Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 things in order for jaguars to win this sunday..

Quote:Uses paradigms in a sentence, can't sell hear...

Our QB's, all of them were sacked 5 times, total. 10 for you guys. You conveniently weren't aware of any of those 10.

I'm not showing you anything, go count for yourself. I assume you're capable.

Spell*

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One's a typo the other is an idiot. You'd figure a guy from the UK would be better at the namesake language.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:One's a typo the other is an idiot. You'd figure a guy from the UK would be better at the namesake language.
Or possibly a guy topped up on caffeine and beer at 3am with predictive text on his phone but you know idiot works for me

A quick bit of advice from the native language idiot if you're going to lecture someone on spelling be perfect yourself.

At the end of the day congrats the olineman you cut are better than the ones we cut but funny thing is it doesn't matter. What matters this Sunday is the guys on the roster and our starters looked pretty damn good and apparently so did yours.

Odd but that indicates parity between the two teams... Reiterating my original point....teams are pretty similar

I really want the Jags to win, they are my team... they are the only professional sports team I've ever gone to watch. Having said that, I'm hopeful for a win Sunday, but I'm also a realist and the realist in me (not to mention years of being conditioned to expect the Jags to loose...) gives me pause as I consider the panthers game.

point:

1. they have cam newton, an arguably elite level quarterback

2. they have a very good proven defensive line, while our o-line is a question mark. Is our o-line better? We'll see.

3. for us to win we need to be able to run the ball, which plays right into the strength of their defense. See #2.

4. the two biggest acquisitions we got this past year (Fowler and Thomas) are both injured. Our most dominant defender (Marks) is also injured and out. So that tends to make us the same team that played last year... with just one more year of experience under the belt. Is it enough to help us beat a team that statistically looks better on paper? 

We'll see...

Carolina 28 Jags 10... and I hope it's the other way around.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 08:23 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:I really want the Jags to win, they are my team... they are the only professional sports team I've ever gone to watch. Having said that, I'm hopeful for a win Sunday, but I'm also a realist and the realist in me (not to mention years of being conditioned to expect the Jags to loose...) gives me pause as I consider the panthers game.

point:

2. they have a very good proven defensive line, while our o-line is a question mark. Is our o-line better? We'll see.

3. for us to win we need to be able to run the ball, which plays right into the strength of their defense. See #2.

4. the two biggest acquisitions we got this past year (Fowler and Thomas) are both injured. Our most dominant defender (Marks) is also injured and out. So that tends to make us the same team that played last year... with just one more year of experience under the belt. Is it enough to help us beat a team that statistically looks better on paper? 

We'll see...

Arguably Elite? Might wanna check that definition bruh. He's not even top 10......

There is no argument. He is not elite.

1. Cam Newton elite? No, but he is good. Hit him early and often and he will get away from playing fundamental football.

2. Very good defensive line? No, but they are good with all their starters. I think they match up well with our o-line. Nobody on their line makes me stop and take notice. However, their LBs make up for any D-line weaknesses and get side line to 

side line very well.

3. Make no mistake, we will run, but it isn't a requirement to win, but I hope it does get Carolina's attention. There LBs selling out just makes it better for our TEs and receivers. I would expect a lot of RB throws out on the flats to open TEs in the

middle. The jags should take opportunity to expose mismatches.

4. Speaking of mismatches. Not sure their backfield matches well with our large receivers. Concussions and hamstrings have plagued them so far this year. Tighten those jocks!

4. I give no thought to our missing acquisitions. Were they here last year? Sure it would have been a boost this year, but we started deep rotations two years ago to make sure there was decent depth. Next man up!

This team is smarter, faster, and stronger. Put it all together and we should pull out a win.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:I really want the Jags to win, they are my team... they are the only professional sports team I've ever gone to watch. Having said that, I'm hopeful for a win Sunday, but I'm also a realist and the realist in me (not to mention years of being conditioned to expect the Jags to loose...) gives me pause as I consider the panthers game.

point:

We'll see...

You mention our dominant DT being out in Sen'Derrick, but what about their dominant DT being out in Star Lotulelei who is being replaced by former Jaguars scrub Kyle Love?  

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 12:23 PM by jagherd.)

Personally, I think the main key to the game for the Jags is the defense.

1. Defense must be strong against the run, which includes Cam Newton. They must be able to force 3 and Outs. Or at the very least, keep the Panthers to short possesions/drives to force punts.

We're all anxious to see what Bortles can do on offense this season. But, what good is it if the Panthers offense is on the field quite alot, burning up clock/limiting Jags possesions/keeping Bortles on the sidelines?

The defense really needs to be solid, or I think the Panthers win it.

2. When the Jags do have possesion, I think it's important that Bortles continues to use his legs to pick up key first downs. He can keep possesions going by running. He looks very good at that so far. I'd like to see him keep it up.

Jags need to jam the opposing team's radio signal and throw it to Gronkowski. Ooops.. wrong team.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Defense:

1) Spy Cam;

2) Don't get beat over the top

3) Stop the run

Offense:

1) Move 'dem chains!

2) Score TDs and not FGs

= WIN Smile

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:1. Cam Newton elite? No, but he is good. Hit him early and often and he will get away from playing fundamental football.

2. Very good defensive line? No, but they are good with all their starters. I think they match up well with our o-line. Nobody on their line makes me stop and take notice. However, their LBs make up for any D-line weaknesses and get side line to

side line very well.

3. Make no mistake, we will run, but it isn't a requirement to win, but I hope it does get Carolina's attention. There LBs selling out just makes it better for our TEs and receivers. I would expect a lot of RB throws out on the flats to open TEs in the

middle. The jags should take opportunity to expose mismatches.

4. Speaking of mismatches. Not sure their backfield matches well with our large receivers. Concussions and hamstrings have plagued them so far this year. Tighten those jocks!

4. I give no thought to our missing acquisitions. Were they here last year? Sure it would have been a boost this year, but we started deep rotations two years ago to make sure there was decent depth. Next man up!

This team is smarter, faster, and stronger. Put it all together and we should pull out a win.

This is an entire entry of funny, thanks for the chuckle.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:This is an entire entry of funny, thanks for the chuckle.
So by the lack of substance in your post...

A.) You believe your entire team is elite with no weaknesses and your "elite" knowledge of the game allows you to dismiss any ability of the opposing team.

or

B.) You can't actually read, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Special people can be productive citizens.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Can't it be both A & B?

Quote:So by the lack of substance in your post...

A.) You believe your entire team is elite with no weaknesses and your "elite" knowledge of the game allows you to dismiss any ability of the opposing team.

or

B.) You can't actually read, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Special people can be productive citizens.

Whatever credit I'd give you for B is negated by the ridiculous hyperbole of A.

Offense-take care of the ball and make the plays that are there to be made. There are some matchups to be exploited.

Defense-make Cam beat you with his arm.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.