Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 Jaguars Game by Game Predictions! ESPN!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html'>http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html</a>

The sadest thing is Josh Evans still makes it another year on the Depth chart after always finding a way to screw up key plays in games.. hopefully he doesnt play much this week.

This is such a bizarre false narrative that gets perpetuated around here. People talk about Josh Evans like he is Don freaking Carey which is just not true. He is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be yet this gets parroted over and over.

Name a few of these key plays he has screwed up on since it's so commonplace.

He's not a world beater but he is pretty solid for a 5th round backup safety IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I get the feeling that if the Jags are in the thick of the playoff race near the end of the season and don't make it the same people who say they'll be ecstatic about a 7-9 season will be calling for Gus head.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I get the feeling that if the Jags are in the thick of the playoff race near the end of the season and don't make it the same people who say they'll be ecstatic about a 7-9 season will be calling for Gus head.
I'd be frustrated if the dream was actually real and it was in our reach. Calling for Gus' head would be ridiculous, and it'd be amazing to be in the playoff conversation in December.

Quote:I'd be frustrated if the dream was actually real and it was in our reach. Calling for Gus' head would be ridiculous, and it'd be amazing to be in the playoff conversation in December.

Would be happy to be in the playoff conversation in October....

Quote:Would be happy to be in the playoff conversation in October....
Haha, yeah. That's a bit early, but our season is over by Week 8 usually.

Quote:This is such a bizarre false narrative that gets perpetuated around here. People talk about Josh Evans like he is Don freaking Carey which is just not true. He is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be yet this gets parroted over and over.

He's not a world beater but he is pretty solid for a 5th round backup safety IMO.

David from Oviedo, FL:
O-man, I see some articles that have Josh Evans on the bubble. I for one, hope he makes the team because I think he is one of the more punishing tacklers in the secondary. Do you think he will make the team?
John: I do, but I don’t think it’s incorrect to say he has been on the bubble, either.

<span><span><span><span>John Oehser </span> Senior writer, Sep 4th</span></span></span>
<span><span><span>--------------------------------------------------------</span></span></span>

<span><span><span>If you've watched the games since he's been drafted, You know which plays because you were screaming at him!</span></span></span>

Quote:so who is the 3rd CB McCray or Gratz?  I read somewhere that is actually Gratz that had moved up over McCray?

Will we see Nick Marshall in this game as a CB?

I wouldn't put too much weight into what you read about Gratz unless you know the source to be reliable. My guess is that someone was speculating based on McCray playing in the last preseason game, and not exactly playing all that well when he did. Don't read into any of that. He was thrown in after the other CBs played out their reps and were gassed, plus he hadn't had many reps this preseason going into the game. It seemed to me like he figured he wouldn't play in the game and was caught off guard a bit when he found himself thrown in there so late in the game. Lesson learned...always be prepared.

As for Marshall we shall see. I've given him a hard time this preseason as I was not impressed, but the same was true about the two CBs he beat out for a roster spot in Rashad Reynolds and Jeremy Harris. Harris was probably the best in sticking with WRs, but he was mistake prone. Reynolds was just beat too consistently. In Marshall's case, he seemed to consistently be out of position to make the play on the ball or tackle, and I'm now thinking it's a hips issue where he's not able to stop on a dime like NFL WRs. I thought perhaps he wasn't capable of getting his hands up to make a play, but Gus said recently that his hand skills are his greatest asset. I'm hoping it's just a matter of needing more experience to not let route running get the best of him, but if he lacks fluid hips that could be a far greater issue that can't be taught. He certainly has game speed, but that sort of goes to waste if he's over-running plays, etc.

'02

Quote:Sounds about right. Same as mine in another thread with the exception of the Bills game. But, I would be ok if the Jags lost a few more games to get a higher draft slot and hire a offensive minded head coach.

What the hell? omg. smh

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:This is such a bizarre false narrative that gets perpetuated around here. People talk about Josh Evans like he is Don freaking Carey which is just not true. He is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be yet this gets parroted over and over.

Agree. And I was surprised people wanted to keep Loston over Evans. Loston was just flat out awful this preseason. 

;

;

Quote:I'm curious why you want them to hire an offensive minded head coach when the offensive coordinator is responsible for the offense.
I loathe drama..

but man...I gotta sit right next to u on this 1.

why hire an offensive minded coach when we have what appears to be a good oc? calling plays

McCray started the last preseason game, he didn't enter when the 5th stringers needed a break.

I'd take that season in a heart beat.

Lose the ones we expect to early... fire back going into December with a winning record... lose a couple late cuz we're just not quite there...

Although, I think we sweep the tacks.

which would make us a wonderful 8-8 in that scenario.

Quote:David from Oviedo, FL:

O-man, I see some articles that have Josh Evans on the bubble. I for one, hope he makes the team because I think he is one of the more punishing tacklers in the secondary. Do you think he will make the team?
John: I do, but I don’t think it’s incorrect to say he has been on the bubble, either.

John Oehser Senior writer, Sep 4th

--------------------------------------------------------

If you've watched the games since he's been drafted, You know which plays because you were screaming at him!

Nope.

Quote:McCray started the last preseason game, he didn't enter when the 5th stringers needed a break.

Did he? I guess I just didn't notice him until he was getting beat late in the game.

'02

Quote:Did he? I guess I just didn't notice him until he was getting beat late in the game.

He got beat pretty quickly their first or second drive when their WR ran an out route. It looked like McCray didn't even try to cover it tbh.

Interesting how the Title of the Thread Changes Perception......

1) Replying to the 2015 Jaguars Game by Game Predictions! ESPN!

vs

2) Replying to the 2015 Jaguars Game by Game Predictions! Mike DiRocco!

Quote:Name a few of these key plays he has screwed up on since it's so commonplace.

I don't have a horse in this race but I do remember him getting a personal foul penalty in the endzone against the Broncos in 2013 that gave them the ball inside of our 5 yard line.

I didn't get to watch much last year but I do remember that from 2013.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

NO way we lose to tannyhill, none.

Quote:I've always wondered why there was a word filter on this message board. Especially since almost every other board doesn't have one.
It's kid tested, mother approved.