Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 things in order for jaguars to win this sunday..

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 08:35 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

number 1 game plan tackle for cam newton.. once he takes off get him down quick and fast..

number 2 the offensive line including JOECKEL must keep bortles up right.. if borles gets time he can take over from there..

panthers d line is good but secondary lacks talent.. we can take advantage of that..

well also give them a good dose of yeldon robinson running and catching passes.. 

so im noty worried about thomas being out.. this is still a real winnable game..

the defense worries me though i think jags win 24-21..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Panthers secondary does not lack talent.

Household names? Yes, talent? No.

Harper is the weak link but in coverage, pretty stout in the box.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Panthers secondary does not lack talent.

are you dumb? Harper had 4 picks last year... that's really solid for a safety

The keys to winning the game are very simple.

1. OFFENSE- Protect Bortles, if you give him time he will make the throw, we can't have easy catches as drops. 

2. DEFENSE- Tackle. Please tackle, I don't know how many times we could have prevented a third down, came away with a loss of yards, and stopped many long touchdowns if we just wrap up the player. 

Quote:are you dumb? Harper had 4 picks last year... that's really solid for a safety

He got lost in coverage, juked out of his shorts and flat out beaten quite a few times. He's a mixed bag. I watched every snap last season, several times and I assure you he's the weak link. I didn't day he sucks, just said he was the weakest of the bunch, particularly in coverage.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

1. Show up

2. Let Bortles throw 5 TDS and then let Chenne hand it off for 3 quarters.

Sound good Jack?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Panthers secondary does not lack talent.

Your secondary isn't special, and very mediocre. If the pressure doesn't come through, Hurns and Robinson will eat it alive. 

Quote:Your secondary isn't special, and very mediocre. If the pressure doesn't come through, Hurns and Robinson will eat it alive.

I didn't say they were special, but they certainly aren't mediocre. Even if they were, it would be enough to stop your offense.

Quote:1. Show up

Sound good Jack?

Sure, sounds great. I like Fantasy Land.

Quote:Sure, sounds great. I like Fantasy Land.

Thought so. That's where you have been living all week with the trash you've been posting.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Our D Line has been giving QBs enough time to take a nap in the pocket. Generating any sort of consistent pass rush is the key on defense and getting enough of a run game together that play action is believable are my keys to the game for the Jags. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Thought so. That's where you have been living all week with the trash you've been posting.
LOL.. this made me burst out laughing, people in my dorm think I'm crazy!

Quote:I didn't say they were special, but they certainly aren't mediocre. Even if they were, it would be enough to stop your offense.
Very mediocre. Norman is the only young buck that looks promising. Tillman and Harper are over the hill and play nowhere near the level they use to, so yes, your secondary is mediocre. 

We don't have trash cans for receivers, unlike your team. So it will get exposed.

Quote:Very mediocre. Norman is the only young buck that looks promising. Tillman and Harper are over the hill and play nowhere near the level they use to, so yes, your secondary is mediocre.

We don't have trash cans for receivers, unlike your team. So it will get exposed.

Benwikere is pretty darn good. He's in his second year which is probably why you haven't heard of him.

Quote:Very mediocre. Norman is the only young buck that looks promising.

Don't talk in absolutes in that of which you have no idea what you speak.

"@PFF: Bene Benwikere took over as a starter in Week 14. Over the next 4 games no CB had a higher grade in coverage. "

Quote:number 1 game plan tackle for cam newton.. once he takes off get him down quick and fast..

number 2 the offensive line including JOECKEL must keep bortles up right.. if borles gets time he can take over from there..

panthers d line is good but secondary lacks talent.. we can take advantage of that..

well also give them a good dose of yeldon robinson running and catching passes.. 

so im noty worried about thomas being out.. this is still a real winnable game..

the defense worries me though i think jags win 24-21..
I am no math wiz, but isnt that more than 2 things?

Quote:Our D Line has been giving QBs enough time to take a nap in the pocket. Generating any sort of consistent pass rush is the key on defense and getting enough of a run game together that play action is believable are my keys to the game for the Jags. 

Agreed, games are won at the line a lot of times.  One could  easily say if the Jaguars weakest link (LT Luke Joeckel) can block the way that the fans, GM Dave Caldwell & HC Gus Bradley had originally hoped when they drafted him along with the rest of the line under Marrone's coaching the Offense should be very productive against the Panthers (mainly the run game as the Panthers are weak against the run)!

The Jaguars DLine must stop the run first most including Cam Newton allowing the LBs to worry more about TE Olson (Skuta or Cyprien mainly), and bring the pass rush (Telvin).

Quote:1. Show up

Sound good Jack?

Probably should let Bortles finish. Don't forget about that Raiders game where Gabbert had the game in check before getting hurt. Chenne came in and allowed the Raiders a miracle comeback win with the most pathetic qb play I've ever seen. On that day he made Gabbert look like the GOAT.

'02

Quote:number 1 game plan tackle for cam newton.. once he takes off get him down quick and fast..

I agree with both of these but if I am an opposing coach I worry more about # 2 than #1.

Protecting Bortles is clearly the bigger worry of the two.  Carolina's DL has been a bit banged up through the preseason but Short Ealy and Johnson are formidable starters.  Trouble is the DL has a rotation that doesnt seem to let up.  That combined with the looks you get from the LB corp makes protecting your QB an extremely difficult task. 

That said, keeping Newton in check is probably addressed easier. 

While this is an oversimplification, I think my defensive gameplan would be to do everything I can to take the run away.  Basically go into the game and focus on 3 guys,  Stewart (RB)  Newton and Olsen.  If Cam/Carolina is going to beat me I am going to play the odds and try my best to make him have to do it downfield.  There are 2 main reasons for this:

A.  Suspect receiving targets.  Ginn and Brown can make plays but I would take the bet that they can not be consistent threats.  Funchess is a rookie and and he may pose problems but for week 1 I would consider it as a distant threat.

B.  Carolina's offensive coordinator.  Not sure if you are aware of this but our OC is Mike Shula.  Shula is the son of legendary Hall of Fame coach Don Shula.  As you would expect from a great lineage, the father passed down tools of the trade to the son. 

[Image: 4bb10b090646f_23477n.jpg]

Inspiration for the Panther's offense comes from a Christmas present circa 1977.  Nothing screams dynamic offensive genius like a 40 year old piece of plastic powered by a 9 volt battery.

Jags only need to do one thing to win on Sunday.

Score more points than the Panthers.

/analysis
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Very mediocre. Norman is the only young buck that looks promising. Tillman and Harper are over the hill and play nowhere near the level they use to, so yes, your secondary is mediocre.

Look up Bene Benwikere on PFF, Mr. Knowitall.Kurt Coleman has looked exceptional in preseason and has always been a very solid FS.