Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 Jaguars Game by Game Predictions! ESPN!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 05:30 PM by pirkster.)

6 seems like the median, most people being between 5-7.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I will poop a brick if we are 6-5 by week 12.

Pretty noal for there to be a "surprise" team in the NFL during most seasons. I don't expect it to be the Jags, but you never know.

The scheduled opponents are super easy for the most part (on paper anyway). Getting 4 games against tacks/tinhorns, and 4 games against the NFCS looks VERY favorable towards the Jags having 7-8 chances at wins.

Again, I don't expect it to be the Jags, but, maybe,,,,,

Quote:Sounds about right. Same as mine in another thread with the exception of the Bills game. But, I would be ok if the Jags lost a few more games to get a higher draft slot and hire a offensive minded head coach.

Like Belichik, Mike Tomlin, & Pete Carroll ?

Quote:Pretty noal for there to be a "surprise" team in the NFL during most seasons. I don't expect it to be the Jags, but you never know.

The scheduled opponents are super easy for the most part (on paper anyway). Getting 4 games against tacks/tinhorns, and 4 games against the NFCS looks VERY favorable towards the Jags having 7-8 chances at wins.

Again, I don't expect it to be the Jags, but, maybe,,,,,

Lol

Normal for there to be a SURPRISE team most seasons in the league

I just don't EXPECT the SUPRISE to our team

Even though a surprise nonetheless

Along with a favorable schedule

Lol

At least the Jags are the best at something; fan inferiority complex

A fascinating lesson in esteem
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Oh, jagherd, by the way, who do you EXPECT to be the SURPRISE team this year?

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 06:27 PM by Vino.)

Carolina - W

Miami - L (could W)

New England - L

Indianapolis - L

Tampa Bay - W

Houston - L (could W)

Buffalo - W

NY Jets - W

Baltimore - L

Tennessee - W

San Diego - L

Tennessee - L

Indianapolis - L

Atlanta - W

New Orleans - L

Houston - L

6-10 being realistic if slightly optimistic, 8-8 being fairly optimistic.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I'd honestly prefer going 6-10 with a bunch of the games we lose being close and due to lack of pass rush for draft positioning. Draft Hargreaves or Smith/Jack in the top 8 and profit next year with Fowler being back and new elite talent at either corner or linebacker. If we go 8-8 we risk losing out on the truly elite talent in next year's draft which we still need.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 06:33 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I will poop a brick if we are 6-5 by week 12.

We have a bye week in Week 8 of the NFL so it is essentially impossible that we'll be 6-5 by week 12.

Literally speaking, it looks like your [BAD WORD REMOVED] is off the hook.   

I've always wondered why there was a word filter on this message board. Especially since almost every other board doesn't have one. 

Quote:I'd honestly prefer going 6-10 with a bunch of the games we lose being close and due to lack of pass rush for draft positioning. Draft Hargreaves or Smith/Jack in the top 8 and profit next year with Fowler being back and new elite talent at either corner or linebacker. If we go 8-8 we risk losing out on the truly elite talent in next year's draft which we still need.
Dumb.

I'd honestly prefer to go 9-7 and make the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 07:30 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:I'd honestly prefer going 6-10 with a bunch of the games we lose being close and due to lack of pass rush for draft positioning. Draft Hargreaves or Smith/Jack in the top 8 and profit next year with Fowler being back and new elite talent at either corner or linebacker. If we go 8-8 we risk losing out on the truly elite talent in next year's draft which we still need.
We could make the play-offs and still get Hargreaves. I doubt any team picking in the top 10 is worried about getting a CB. You have major issues if you're drafting in the top 10 and your GM is making that a priority. 

Looking at the roster this very moment, I'd like us to try and get Hargreaves in the 1st round and get another pass-rusher in the 2nd, followed by a LB in the 3rd. I don't think we need to prioritize a WR, especially when we passed on Cooper. The coaches must really have faith in Robinson, Lee, JT, and Hurns as weapons. Joeckel could completely suck this season and we'll have to waste our 1st on another LT, so lets cross our fingers that guy can get good.

"RANK

JAGUARS 1

Working with Maurice Jones-Drew so much this preseason, I must say I have been paying even closer attention to Jags football. The No. 1 guy worth paying attention to is not Blake Bortles ... and not T.J. Yeldon ... It's Allen Robinson. Monster year for him, Jags fans? (The correct answer is yes.) The big question this season is if Gus Bradley can get the defense to dictate situations to opposing offenses, starting with that Luck guy ..."

Thank you, sir.......may I have another?

Quote:Oh, jagherd, by the way, who do you EXPECT to be the SURPRISE team this year?

Really man? Lol

If I had to guess,, I'd say maybe the Rams or someone from the NFC.

BTW,, I predicted the Jags would win around 5-7 games. However, if they "surprise" us with a couple more (mostly due to the schedule IMO), the last AFC wildcard spot is usually up for grabs to a 9-7 or 8-8 team. However, I don't "expect" that to happen.

Quote:Nobody thinks they will lose to the Jaguars
Nobody thinks anyone will lose to the Jags. Reminds me of the post 2008 Garrard era where the Jaguars were predicted to go 2-14 every year and ended up vying for a playoff spot every season until Gabby arrived

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Really man? Lol

If I had to guess,, I'd say maybe the Rams or someone from the NFC.

BTW,, I predicted the Jags would win around 5-7 games. However, if they "surprise" us with a couple more (mostly due to the schedule IMO), the last AFC wildcard spot is usually up for grabs to a 9-7 or 8-8 team. However, I don't "expect" that to happen.

Me thinks you missed his point...

Hint - look at the two words in caps
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

7 wins would be awesome
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Like Belichik, Mike Tomlin, & Pete Carroll ?
Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin, Dick Vermeil, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh,

http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html

To me one of the questions about this week's game is the LEO position

I heard that Chris Smith will start the 1st & 2nd snap and then Chris Clemons on the 3rd, but will it remain that way all game?

Will Chris only be on third downs and will Ryan Davis come in on 1st or 2nd, or is he still injured a bit?

The Dline itself sounds confusing where they have Odrick on most occasions as LDE but sometimes he'll play DT and Tyson Alualu will play LDE otherwise Alualu will play 3tech closest to LDE Odrick in

Marks absence with Bennett coming in on some 3rd down pass plays as the 3 tech.

Roy Miller will start as the NT 0/1 tech DT, with Arby Jones getting reps in between the 1 & 3.

I wonder if the Jaguars just expect a lot of run or option plays and plan on a lot of 46 Defense with Armbrister maybe playing on the line in lieu of a DT to give Skuta a rest?

so who is the 3rd CB McCray or Gratz?  I read somewhere that is actually Gratz that had moved up over McCray?

Will we see Nick Marshall in this game as a CB?

and the biggest thing I noticed is Corey GRANT did get the start over D-Rob as the kickoff returner!

The sadest thing is Josh Evans still makes it another year on the Depth chart after always finding a way to screw up key plays in games.. hopefully he doesnt play much this week.

Thanks JackTradeCarolinaDude. Losing has sucked the pride off many a fan of a once proud successful franchise. It's unrelateable to me. My chest will stay out even if my sternum collapses.

Dew, valid questions but you know Jags will adjust on D based on what they face. They have a general plan surely, but the specifics you're targeting will play themselves out, in my view. The depth chart is meant to tantalize, expectedly. Not an absolute indicator of lineups.