Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles giving out fantasy advice

Quote:I wonder how many people have Bortles in their line ups?

Not many. He is an intriguing bench QB. For fantasy football, most need to see it in regular season first before starting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 07:27 PM by atburg.)

Quote:I wonder how many people have Bortles in their line ups?
I have him in both my yahoo leagues. Backup to Wilson in 1 and Brees in the other.

My advice if you have a fantasy league at this point I assume everyone has been drafted, and you might have a guy that you could lose or an empty spot on the roster.

If that is the case you might want to think seriously about taking Corey Grant. 

I assume many wont sign a return guy that is likely to not get any points, but when he blows up against the Panthers it will be near impossible to sign him.

My starting receivers in the league I have A-Rob in are AJ Green and Brandin Cooks and I have Golden Tate at FLEX. Gotta wait to see how A-Rob does in week 1 before I consider starting him over probably Tate.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:My advice if you have a fantasy league at this point I assume everyone has been drafted, and you might have a guy that you could lose or an empty spot on the roster.

If that is the case you might want to think seriously about taking Corey Grant.

I assume many wont sign a return guy that is likely to not get any points, but when he blows up against the Panthers it will be near impossible to sign him.

You need to take it down a notch with the Grant love. He's barely going to see the field on offense this year, if at all.

I guess we will all have to wait and find out...

This post was not paid for by the Corey Grant for starting running back position on the Jaguars

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 12:22 AM by archer56.)

Been trying to trade for Arob, Butttt my starting receivers are Dez, Calvin, and Maclin, With bryant and cruz on the bench.... It's potentially the best WR group of our draft.... My team is tbh, a huge boom or bust, cause I have AP 1st overall, with Sankey RB to to fill while foster and gurley are out with injuries....

From the looks of it both Gurley and Foster will be back around the same time too....

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I have a big Giants fan in one of my fantasy leagues. He actually drafted a player named Corey Washington to his team last year. He was a big undrafted rookie WR that lit it up in preseason last year. He swore he was going to kill it for the Giants last year. He did nothing, and was cut this year. In fantasy you need to use your head. Not your heart. Corey Grant has 0 fantasy value. There is a reason he went undrafted. He goes down at first contact, and is stiff in the hips. He does have world class speed. But so did chris Rainey. Hopefully he can develop into something for us, but if we get a handful of good years from his as a kick returner, then he more than outplayed what was expected of him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he ends up being a stud. But it's highly doubtful.

True.  I seldom gamble at all, but when its a friendly bet on a game at a bar.   When it comes to fantasy football or sports gambling in general I try not to involve my favorite team as I am bias and it effects my judgement.

I was always told when it comes to gambling stick with the odds, meaning if you bet on a game the home team usually has a slight edge on winning as opposed to the visiting team for example.

That is why I said I wouldnt draft Corey Grant, but if the draft is over and you have an empty spot or can cut a guy you dont like then I would do it.  Thinking about it more I guess it would make more sense to wait until he does start to show in a game and then quickly pick him up before the others do but you do take a risk that another person in your league wont take him before you.

You can't coach speed, and it is true that pure speed doesn't always turn into success in the NFL but every now and then a player just shows you something that says he has IT.  This guy should've been drafted in the NFL, and he should've been used more in College.  It works out for the Jaguars as he has fresh legs, and the way he can return, catch & run reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew too a bit (except that MJD could knock guys over and was a great blocker & better overall).

Quote:I have a big Giants fan in one of my fantasy leagues. He actually drafted a player named Corey Washington to his team last year. He was a big undrafted rookie WR that lit it up in preseason last year. He swore he was going to kill it for the Giants last year. He did nothing, and was cut this year. In fantasy you need to use your head. Not your heart. Corey Grant has 0 fantasy value. There is a reason he went undrafted. He goes down at first contact, and is stiff in the hips. He does have world class speed. But so did chris Rainey. Hopefully he can develop into something for us, but if we get a handful of good years from his as a kick returner, then he more than outplayed what was expected of him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he ends up being a stud. But it's highly doubtful.
I acutally remember making a post about this time last year saying if the giants get rid of him that we should pick him up.  He was huge in the red zone for them in the preseason. Not sure what happened after that, other than OBJ...

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I was going to get Robinson for a fanduel lineup, I didn't much like the price that was set for him though so I decided against it.  I might pick him up when I do a  draft tonight. 

Quote:Been trying to trade for Arob, Butttt my starting receivers are Dez, Calvin, and Maclin, With bryant and cruz on the bench.... It's potentially the best WR group of our draft.... My team is tbh, a huge boom or bust, cause I have AP 1st overall, with Sankey RB to to fill while foster and gurley are out with injuries....

From the looks of it both Gurley and Foster will be back around the same time too....

Two man league?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 11:51 PM by jessepeck1213.)

Quote:Two man league?

LOL

If you guys are playing FanDuel, Allen Hurns is SUPER cheap option at WR. Almost impossible not to pick him because of his price.
Shock the world

Quote:If you guys are playing FanDuel, Allen Hurns is SUPER cheap option at WR. Almost impossible not to pick him because of his price.

Yup, I snatched him to make the budget, Bortles seemed to look his way a bit anyways.

I got AR in Fanduel this week...

Hope it pays off...

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I got Hurns in Fanduel too...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I'm trying to find the video where Blake says he's going to score 6 TDs against Carolina

Any help?

Quote:I have a big Giants fan in one of my fantasy leagues. He actually drafted a player named Corey Washington to his team last year. He was a big undrafted rookie WR that lit it up in preseason last year. He swore he was going to kill it for the Giants last year. He did nothing, and was cut this year. In fantasy you need to use your head. Not your heart. Corey Grant has 0 fantasy value. There is a reason he went undrafted. He goes down at first contact, and is stiff in the hips. He does have world class speed. But so did chris Rainey. Hopefully he can develop into something for us, but if we get a handful of good years from his as a kick returner, then he more than outplayed what was expected of him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he ends up being a stud. But it's highly doubtful.

If Corey has a KR return for a TD, does that count in FF?

'02