyk has been the best LT in the class. He is a solid pass protector and a very good run blocker. I have no problem with Robinson at all, when it comes to his play, but his off field issues are what works against him. He could very well fall into round 2, based on that, but if he stays out of trouble, I expect him to be a very good OT in the NFL. 

Ramczyk is a true round 1 prospect. He's about as technically flawless as you want in a tack. He is much like Jack Concklin last year. My concern with him is his hip surgery but he's the top of this class come April/May I think 

Here is some decent analysis of Ramczyk https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=51&v=xdUI9_foV38

So, is there any new info on this? Is it just because they can't complete it until next month that there's nothing new? Or do we think the deal fell through? The deal for Thomas was quick for the most part; but this one seems to have stalled out.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:So, is there any new info on this? Is it just because they can't complete it until next month that there's nothing new? Or do we think the deal fell through? The deal for Thomas was quick for the most part; but this one seems to have stalled out.
Probably won't hear much till the FA period officially opens. 

Quote:So, is there any new info on this? Is it just because they can't complete it until next month that there's nothing new? Or do we think the deal fell through? The deal for Thomas was quick for the most part; but this one seems to have stalled out.

Nothing's official til March 9th anyways.  Framework is likely in place, but there's no ink until the league year starts.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance