Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Neal Sterling and Ben Koyack?

Is either of these two capable of starting for the Jags in 2017?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes! Koyack would be my pick. He has ideal size, good speed, and even a good run blocker. If we ask him to run the seam routes, he will do well for us. \

I still expect us to draft one in the mid to late rounds though. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Another vote for Koyack right here.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Koyack is okay, but I really think sterling can develop as a threat in the passing game

I think both can be valuable.

IMO tight ends succeed based on qb play more than anything

With three quality receivers, this team doesn't need a big time tight end. Someone who blocks that's a possible size advantage down the seam occasionally will suffice. Look for a guy like Butt from Michigan to be considered.....very similar to long time jag Kyle Brady. Injured right now but still valuable in the long run

They seemed capable last year with limited playing time. We still have Marcedes Lewis as well and if they bring back the FB position it should help free up the TE group more in the receiving game. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The Giraffe don't need no replacin'.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I liked what I've seen from Koyack in the limited action he had. I'm fine with him starting. I see no need to spend an early pick on a TE. 

Round #2 - OJ Howard - Alabama

(Round #1 - Dalvin Cook)

Quote:IMO tight ends succeed based on QB play more than anything

So how do you explain why some tight ends are good and others are bad with the same quarterback?

Unless the next Gates is sitting there.   We are not a team, That relies heavily on TE anyway.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I like both of them, would like a 3rd TE to be added to the mix.  Preferably a high pick in this draft top 3 rounds.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I like both of them, would like a 3rd TE to be added to the mix.  Preferably a high pick in this draft top 3 rounds.
Too many other holes to fill. 

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 12:46 PM by JackCity.)

Sterling can be the guy who runs the routes we had Thomas run (run might be a stretch) and used as a mismatch in the passing game and out out wide at times.

Koyacks the inline TE who can leak out on 3rd down or catch short passes.

I'd like to a TE brought in FA or UDFA too. Just get a physical freak and see what he can do. Would he a pretty balanced TE group even if it doesn't have any stars.

Quote:Unless the next Gates is sitting there.   We are not a team, That relies heavily on TE anyway.

Agreed.

Quote:Too many other holes to fill. 

I'm comfortable with going into next season with Koyack, Sterling, Ellis but would very happy to get one of the top Tes in this class added.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I'm comfortable with going into next season with Koyack, Sterling, Ellis but would very happy to get one of the top Tes in this class added.

I would like to see more of Ellis.

#Gojags

It's a deep TE class, we'll likely pick one. Personally, I like the idea of Jordan Leggett in the third. I think with the deep class of TEs he can fall to the third, and he would represent tremendous value there
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.