Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 things in order for jaguars to win this sunday..

1. We must score more points than the Panthers

2. The Panthers must score less points than us.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I had to name two things they would be:

1) Run the ball successfully. That will make passing a lot easier if we get consistent yards on the ground.

2) Tackle well. Wrap up. Minimize yardage after first contact. Especially tackle well on Cam Newton.

We do those two things, all the other stuff will fall into place.

Quote:number 1 game plan tackle for cam newton.. once he takes off get him down quick and fast..

Poz is too slow to keep up with Cam.

Love the Panthers fans....

Listen fellow cat fans, we came into the league the same year so can't we all get along. It's use against the NFL!

Any one else think Lewis is going to have a big game?

Quote:Look up Bene Benwikere on PFF, Mr. Knowitall.Kurt Coleman has looked exceptional in preseason and has always been a very solid FS.
No names that haven't proven anything in this league doesn't change the fact that your secondary is mediocre. Our secondary hasn't proven anything, but I'm not sitting here talking about how good they are. They have the talent to be great, but almost every team can say that. They'll have to prove it on the field consistently this season.

Any informed analysis without mentioning uniform color is not informed analysis.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Any informed analysis without mentioning uniform color is not informed analysis.
Well, he did limit himself to 2 things.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Well, he did limit himself to 2 things.

But that's not the ONE thing?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

1. Blake

2. Bortles

He balls out, we win.

Quote:Panthers secondary does not lack talent.

Household names? Yes, talent? No.

Harper is the weak link but in coverage, pretty stout in the box.

Tillman is 34 and he is your starter

He is already concussed and coming off a pretty big injury

Josh Norman is pretty good but not a world beater

Benwikere who you guys rave about is sat behind tilman on the depth chart and Boston arguably your best db last year was beat out by Kurt Coleman who has bounced around the league but apparently did look good with the chiefs last year (1.4 mil a year good tho)

Come on mate I'll give you great front 7 great tight end and even good to great quarterback but almost everywhere else especially with Benjamin gone there are big question marks

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 04:40 PM by Jackofalltrades.)

Quote:Tillman is 34 and he is your starter

He is already concussed and coming off a pretty big injury

Josh Norman is pretty good but not a world beater

Benwikere who you guys rave about is sat behind tilman on the depth chart and Boston arguably your best db last year was beat out by Kurt Coleman who has bounced around the league but apparently did look good with the chiefs last year (1.4 mil a year good tho)

Come on mate I'll give you great front 7 great tight end and even good to great quarterback but almost everywhere else especially with Benjamin gone there are big question marks
Norman is on the cusp of being a true shutdown CB, he was very good last year.

Benwikere has the lateral agility and quickness to stay with slot guys, that's why they moved him inside. He wasn't demoted, we are using him where he fits the best. With Tillman in the outside putting Bene at nickel made the most sense. Last year we had to rely on a safety, now we don't have to. If Tillman goes down then Bene slides out. It's simple.

Boston has never been our best DB. He's never been our best S and that's means he couldn't beat out a mildly athletic, geriatric Roman Harper. He has the physical tools but Harper knows the system and makes the adjustments, that's why he is the starter.

However, Kurt Coleman who is starting ahead of Boston has shown great ability since getting here. He played under our DC in Philly and they were very high on him.

As for question marks it really ends at WR and Funchess can, CAN, help a lot there ad the season progressed. OL looks to be the best in years and there are no real holes anywhere on the D.

Cam was the best QB in preseason, largely because our OL only gave up 5 sacks in 4 games. That's against the Bills, Dolphins and Pats, all who have very good DL's. More time in the pocket for Cam means more time to make something of a sub-par WR group.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 05:01 PM by ukjag34.)

what i love about this is i can replace all of what you've written with jags players names and it's almost identical

Quote:mccray is on the cusp of being a true shutdown CB, he was very good last year.

colvin has the lateral agility and quickness to stay with slot guys, that's why they moved him inside. He wasn't demoted, we are using him where he fits the best. he will play outside then we will move him to the nickely to maximise his skillset

cyprien has never been our best DB. He's just been our best S . He has the strength but not the speed and is a little young and is learning to make adjustments that's why he is the starter.

However, sergio brown who is starting ahead of james sample has shown great ability since getting here. we scouted him against the colts and they were very high on him.

As for question marks it really ends at the d line and marks can, CAN, help a lot there ad the season progressed. OL looks to be the best in years and the front 7 is solid if it can get healthy

bortles was the best QB in preseason, largely because our OL didn't give up a sack (as far as I'm aware). That's against the lions, giants and skins, who have 2 good and one meh DL's. More time in the pocket for bortles means more time to make something of a very talented WR group.

see almost the same only difference is I'm not trying to convince you the jags are worldbeaters just that your team isn't half as good as you think they are

Quote:Trouble is the DL has a rotation that doesnt seem to let up.

Their starting Kyle Love. Something tells me the Panthers DTs will be the least of the Jaguars worries. Kuechly will have his hands full behind the likes of Love.

'02

Quote:what i love about this is i can replace all of what you've written with jags players names and it's almost identical

see almost the same only difference is I'm not trying to convince you the jags are worldbeaters just that your team isn't half as good as you think they are

LOL!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 09:01 PM by Jackofalltrades.)

Quote:what i love about this is i can replace all of what you've written with jags players names and it's almost identical

Good except for the changes and inaccuracies, like not giving up any sacks?

I counted 10.

Keep trying, you'll get there one day.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Good except for the changes and inaccuracies, like not giving up any sacks?

I counted 10.

Show me the 10 Bortles sacks from preseason plz. Thx.

Quote:Good except for the changes and inaccuracies, like not giving up any sacks?

I counted 10.

Hence why I said as far as I'm aware and

I was talking about the starters

I mean how many [BLEEP] do I give about guys not on the roster anymore with henne and Morris at qb

It's ok to be mad mate it's difficult when your eyes are opened... I can here those paradigms shattering and your scrotum shrivelling across an entire ocean

Quote:Hence why I said as far as I'm aware and

I was talking about the starters

I mean how many [BAD WORD REMOVED] do I give about guys not on the roster anymore with henne and Morris at qb

It's ok to be mad mate it's difficult when your eyes are opened... I can here those paradigms shattering and your scrotum shrivelling across an entire ocean

Uses paradigms in a sentence, can't sell hear...

Our QB's, all of them were sacked 5 times, total. 10 for you guys. You conveniently weren't aware of any of those 10.

I'm not showing you anything, go count for yourself. I assume you're capable.