Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers' Rookie Devin Funchess...

will not start at WR, according to PFT.  The Panthers will start Ted Ginn and Philly Brown at WR in the season opener against the Jaguars.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why would Funchess start?
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

We're doomed
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He was the team's 2nd round pick this year, Kelvin Benjamin is out with an ACL injury, and the rest of the Panthers WRs are nondescript.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It's gonna be a run heavy game. Keep the corners honest in the pass game, have a spy on Cam, blanket Olsen and stay healthy for 60 mins. 

There's some deep speed in that starting lineup, but not much else. Our corners can run, so I'd gamble on them and Brown in centerfield being able to cover them. That way we can creep Cyprien into the box and shadow Greg Olsen.

I hope we give Cam fits and see him throw hissy fits on the sidelines

Philly Brown is a sleeper

Quote:Philly Brown is a sleeper

Brown looked great in OTAs and most of camp, but he's had a nightmare in the 2nd and 3rd preseason game.

Quote:I hope we give Cam fits and see him throw hissy fits on the sidelines

You must watch a lot of ESPN. This is one of their fake narratives that people who don't watch Cam actually believe.

Quote:I hope we give Cam fits and see him throw hissy fits on the sidelines

Guarantee you that won't happen, not the second part anyway.

Funchess has missed way too much time to start. Would have been news worthy if he was starting.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Philly Brown is a sleeper
he's such a sleeper, that he's dead

dude sucks

Man if our defense can't handle this I'm done. If those two guys torch our secondary I'm turning away from the game every time the defense comes on the field for the rest of the season.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Man if our defense can't handle this I'm done. If those two guys torch our secondary I'm turning away from the game every time the defense comes on the field for the rest of the season.

get ur swivel chair ready. Well, i hope u dont have to
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 03:32 PM by Sosa.)

The only way we get torched is from Cam throwing bombs all day, and that was a weakness for us in the pre-season. Aside from that, Colvin was able to keep up with Tate until he tripped looking back. I'm confident that Colvin will be able to keep up with Ginn and have safety help as well. This game shouldn't be hard for our defense, or we're in for a loooooong season.

Panthers don't seem to have a offense that will score points for them. The only player we have to worry about is Cam Newton and make sure he doesn't use his legs to run on us. This will be great for House and Colvin.

Quote:Panthers don't seem to have a offense that will score points for them. The only player we have to worry about is Cam Newton and make sure he doesn't use his legs to run on us. This will be great for House and Colvin.

We've got a stable of RBs, the best OLine we've had since 2008, and a top 5 TE as well.

Quote:Panthers don't seem to have a offense that will score points for them. The only player we have to worry about is Cam Newton and make sure he doesn't use his legs to run on us. This will be great for House and Colvin.

Olsen had 1008 yards last season, I'd count him as a weapon.

Funchess can't beat out the likes of Philly Brown and Ted Ginn. I'm sure if it weren't for draft position, he would have been cut in favor of the much more talented Brenton Bersin.

BUST
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Funchess can't beat out the likes of Philly Brown and Ted Ginn. I'm sure if it weren't for draft position, he would have been cut in favor of the much more talented Brenton Bersin.

BUST

This is fun. I hope you can keep these coming. Hilarious.