Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Rob gone?

Personally I don't think we need him. We got enough young weapons. Blake just couldn't get to them being pressured 80 percent of the season. That why Julius didn't turn out how we expected.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol please. ARob isn't going to the 49ers. What on Earth could we possibly get in return?
Gabbert

I also wouldn't mind him leaving..After his play and attitude last year, he lost a fan in me... We can package him up with Yeldon if we need to!

Quote:You can if it means he doesn't like it here and doesn't want to re-sign a new deal after his rookie contract expires. I am fine with it.

We'd probably have to overpay him to stay here and I don't want to see that either. I trust Tom's judgement. If it's anything he knows it's the wide receiver position. 
Lots of players have wanted to be traded over the years.

Staubach once wanted to be traded.  I think Bradshaw once wanted to be dealt.

Jimmy Johnson once considered trading Irvin.

I'm betting those teams don't regret keeping those players.

Brett Favre was actually traded.  So was Charles Haley, Steve Young and Marshall Faulk.  I'm betting Atlanta, San Francisco, Tampa regrets trading away those players.  I'm betting the only reason Indy does not regret trading away Marshall Faulk is because they wound up with Edgerrin James.

The whole purpose of the draft is to get players that can create favorable matchups to actually win games.  We actually have one of those players in Robinson.

It seems pointless to deal him away.

We aren't going to get SF's first round pick straight up for him.  Throwing him in a swap of first round picks isn't worth moving up two spots.

If San Francisco offered their second round pick, you could argue we come out ahead because we originally drafted him at the bottom of the 2nd round.  But remember, we traded up to get him, plus we lose an in his prime experienced and proven WR for an unknown quantity in whomever we pick.  That would also have to factor into any asking price for him.  Furthermore, you have a franchise that has taken the chance on Bortles becoming a franchise QB.  Why undermine the QB by taking away one of his best targets?

Maybe, if the team turns its fortunes around this year, Robinson-even assuming he is inclined to leave now- will want to stick around now that the winning is started.  If he wants to maximize his value on the open market, he will have a contract year type of performance.  In that case, he'll likely make the Pro Bowl, and will earn a franchise tag, or, in a worst case scenario, leaves via FA and we get a 3rd round pick for him anyway.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Personally I don't think we need him. We got enough young weapons. Blake just couldn't get to them being pressured 80 percent of the season. That why Julius didn't turn out how we expected.
What other weapons do we have? Lee has one decent season, Hurns is a number two at best, our running backs are mediocre, and the guy giving all these guys the ball is garbage too. Arob and linder are the only worthwhile players we have on our entire offense.

Dude complained about the fans? big deal lol. Guy is young and under a lot of pressure doing something none of us have any idea about. If thats enough reason to be traded you guys are as as stupid as our front office

AR15 is not going anywhere.  Unless,  We draft a receiver in top three rounds.   In which,  everyone told me that was fake.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:What other weapons do we have? Lee has one decent season, Hurns is a number two at best, our running backs are mediocre, and the guy giving all these guys the ball is garbage too. Arob and linder are the only worthwhile players we have on our entire offense.

Dude complained about the fans? big deal lol. Guy is young and under a lot of pressure doing something none of us have any idea about. If thats enough reason to be traded you guys are as as stupid as our front office

Not if the 49ers say "hey we will give you a 1st" or hell a 2nd! If their is rumors he won't resign by the end of his contract, then why wouldn't you trade him and get something for him.. He has made it clear he dont like the fans here. So what you think Tom thinks about that? It would be foolish to keep him if he don't wanna be here.

Quote:Not if the 49ers say "hey we will give you a 1st" or hell a 2nd! If their is rumors he won't resign by the end of his contract, then why wouldn't you trade him and get something for him.. He has made it clear he dont like the fans here. So what you think Tom thinks about that? It would be foolish to keep him if he don't wanna be here.
If we know for a fact he doesnt want to be here then yeah sure by all means. But if the reason for tossing him is "he was bad this year and a diva" thats bafflingly stupid.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 01:00 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:If we know for a fact he doesnt want to be here then yeah sure by all means. But if the reason for tossing him is "he was bad this year and a diva" thats bafflingly stupid.
Than we should draft a receiver.  And have AR15 sit on the bench till almost the trade deadline    It would.  

1. say we are willing to trade AR15.  

2. have multiple teams offer us high picks.    

And we would sit in the driver seat.   

However,  If that is not the case.   Than we win regardless. AR15 can flat out play.   When he wants too. 

#Gojags

Quote:Than we should draft a receiver. And have AR15 sit on the bench till almost the trade deadline It would.

1. say we are willing to trade AR15.

2. have multiple teams offer us high picks.

And we would sit in the driver seat.

However, If that is not the case. Than we win regardless. AR15 can flat out play. When he wants too.
what the [BLEEP] are you talking about

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 01:04 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:what the [BAD WORD REMOVED] are you talking about
If Robinson flat out said to the Jaguars Organization.  I demand a trade.  I do not want to play here.  That is what tom should do. 

#Gojags

Quote:If Robinson flat out said to the Jaguars Organization.  I demand a trade.  I do not want to play here.  That is what tom should do. 

No, you don't do that.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 01:07 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:No, you don't do that.
Then what should be done?

#Gojags

Quote:Lots of players have wanted to be traded over the years.

Staubach once wanted to be traded. I think Bradshaw once wanted to be dealt.

Jimmy Johnson once considered trading Irvin.

I'm betting those teams don't regret keeping those players.

Brett Favre was actually traded. So was Charles Haley, Steve Young and Marshall Faulk. I'm betting Atlanta, San Francisco, Tampa regrets trading away those players. I'm betting the only reason Indy does not regret trading away Marshall Faulk is because they wound up with Edgerrin James.

The whole purpose of the draft is to get players that can create favorable matchups to actually win games. We actually have one of those players in Robinson.

It seems pointless to deal him away.

We aren't going to get SF's first round pick straight up for him. Throwing him in a swap of first round picks isn't worth moving up two spots.

If San Francisco offered their second round pick, you could argue we come out ahead because we originally drafted him at the bottom of the 2nd round. But remember, we traded up to get him, plus we lose an in his prime experienced and proven WR for an unknown quantity in whomever we pick. That would also have to factor into any asking price for him. Furthermore, you have a franchise that has taken the chance on Bortles becoming a franchise QB. Why undermine the QB by taking away one of his best targets?

Maybe, if the team turns its fortunes around this year, Robinson-even assuming he is inclined to leave now- will want to stick around now that the winning is started. If he wants to maximize his value on the open market, he will have a contract year type of performance. In that case, he'll likely make the Pro Bowl, and will earn a franchise tag, or, in a worst case scenario, leaves via FA and we get a 3rd round pick for him anyway.
wanting to be traded and ending up on the 9ers isn't much of a up grade

Quote:wanting to be traded and ending up on the 9ers isn't much of a up grade
Not this decade. 

#Gojags

Quote:If Robinson flat out said to the Jaguars Organization. I demand a trade. I do not want to play here. That is what tom should do.
Or we could just trade him right now

Quote:Or we could just trade him right now
Would get less.  With FA and Draft approaching.   Teams ultimately will trade less.   Knowing can get better value at this time.   However,  If a big name receiver goes down before trade deadline.    The team will be desperate for replacement.   

Business 101

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 01:43 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Would get less. With FA and Draft approaching. Teams ultimately will trade less. Knowing can get better value at this time. However, If a big name receiver goes down before trade deadline. The team will be desperate for replacement.

Business 101
When is the last time you saw someone trade a high pick for a receiver because their own receiver went down? And was that receiver on the last year of his deal? No one does that. His value is at its highest right now, not after sitting on a bench til week 8. Thats not business 101, youre a moron.

Why would FA and the draft make people fork up less? trading for Arob is the same as drafting a receiver or buying one in FA.

Quote:Then what should be done?
Nothing.  He's under contract. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]